charger
Years ago

SEABL 2016

with teams starting to name signings/import searches/new coaches ahead of next seasons, so does the rumor mill!

Topic #38261 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Brisbane - rumour has it Yusuf is trying to get home to SEABL in Melbourne

Reply #556752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO Brisbane, that's a new one.

Reply #556761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard Tiri is looking to move back to Melbourne

Reply #556775 | Report this post

PJ  
Years ago

Bandits announced re-signing of Deba George and Clay McMath as well as some locals returning in Jack Dack, Darcy Harding and Sawyer Dearborn. Getting their imports back and finding a replacement for Alex Bogart-King are going to be the keys for them.

Reply #556896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard Nuna making few changes to roster as well

Reply #556897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahaha yusuf!

Reply #556920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

interesting to see what moves Frankston makes

Reply #556924 | Report this post

Jason S  
Years ago

If Brisbane isn't in and there players attempt to move back to Melbourne frankston should be calling them because I think frankston are awful next season

Reply #556925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knox not yet ready and no Brisbane next season will give the competition a new look. Wonder what BA has in mind?

Reply #556926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From Brisbane who would get a game in Melb??

Kenny, tueta's that's probably it really.

Yusef will be back in big v

Reply #556938 | Report this post

PJ  
Years ago

Are you sure about there being no Brisbane teams next year? I heard that the second SE Queensland team didn't get up but haven't heard anything about the Spartans?

Reply #556984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I spoke to one of last seasons players a while ago and he had suggested that CJ could be player /coach and he was then expecting to return. News to me.

Reply #556993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard ba were working on second SE QLD team plus working on NSW teams as well to make it a true second tier comp

Reply #557006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There should be a couple of NSW teams and at least two in QLD, that would be awesome for SEABL and the game in general.

Reply #557007 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Every couple of years there are rumours about 2 or more Sydney or Hunter teams going to SEABL & nothing ever pans out because most NSW clubs struggle to pay the costs of Waratah which are a fraction of those for SEABL.

Reply #557021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brisbane are in dont know what you are talking about

Reply #557026 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

From what i have been told from current players (some told others not) that the organisers are unsure if they will be fielding a team for 2016 season due to the raising cost, bad proformance and with a greater push for players to be playing QBL.

As for sydney teams i know Ben Knight had been pushing for Norths for a few years but the sticking point is SEABL will not take a new team without a womens program too. this has lead to Norths not fielding a team.

This isn't the first time i heard new clubs advised to field womens clubs.

Reply #557071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea big sticking point is the women's program otherwise 1/2 nsw teams would already be in. Might need to part with other program were 1 runs women other rubs men can make it logistically tough but at least it could all be in one area of sydney

Reply #557247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surpercats women out?

Reply #557249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did Hodgson sign with Waverley and not Frankston? Surely the Blues would have wanted him back.

Reply #557358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any word if Frankston are re-signing Polk?

Reply #557417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Polk and Linton have left and gone to Knox. Page is most likely headed back to Diamond Valley. Hodgson has signed with Waverley. They will be coached by Grant Wallace. They will be bad again.

Reply #557419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last years imports gone from Nuna

Reply #557429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Polk and Linton were their two most consistent players last season. Big loss I thought they would have kept them both and Hodgson and built from there!

Reply #557430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They must not have had a Jolly time in frankston

Reply #557432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imports never even give second thought at Nunawading

Frankston a mess but Linton should stay SEABL going to big v for a guy with his talent isn't a great move

Hodgson picking up a good check at Waverley hence the move but he won't play much as he is always 'injured' during off season

Reply #557439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just when things couldn't get any worse Frankston lose their 3 best players. Manny Hendrix is mates with HBO - chances of him being PG?

Reply #557705 | Report this post

Deez  
Years ago

Can some one remind me of how many games Frankston won last season with these three best players? Polk at 15 and 10 I can see but if the other two are 11/1and 6 / 5 you weren't a very good team to begin with. Where does Eric Williams fall in this top 3 player conversation?

Reply #557788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@557249, Supercats women are still in. Dave Herbert signed an initial 2 year deal as head coach and has taken on a new role within the club, along with holding tryouts for the team over the next couple of weekends.

Reply #557809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word is tom wilson to suit up with frankston until he heads to college at smu.

Reply #557933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deez looking at numbers would think Williams, Polk, Hodgson were their top 3 with Linton next in line. Are any of them returning?

Reply #558353 | Report this post

Deez  
Years ago

Not sure I don't pretend to know what clubs are doing like most in here. I was just amused that Williams wasn't in Anon's top 3

Reply #558390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Polk, Williams, Linton in that order. The big fella didn't play enough to be noted I top 3

Reply #558421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Williams if your looking at just point numbers. The guy was throwing up deeps bombs, coming from the coaching staff he didn't even run the plays. Polk had his worst year and he was still the best on the team

Reply #558451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back up WNBL PG signed by a SEABL team but they don't want to release her name because it may effect her current WNBL opportunities.
I'm tipping Rangers wont be happy.

Reply #558738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rangers have Clydesdale and Todhunter as PGs, neither of these two will be looking to play SEABL away from Rangers especially if Anderson is coaching

Reply #558775 | Report this post

Deez  
Years ago

Anderson isn't coaching and Dandenongs budget isn't big enough to keep them all for a new coach. That group stayed together because of the dynamics of the group and Larissa. Now it's time for them to get paid. You can dangle the WNBL carrot for only so long and they aren't getting any younger. The window of opportunity to make money is closing fast with the young crop of stars coming through in the next 2-3 years

Reply #558786 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Who is coaching Dandy SEABL team next year?

Reply #558812 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Who is coaching Dandy SEABL team next year?

Reply #558869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

those girls like to play together, and dandenongs budget has never been big for the SEABL women, the men get the lot.Some of the older ones will probably either retire or have a break, unlike mens basketball, these women usually already have jobs AND play WNBL.

Reply #558892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wont be Todhunter or Clydesdale moving, probably Philips. Which would be a crazy move.
No coach named as yet - Anderson will be involved in the process.

Also Greg Page signed with D Valley. Didn't play much for Frankston but still imagine a loss to the program. That makes Williams, Polk, Hodgson, Linton and Page all gone.

Reply #558923 | Report this post

Don  
Years ago

Why would todhunter not leave if Anderson isn't coaching? And why would it be bad for Phillips? It makes sense for Phillips to leave out of all of them .. She's been a back up gaurd for 4 years out of the AIS and would be one to Clydesdale and todhunter and Paps next season. She's good enough to start.. And todhunter and Clydesdale would get top money on the market. There is another coach in the league that these girls love as much as Larissa. They played against her in the final.. I think that's a viable conspiracy theory

Reply #558939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Supercats announce signings for 2016:

- Natalie Hughes (former Opal and Great British team member). She is an older player but she will bring some much needed experience to the team as we were a young team this past season.

- Eric Gaff has re-signed and has also taken on a position on the staff at Basketball Geelong; the employment opportunity if part of a plan for Gaff to obtain Australia Residency and remain a long-term playing prospect for the club.

- Nathan Herbert, Nick Owosu and Jamie Medved are also back for next year.

- Its a bit ambiguous as to whether or not Sarah Blicvas has signed on for next year as there hasn't been an announcement but when talking about Hughes they mention her Australian citizenship means she isn't a restricted player, leaving Blicavs as the only restricted player currently on the women's roster.

- Dave Herbert is headed to the USA to scout on possible mens importants; nothing about looking at any imports for the women's team though.

Reply #561363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any Chargers news?

Reply #561372 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

A couple of guards have moved on from last year's Supercats team, haven't they? I would love to see more local product in that team this coming year.

Hopefully some room now for a couple of local lads to get in, with some court time to show what they can do...

Reply #561373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack Duck has returned to Albury after a year in Geelong, while Joel Smith has taken up a rookie cat B spot on the Melbourne Demons (?) AFL list - following in his dad's footsteps.

If they are looking at important options for the mens team then it sounds like Kimmani Barrett won't be back.

That gives 3 changes to the mens team straight up - hopefully they look at some younger options for the guys because we do have a lot of experience in the side, but need the youth coming through also. The opposite of the womens team where they were predominately 21/22 or younger, and where a couple of older/experienced players would be good additions.

Reply #561401 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Lewis Varley and Jaxson Bentley come to mind, early 20's still and can play 1 or 2 guard, both have range, skill and potential to improve with court time.

Reply #561412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blicavs definitely playing.

Reply #561461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben Harvey continuing for a 7th season with the Braves.

Reply #561495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets hope the budget might get a real title this time around

Reply #561664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers men and women appear to be safe for 2016

Reply #562979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

safe for now, another poor result and surely its as good as over

Reply #563011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re' Supercats
Well they added some youth, not Lewis Varley or Jaxson Bentley but two juniors. I wish them all the best as this seems risky.

Reply #563021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers on track to return.
http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/local-sport/future-looks-safe-for-lady-chargers/story-fnj92b0f-1227602416723

Reply #563128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harvey has had his cheque book out again, he has completed a similar move to that of getting Lewis to his team. Must be nice not to have a budget. Unfortunately for him it doesn't matter who he brings in they can't overcome his incompetence as head coach!

Reply #563131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell us anonymous what credentials do you have as a coach to make that comment? Or are you just another sniping idiot from the peanut gallery that thinks they know it all.

Reply #563133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just a another peanut who in your eyes cant have an opinion unless they have coached at higher level than SEABL.

However, to assist me in my understanding of the game perhaps you could enlighten on what makes him a good coach at SEABL level? Would it be his remarkable rotations in the final against Mt Gambier that points to his coaching ability?

I look forward to your response but more so another season of watching Harvey, this year i will be sure to play closer attention to his remarkable coaching.

Reply #563142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good idea because clearly you haven't watched much at all of his coaching ability.

Reply #563195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess his 200+ games of seabl makes him qualified surely. But obviously you know more than Harvey and the board who continue to appoint him.

Reply #563200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just because you play a certain number of games doesn't automatically mean you will be a good coach! Just as not having played any games at the level being coached means that you will be a terrible coach. Surely there has been enough examples of both that this can be agreed?

I just think for a coach who has such a high budget (if there even is a budget) keeps under performing.

Isn't he on the Bendigo Board?

Reply #563201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A coach should never have nothing to do with a Board. How do you know what his budget is?

Reply #563207 | Report this post

hoops warrior  
Years ago

Reply #563209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im just a peanut, who knows nothing.

Reply #563211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So tell us your experience other than that you are indeed a penut

Reply #563212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

right after you tell us yours

Reply #563217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and why your at it you could also suggest why you consider him to be a good coach (presumably you do). So far all you have seemingly put forward is that to have an opinion i have justfy to an anon why i can have an opinion.

What are your credentials so that you can question mine?

Is that you Ben?

Reply #563218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Strange isn't it that when you challenge someone about their credentials they put it back on the questioner.

Reply #563219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

equally as strange how when someone is offended by an opinion rather than attempt to put forward an argument to the contrary, the simply attack the person with the opinion and challenge their ability to form an opinion.

Reply #563220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Meh is about the reply it deserves and that's too much.

Reply #563223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A great man once said, 'Everybody love everybody!'

Reply #563303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

took you a few replies to reach that decision Ben.

Reply #563321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back on topic the Chargers are set for a full revamp.
2 coaches required and coming into the 2016 with a new board and little money a tough year ahead for them but at least they have survived and will both play on.

Reply #563324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any chance the Chargers can have their own thread this new season for all the critics and haters so the rest of us can enjoy not having to sift through the rubbish?

Reply #563331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^331 Agreed and add to that Knox and Frankston.

Reply #563332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No need to have a seperate chargers thread. The cancer has been removed and the patient, despite being run into the ground has been revived with a decent head mens coach on the way. All is good. One shithouse season gone, Chargers back to where they should be.
Pleasing to hear that he's not that well liked in the north either.

Reply #563347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More good news for the Chargers with Anthony Streart appointed as head coah again for 3 seasons. Even Stewie had a shot at Rush.

http://m.themercury.com.au/sport/local-sport/stewart-promises-to-bring-back-the-excitement-of-the-hobart-chargers/story-fnj92b0f-1227605406172

Reply #563677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you can score you can play! So no D will be played?!

Is he going to suit up??

Reply #563679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

surely there can be a balance between all out offensive and solely defensively orientated?? Seems odd to come out and basically say we wont be caring about defense! He could have said it will be our intention to play a more uptempo style we will be extremely positive on the offensive end, but the defensive mindset of the last two years should provide a good base which we hope to carry through and launch our uptempo game from that end of the floor.

Reply #563709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bendigo Braves announce signing of Damian Johnson formerly of the Pioneers.

Reply #563717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johnson to Bendigo shows there intentions this year great pick up.

Steel has re-signed at Nunawading which is a solid young piece to there team.

Any news on signings etc ?

Sandy, Frankston Kilsyth,dandy have all been quiet, Nunawading announcing the same guys so can assume they'll try an get better imports to be competitive.

Any news from interstate clubs?

Reply #563718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Signing Lewis and Vandenberg last year signalled their intentions as well.

Two years before that it was Jazzman and Mcfarlin.

Bottomless money pit and no championships to show for it.

Reply #563730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We would all love our clubs we support to have access to the $ of the Bendigo programs, but we'd also love to see result for that spend. Both the men's and women's teams obviously huge budgets and no recent championships.

Reply #563731 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Must of been a fair bit more money for DJ to go to Bendigo.

Reply #563732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have been around the mark most year it's a tough Comp so can't be grudge them for getting quality imports

Reply #563734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frankston website have both coaches pre-season "blog". Men starting preseason in January and women have started with the 3 players they have. Brookens talking up things like he did when he arrived in Albury.

Reply #563756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bendigo will be the next Victorian NBL team, wait and see.

Reply #563758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big budget which they use to lure competition stars that other clubs have found thinking that will be the key to a championship but have come up short. Think pioneers over past 3 highly successful seasons have shown what it takes and it doesn't appear to be overpaying for one or two players which Bendigo repeat year in year out. Someone there doesn't seem to get it.

Reply #563776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It cant be any worse than priding yourself on D and losing with a score of 52.

Reply #563777 | Report this post

Jason S  
Years ago

I heard Anthony Stewart was named Chargers coach, notice he took a swipe at Rush in the local media

Reply #563792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

faith restored in the chargers after seeing stewart named coach. with some luck we'll see a couple quality imports that will play out the season. unless they go strictly locals :/

Reply #563843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Jason. Stewie was right. Stewie played almost 500 nbl games and if he says Rush wasn't up to it, I respect that 100%. The clever ones already knew that.

Reply #563936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you guys please start your own Chargers thread....

Reply #563949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I second that motion

Reply #563966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

has anyone heard if DQ is back at Dandenong?

Reply #563980 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Im hearing yes.Will Chuck be there next year?

Reply #563982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haven't heard. i thought chuck was naturalising?

Reply #564041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im guessing Albury will be basically the same australian content with the two imports to be decided upon. If they have high quality imports like last season they will be up there again, if they dont they will be back down the ladder again.

Reply #564042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pioneers have obviously lost D Johnson any other news about there roster for next year?

Reply #564043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same local crew in Mt G with new imports

Reply #564064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry for talking seabk in a seabl topic.

Reply #564138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hate to mention the dirty word "chargers" but pretty quiet in the Hobart camp since the Stewart announcement. Would have expect to see a couple names thrown around by now.

Reply #565358 | Report this post

Sydney Hoops  
Years ago

Chuck is naturalised, he played as one last season. as for the chargers any word now you'll hear Tiri will resign

Reply #565389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers still re organising. Long way to go before players on the agenda. Open tryouts this Monday night at warrane for the men at 6:30 pm

Reply #565489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spectres add Nathan Wilson who played last year for NW Tasmania .

Reply #565648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilson known as a loose cannon wonder how that'll role at Nunawading!

Amy news on more imports/signings?

Reply #565690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loose cannon - On or off court ?

Reply #565693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers men actively recuiting. Big news if it comes off.

Reply #565820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ they'll need it to get people in the door at home games after last year

Reply #565867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers sign dwayne radcliffe. Expecting to annonce an aussie nbl player next week.

Reply #566542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^not surprising they signed Dwayne..

Reply #566674 | Report this post

Jason S  
Years ago

Dwayne moved back there last year and said to have gotten a new job so he was always playing with his brother. Does this mean Tunks is Gone? I was thinking he was still in town work

Reply #566679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No id3a where tunks is. Hes rushs boy. Great selection wasn't he.? Sure he will play bball again for Rush when he next coaches anyone else but kids. Muahhhhhh

Reply #566719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tunks isn't horrible just Not worth a highly paid spot but solid role player

Reply #566732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tunks is the kind of bloke you stroll pass on the street and think "he might be a decent basket baller" based on first appearance...but you'd never actually offer him a gig let alone a highly paid one...total role player...looks and dresses like a basketballer

Reply #566871 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

He's been duping coaches with his size for years but that's more the coaches' fault & not his.

Reply #566874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exciting news for Chargers fans on the way.

Reply #567657 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Aussie or import?

Reply #567664 | Report this post

Deez  
Years ago

Aussie

Reply #567678 | Report this post

Sydney Hoops  
Years ago

they resigned Tunks and then traded him to NW thunder for a washing machine

Reply #567705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Earnest Ross is playing for Ballarat next year!!!!!

Reply #567707 | Report this post

Sydney Hoops  
Years ago

as a import or local?

Reply #567711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Local I believe, just got drafted to the D League before being cut by the Santa Cruz Warriors

Reply #567713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ross would be great pick up at seabl level

Reply #567739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So rather than wait for the ultimate anticlimax tomorrow afternoon...whos the big chargers signing?

Reply #567776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No anticlimax. 4-5 clubs chasing this signature.

Reply #567811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He would be a smart pick up at SEABL level as he is a physical player who could dominate the smaller guards.

Reply #567850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frankston have signed both imports before Christmas?! Unusual. usually they wait until the last minute or wait for the season to have begun before doing that.

Reply #567857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frankston have signed both imports before Christmas?! Unusual. usually they wait until the last minute or wait for the season to have begun before doing that.

Reply #567858 | Report this post

Boris  
Years ago

Talk of a 16th team for next year plus 3-4 teams changing conferences

Reply #567859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

16th team for 2016 season? Really believe when I see it!

Reply #567863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hearing import announcement from Spectres due this week

Reply #567864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melb Tigers should be voted in on Saturday.

Reply #567866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The draw is out including the Tigers in. Cross conference changes make it tough.

Reply #567867 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Great to see the Tigers back!!!

Reply #567877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow could shake up recruiting. Hear a few big v guys keen to make the jump

He'll need some serious dollars though to recruit playerd

Reply #567901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers announce the signing of Agent 97. Jarrad Weeks.

Reply #567902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Today's Mercury newspaper talking about Hugh Greenwood helping sign a previous team mate from college as an exciting import. while also having fly in fly out Nbl options alongside Jarrad Weeks.

surprisingly Harris-Tunks got a mention as being in discussion with Stewart regarding his future. Hopefully Stewart giving him instructions on how to find the road leaving Hobart.

Reply #568304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't be surprised to see a few Tassie born NBL players and others possibly suit up for one off Chargers SEABL games. Will Stewie dust off the sneakers?

Reply #568308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tunks will stay need rotation bigs off bench

Reply #568313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he played he wouldn't be starting.

Reply #568329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any word from the Chargers camp in regards to an import?

Reply #570086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The current draw is being looked at with the East conference is a weak Conference. The South being in a far stronger Conference. The Chargers have their AGM on Monday and until that occurs and the current Board resigns there is no point in even talking about imports. They women don't have a Head Coach either yet.

Reply #570091 | Report this post

Deez  
Years ago

Former Adelaide lightning coach Jeremi Moule to coach Dandenong SEABL Women

Reply #571692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any other signings happening or rumours?

Reply #571703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Restructured conferences along with the fixture have been released:

EAST
BA Centre of Excellence
Ballarat
Bendigo
Brisbane
Canberra
Dandenong
Melbourne (men only)
Nunawading

SOUTH
Albury Wodonga
Frankston
Geelong
Hobart
Kilsyth
Mt Gambier (men only)
NW Tasmania (men) / Launceston (women)
Sandringham

The Grand Final Weekend is scheduled for September 10-11 2016.

http://www.seabl.com.au/index.php?id=257&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=10457&cHash=0d0ac8f389

Reply #571719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very un even draw IMO.

Reply #571742 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

I agree. South is stacked with quality teams while East was most of the perennial underachievers.

Reply #571744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stupidest part is that it seems that a team like Bendigo only visits Tassie for one game.

Reply #571746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't get why the conferences change. It means Albury don't get a chance to defend their conference title from last year. If it is meant to try to even out the conferences i don't get what it is based on with team changes significant from year to year for a lot of teams. A lot of teams are yet to complete their rosters how can anyone know if they will be strong or otherwise. I dont really understand why there are conferences at all. Surely a competition wants its best two teams in the championship game. This may no occur when conferences exist as there maybe two stand out teams from all others but they are in the same conference which means one wont make it and the conference final is the real championship decider. its not like you don't play the teams in the other conference during the season. I say they should be scrapped!

Finally you say south is stacked which i guess you base on last years results are those teams going to be teh same this year??

Reply #571771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The mid table teams only need to get he imports right and suddenly they make that team strong.

It's so hard to predict year on year

Reply #571774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agreed, thats why the conference should either stay the same or be abandoned

Reply #571798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Abandon the conferences then and what? PLease tell us your alternative.

Reply #571807 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

What point do the conferences serve? I have asked this before - seeing everyone plays each other twice. Just expand the finals to eight teams.

Reply #571812 | Report this post

Deez  
Years ago

Not everyone plays everyone twice. Out of conference teams some you only play once.

Reply #571813 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

That is new this year Deez? Previous years you played everyone twice.

Reply #571814 | Report this post

Deez  
Years ago

Nah started last year when Knox left the comp.

Reply #571820 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

So I presume you match up on you conference twice, and what about the other?

Reply #571868 | Report this post

Deez  
Years ago

Some teams you play twice some you don't. Teams change up the interstate games like tazzy and go every other year to save money etc.

Reply #571872 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

16 teams, why not one pool and play everyone home and away.

This would be a 30 game season which seems a good amount of games.

8 team final system with 1v8, 2v7 etc

This is the fairest system and all teams get the same opportunity.

*Not sure if CoE plays in all games or is eligible for the finals so this may need looking at.

**I have only thought about the mens side...

Reply #571889 | Report this post

Deez  
Years ago

They don't want to lengthen the season and run into wnbl and NBL preseasons

Reply #571891 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Interesting place we are going with this thread, I think conferences can be good if they serve a purpose and that purpose seems to be saving money.

Well, then if this is to be achieved it must be supported by a clever draw, one that saves teams money, if this is the case then we also want some level of equality in the finals and some chance of less likely blow-outs during the season.

Blow-outs will always happen, can't say much can be done here, but if we drop conferences at the end of regular season and introduce one pool of finals format with the best 8 teams or whatever works, then we have some chance of equality and no one suffers from being in an unfairly strong conference!

Or, at least it is less likely that a team will be missing out due to conference anomalies, if they exist...

Reply #571894 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

If I read the fixtures correct, it is 19 rounds with 22 games.

If you make it 20 rounds and 30 games, every 2nd week there is a double header.

Can still go with 4 week finals period.

In the mens Seabl there wasn't a huge number of NBL players so don't see why they are too worried about this.

Maybe time to start looking at different concepts to lift interest.

Maybe have some tournament style regular season games where a venue (Dandenong) hosts a weekend of Seabl games where each team plays 3 games over the 2 days... Just a thought as it would help to cut costs by condensing season.

Reply #571896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

24 games for Chargers.

Reply #571929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

chargers have seemingly been quiet since the board change...

Reply #574075 | Report this post

SEABOARD Watcher  
Years ago

The Chargers recruited Weeks which is a good signing. They're currently on a bit of a membership drive which is also a good thing. Small steps but they'll be back.

Reply #574080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tunks expected to play footy this year.

Reply #574085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Telstra Men's Hobart Chargers announce import for 2016 season

The Telstra Hobart Chargers Basketball Club are excited to announce the signing of their male import for the 2016 season, Shane Southwell. Shane is 23 years of age, 6 foot 7 inches (198cm) and hails from Harlem, New York City.

He played with the Kansas State University Wildcats Basketball program from 2010-14. He was also a member of the third senior class to advance to four consecutive NCAA Tournaments with the Wildcats. In his senior year at Kansas State Shane averaged 9.9 ppg and 4.3 rpg. In 2012/13 he averaged 8.4 ppg and 3.8 rpg. His team reached the Big 12 tournament finals and he was an All-Big 12 honourable mention in 2013.

Shane is currently playing in Mexico where he is averaging 24 minutes, 6.3 points, 4 rebounds and 2.7 assist per game.

Chargers coach Anthony Stewart said "I am extremely excited to sign someone of the quality player and person such as Shane to our franchise". “Shane had an outstanding college career with Kansas State and was a part of the Brooklyn Nets 2014 summer league roster” Stewart said.

“I have spoken to Shane on numerous occasions and he is confident he can bring an exciting brand of basketball to the club and he hopes to catch the eye of recruiters from NBL clubs for the 2016/17 NBL season” Stewart said

“At 6’7 Shane is a real athlete who will bring great excitement to the court this year and will fit in extremely well to the style of game we are looking to play and I believe he will form a strong chemistry with Jarrad Weeks” Stewart said.

Reply #574094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/local-sport/new-hobart-chargers-import-shane-southwell-goes-from-big-apple-to-apple-isle/news-story/717af54cd59af968fdca0311ab06435e

It seems the Chargers have an injured player that potentially will need shoulder surgery.

Reply #574105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hearing CJ is back in the league...

Reply #574126 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Yup.

https://twitter.com/brisspartans

Reply #574128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers announced Dwaynes injury on Facebook this afternoon. Google also suggests Shane Southwell doesn't have a very clean injury record either..

Reply #574169 | Report this post

Captain Charger  
Years ago

Hobart Lady Chargers are advertising for 2 volunteer Asst Coaches.

https://www.facebook.com/hobartchargers/posts/1156013904423340

Reply #574578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have a look at Stewie and Dwain Davie talking about this Saturday nights ADF games and the upcoming season.
https://youtu.be/C05b8twXYDc

Reply #574850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any word on further signings from all clubs?

Seems to have gone quiet in the last 6 weeks

Reply #574890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pioneers, bendigo and NWT look like they have put together teams that will challenge for titles again. other teams have been a bit quiet... whats happening out there?

Also this thread is rather difficult to find (i do a goggle search) is there a way of keeping it where it can be found more readily?

Reply #574982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think Nunawading picked up Linton from Frankston.

Reply #574988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Google search is the only way to find it if it falls off the front page, or you can bookmak the page and refresh to the latest.

Reply #574990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My sources tell me the thunder have lost there import sanham from the townsville crocs
I hear he has signed behind there back in the nznbl
??????

Reply #575091 | Report this post

GooseSix  
Years ago

Correct.

Reply #575113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

must have been a pretty poor contract with nwt or has players simply breached and hopes club wont take any action??

Reply #575135 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's not unusual for players to have an out clause if a better offer comes up from OS before a certain date.

Reply #575139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He been solid in NBL so probably had an out clause which makes sense for him personally.

Based on his NBL play he would have been very good at seabl level

Reply #575142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

makes it hard to build a team around then with an out clause like that seems like a bit of a waste of time. would be better off simply finding a guy who will commit not half heatedly commit. so who are they going to sign now?

Reply #575150 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

A number of NBL guys have those clauses. I think the Breakers generally have August 1 as a cut-off date. It's a way of signing a high-quality player who mightn't be ready to commit at that point. It's like putting dibs on them.

Reply #575152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah but i would have thought it would impact upon budgets etc and difficult to plan other selections

Reply #575177 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I guess that's why they have cut-off dates, so they can allow themselves enough time to get a replacement.

Reply #575181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good get for the spectres in Linton. Thought he would have been a lock for a return to Knox.

Reply #575193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thunder sign Texan Gary Johnson in the absence of Sanham.

Reply #575214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johnson.

http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/3696210/thunder-covers-loss-of-samhan/?cs=88

Reply #575303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

at 6'7" the thunder might struggle to cover some of the bigger guys in comp???

Reply #575549 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

Does anyone know if the dandy men have signed anyone?

Reply #575568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not aware of anyone officially. It seems very quiet this year in respect of signings.the season is only 8 weeks away. I would have thought teams would have begun preparations.

Reply #575720 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Potentially great signing for Lady Supercats, Olympic and Opals star Rohanee Cox is joining the team this season, her first in the SEABL...

Reply #575778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If she is fit she dominates!

Reply #575788 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Leadership role, she could be a good fit with a young side and some youth coming through in pending seasons...

Reply #575858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Linton great get by Spectres. Why did he leave Frankston?

Reply #575905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't everybody leave Frankston after 1 year....

Reply #575914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geelong are not a young side??? Blicavs, Duck, Williams, fadljevic, Teague and Hughes... Plenty of experience

Reply #575920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Olympics and Opals experience, which one of those has that anon?

Reply #575932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hughes, and Blicavs

Reply #575936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

with ballarat men signing the second important it would appear that they are going to be tough to beat this year? thoughts?

Reply #577242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TTT

Reply #581136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love a second important.

Reply #581155 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Another great signing for the Geelong Lady Supercats picking up 6'6" Alex Bunton, surely they will be considered as potential contenders this season with that roster?

Reply #581451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The men's comp is going to be one of the best in years. Quality players everywhere

Reply #582229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frankston & Sandy had a good hitout last night down at Frankston. Both teams looking like they are still trying to feel there way through changes with new coaches and personnel on both sides. Fair to say that they are very thin when it comes to bench depth and will rely heavily on a few to do a lot of the work. Crosswell was up to his usual crafty best. Jordan Vandenberg an interesting addition to the Sandy team if he stays.

Reply #582610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sandy and Vandenberg. Why would Harvey let him go?

Reply #582639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He ain't any good

Reply #582641 | Report this post

Spot up  
Years ago

I heard that Ringwood thrashed Ballarat last weekend. Can anyone confirm?

Reply #582652 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Beat them by about 50.

Reply #582653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MOst people around seabl circles know he's not that good, yet people that don't know talk about him being a Kings player.

Reply #582658 | Report this post

Spot up  
Years ago

That's interesting. No wonder Kilsyth keep avoiding them!

Reply #582663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone have any reports from the games that were played in horsham this past weekend?

Reply #583372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weeks and Southwell arrive completing the Chargers side.
http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/local-sport/legends-on-flight-path-for-exciting-chargers/news-story/ec31df1859ee927d5b73290fa68762e1

Reply #583383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With the season commencing on friday night, what are your predictions for conference champions and overall champions.

Reply #583891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hobart Chargers had a full 2 page spread in The Mercury today. Different online unfortunately than the paper.
http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/local-sport/chargers-coach-and-recruits-are-on-a-mission-to-entertain/news-story/af0b366b18587df5c33ae69d79c7c6ef

Reply #583904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lady Chargers sign second import.
http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/import-chelsie-schweers-to-boost-lady-chargers-scoring-power/news-story/8e0dd00d5285811b88afab7b9280d656#load-story-comments

Reply #583917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know the results of M&W in Geelong no live stats

Reply #584004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

men win, ladies lost

Reply #584006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers win both. Croswell out hurt. Sabres are woeful. Aquill. 1/7, 1/3 fta, 7 rb. 4 O brds, 3 TO 5 fls.

Reply #584011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Massive dunk from Weeks over Vandenbrick.

Reply #584045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How bad are some seabl sides already.
Brisbane woeful. Sandy not much better. No Booker for the Rat. CBR struggling with lots of talent.
Tigers leading CBR currently.

Reply #584084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers win by 2.
Who will take over as HC?

Reply #584085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaze will continue on with the Melbourne Tigers as Head Coach. How that will help the KIngs I dunno

Reply #584106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bandits split their trip. Rangers lose.

Reply #584110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to the Pioneers import?

Reply #584180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is a Dud. fouled out in 10 minutes with 5 points on Friday.

Reply #584183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the cited family reasons is crap eh
Why dont they just say he was crap and anyone that wants to come here needs to be serious about playing here.
Who picked him? Hill?

Reply #584184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any replacement on the horizon?

Reply #584238 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Heal to play one-off game for the Chargers?

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/local-sport/hobart-chargers-eye-oneoff-deal-with-shane-heal/news-story/3749f9005ddfdfc788721d4fdaeaf5ef

Reply #584418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers claim the bragging rights Vs Thunder. From a 12 point deficit the Chargers won by 16.
89 - 73.
Imports who scored 53 the week before combined tonight to score 31. Simpson outstanding with 23.
Chargers had Southwell with 23, Weeks killing them still with 23 and Masunda in his 200th game 12.
In other games.
Geelong smacked Cobras by 27. Braves lost by 9. Next weekend game of the week should be Chargers Vs the Mount.

Reply #584559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Supercats defence is super this year

Reply #584570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pioneers looked much better this week. Even though missing an import were still able to beat a full strength braves. Jamieson might be the find of the season with 33 points 9 rebs 2 assits and 2 steals. Harveys coaching remains baffling. pioneers going to be mighty tough to beat again, new import to be announced in days.

Reply #584573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't see the game but would be interested in what specifically was baffling about Harvey's coaching ??

Reply #584581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A.Gaze coaches the Tigers to there 2nd loss.
Bandits bury the hapless Tigers 101-53.
Trainwreck A Gaze.

Reply #584635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane 2 road wins.

Reply #584656 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Interesting to see how the tigers are going now, very lucky for them that they got an early win to show they can be competitive..will also be interesting to see how they go when Perry heads off later in the season.

Reply #584700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think that having a 2 point win is competitive at all. They were lucky that's about all against the Gunners. Collectively they have lost by 71 points in two games.

Reply #584728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mt Gambieer undefeated Vs Hobart Chargers undefeated. Shame it's not game of the week.

Reply #585120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

chargers up by 10 points!

weeks/southwell stand outs!

Reply #585186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great win to the Chargers.

Reply #585191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers 2 on the road. Now 4- 0. Bandits and Deba George next week. Surley game of the week this time.

Reply #585242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GOTW should have been last week and again this week featuring Chargers

Reply #585605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GOTW this week. Chargers Vs Bandits.

Reply #585631 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Bandits with the win despite Deba failing to fire against his old club... or rather firing to fail might be a better description with 1-11.

Reply #585746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pioneers smack geelong on their home floor. many options for pioneers at both ends now the roster is complete

Reply #585748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GOTW is Rangers vs MTG - I wish MTG didn't have to play Geelong last night and both teams were fresh!

Will be a battle, If Montreal gets locked up MTG will beat Rangers.

Reply #585750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bandits smacked by Braves by 34. WOW.

Reply #585784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deba 5 points 2/19 on the weekend.

Reply #585786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will McDowell-White is playing for Brisbane had 11 points 8 rebounds and 6 assists against Nunawading

Reply #585787 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Huge loss for the Bandits. I've only just noticed that the Tasmania road double is no more which I think is a good thing but having teams backing up in country Victoria on Saturday night after playing in Hobart Friday night is a tough ask.

Reply #585790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All teams have a chance to respond to any scheduling conflicts on their schedule. Evidently the Bandits felt it wasn't too much to ask. I think it's more about playing two really good teams. They haven't won a back to back yet. They lost to Frankston after beating Dandenong. The trip is no different when you play a double with one game @ MTG.

Reply #585791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to be honest...bandits would have been on the losing end of hobart if the refs hadnt been so heavy handed with the foul count early in the first (some of the softest fouls ive witnessed) and then kept them in the game late in the third when it looks like hobart were going to blow them away...

Reply #585810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bandits scored 33 in the last. Nothing to do with the refs.

Reply #585818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any surprises or disappointments yet?

For me the men's east div has been poor especially Nunawading who I thought recruited well but appear to be slow & lack athletes ous from watching its like they are over thinking it which is opposite from previous years.

Surprised by Hobart they playing open and exciting ball the two times I watched them.

Reply #585823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sandringham women again proving they have the weakest women's program going round, but no surprises there. Men not much better.

Reply #585825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huge weekend for the pioneers who easily accounted for the Rangers. Hill with 32. What makes them so tough is that they have so many options to beat you with. Everyone buys in and steps up when required. It's early days but they look a real contender again and have a decent chance at the 4 consecutive conference titles and three consecutive all seabl champs that they are striving for.

Reply #585856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers sack Rob Jones and he immediately joins the Blues.

Reply #586192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one cares about seabl

Reply #586210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are Frankston just trying to be bad on purpose? Again? Or is there a logic to what they are doing? They are 7 games in and already the roster has been changed. What does it take for them to get it right?

Reply #586215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe if they had a decent coach.

Reply #586223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Women's COE team undefeated after knocking off Bendigo today. Doing very well for such a young group that some suggested wouldn't win a game.

Reply #586226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doing very well indeed..
Rebounding looks to be an issue though, When ezi is out.

Froling for Bendigo had another big game.
Same for wehrung for the rush. (Would Be a top 3 pg in Aus under 21)

Reply #586229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not sure anything is an issue when you are undefeated lol.

Reply #586230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes it is. Take one out and they all fall.

In 4 games
1 avg approx 9 rbds, 1 with avg 3 rbds and the other only 1 avg rbd in almost the same amount of minutes played. Each backcourt player averages more = problem.

Reply #586232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha = wanker with agenda.

Ever noticed most of Ezi's rebounds come from her own misses?

They are a group of very talented teenagers doing their jobs.

Reply #586236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ezi is the one getting all the rebounds. No qualms with her rebounding ability.
The other bigs I'm talking about... They need some major development in that area is all I'm saying.

Reply #586237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As I said agenda

Reply #586239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No agenda. Just a basketball fan.

Reply #586241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucas Walker travelling with the All Star NBL side to China means he will miss the Tassie double.

Reply #586398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DQ 7 points in 33 min. Chargers over Rangas 90 - 72

Reply #586618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shane southwell and jarrad weeks leading the way with a big 1st period! while zac white did an awesome job keeping DQ under control!

Reply #586623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the Chargers can get a little more recognition from the SEABL people. Not a player of the week when they beat Mt Gambier away and Tigers away. Rangers under manned undoubtedly but Montreal was terrible. 3/12 FGA, 1/6 3pa, 7 rbs, 1/0 fta and 2 t/o. 33:10.min
If he's trying for an NBL spot right now I would be looking at Southwell.
9/14fga, 7/10 3pa,4 rbs,4 pf,2 asst,25 pts in 26:58min. Early foul trouble stopped a fantastic game from being sensational.

Reply #586634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ once again hobart refs deal up some of the softest fouls while letting plenty also go the other way

Reply #586639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ Now that's a whole other thread . Reffing in Tasmania is horrible. There is a fundamental issue with the same referees working both matches. There is always a carry over from the first game to the next game. If the refs that work the women's game are not good enough to do the men's then they shouldn't be reffing at all. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Chargers as they are a good team this year but I would like to see the fouls on opponents and tech foul count in games in Tazzie vs. mainland.

Reply #586672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Until a decent system is in place for the refs Tassie is in long term trouble.
Many will say that there is nothing wrong and those that say that are part of the problem. They are not the solution.

Reply #586682 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

What happened with Melbourne and Rob Jones for him to now be at Frankston and Melbourne yet to replace him?

Reply #586729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaze sacked him. Maybe his scouting is a little off that will hopefully not be translated to the Kings. Oh and coaching too.

Reply #586731 | Report this post

SenorHatorade  
Years ago

Jones was a good player at St Mary's although he is currently about 15-20kgs overweight.

The weight, plus being undersized in the league doesn't help a team win. He hasn't helped Frankston get a win yet either since he's been there.

Reply #586734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So how bad is Wally for selecting him immediately. Just sayin ;)

Reply #586736 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Jones was very good for Frankston tonight, if that form holds it will have been a very astute pickup.

Reply #586740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MtG lose to the Spartans.

Reply #586741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think Wally has complete control over his roster. Guy trying to be 'high performance' has his input in a lot of guys.

Reply #586751 | Report this post

I_Am_The_Mole  
Years ago

I wasn't at the game although 5-15 for 14 points with 9 rebounds for Rob Jones in a home loss isn't going to get Frankston off the bottom of the ladder for a while.

Reply #586764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hardly a stunning game again. Whats that 30 or so points in 3 games?

Reply #586766 | Report this post

Dwayne Pipe  
Years ago

Think Jones was the best in a pretty ordinary performance last night. His body language, particularly post game, was ordinary. Seems to be a bit of disharmony throughout the group.
Enjoyed watching Kilsyth though.

Reply #586769 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

In the men's I think Mount Gambier will be very hard to beat at the pointy end of the season, they just have so many weapons.

I like Bendigo and Albury/Wodonga who will also be tough, hopefully Geelong can continue with their tight brand of defensive ball as well, but three of these teams are in the same conference so it will be interesting to see how the season pans out...

Reply #586885 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

No love for Hobart Bear?

Reply #586890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a shame they are all in the same conference

Reply #586891 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Lots of love for Hobart, they are flying, maybe my dark horse...

Just trying to limit my scope a little, but they are a good outfit and very dangerous :)

Reply #586895 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

This year we have the two conferences (8 teams in each), obviously the CoE still makes up that development spot, but I would love to see SEABL expand one day to 20 teams, maybe something closer to WA and something from NSW to boost the competition.

If the NBL continues to do well, not lose any more teams but consolidate and strengthen its position in the sporting landscape, that will help.

We have so many kids going to college now and so many more talented young men and women playing the game, my view is we need to provide them with the highest standard possible and retain those who we can, in the best way we can...

Now it great, but the future should be awesome!

Reply #586899 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

I'd like to see SEABL expand too but while it's in the current format I'd love to see the national plaoffs return with the top teams from both SEABL pools and the winners from BigV, NSW, Qld, WA & SA competitions playing a mini tournament.

Reply #586912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone see the MTG v Brisbane game? MTG nearly didnt have enough players left to put 5 on the floor. Only took eight, hill, burdon and lee fouled out. simmons and de wit with 4 fouls each prior to the overtime period!

seems like a hell of alot of fouls called what the hell was going on!

Reply #586915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers give Gunners a touch up.

Reply #587699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ should have been by plenty more also..once again quite a few questionable fouls called against hobart..

one particular one in the final term with dylan simpson charging at the basket collecting a hobart player with a raised elbow to the face! everyone in the stadium including the canberra players saw it yet the ref called it against hobart (ben allen was on his way to the other end of the court thinking the ball had been given to hobart)...

had it been a footy game Simpson would have been given 2 weeks on the sidelines for intentional high contact!

once again refs attempting to outdo each other with little man syndrome..

no less than 4 tech fouls called also..i believe it was 2 each way in the end..

the final 7 minutes being "playtime" for hobart with stewart filling the court with bench players

Reply #587705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely Spartans Vs Chargers has to be game of the week this week

Reply #587751 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Gunners often play with a very short roster, all about the W...

Reply #587961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.seabl.com.au/index.php?id=257&tx_ttnews%5Byear%5D=2016&tx_ttnews%5Bmonth%5D=05&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=10618&cHash=6f71806085c8480d78784783c18df31a

Spartans Vs Chargers. Game of the season I reckon.

Reply #587994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so whos got the inside...will gibson line up for brisbane against the chargers tomorrow night?

Reply #588007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nOPE.

Reply #588012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibson will play a few games in the QBL for Gold Coast Rollers.

Reply #588017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hobart keep charging on... 94-70

-southwell came up big with 40pts/12 reb
-weeks started slow and finished strong with 24pts
-zach white the unsung hero for me 13pts/4 blocks

Reply #588069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't forget his massive allys....

Reply #588070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stoked to see zach white flourishing this year, he definitely got a rough ride with ben rush!

would most likely be the lowest paid "import" in the league also

the cheeky "how'd you like that..." he gave southwell after the first big alley was hilarious

Reply #588071 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

impressive result. Southwell hitting contested shots early or what was the story for his explosion at the start?

Reply #588072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a couple short jumpers to get going but brisbane gave him too much space and he kept knocking them down.

lucky for Brisbane Weeks missed a few early on otherwise the score could have blownout alot further

Reply #588073 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Who were Brisbane missing?

Reply #588081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White never played under Rush. White got injured when he last played for the Chargers and was cut before seasons end. He is a quiet achiever who simply get the job done. Brismabe were scared to go inside with Zach intimadatory blocking.
He had 4 blks on the night and was on the end of 2 or 3 allys as well.

Best part about this team is that they are tight and have each others backs. No egos and a coach who actually knows. Unlike Rush.

Reply #588087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My bad re: Zach playing under Rush

The previous 2 seasons have become a blur with all the coach/import issues.

Either way Zach is killing it defensively for Hobart regardless of what the stats show

Reply #588095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brismane were apparently missing their NBA guy. Don't know his name sorry. Apparently he had to go to a training camp for a week. Suppossed to be returning so they will be dangerous come finals time.

Reply #588097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jaleel roberts would definitely be a solid inclusion back into the spartans lineup come finals, but hobart also have dwayne radcliffe yet to take the court. should be a big boost in the paint at both ends.

Reply #588109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rangers, Spartans and Geelong lose.

Reply #588112 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

Anyone at the Melbourne-Mt Gambier game? Wild result

Reply #588116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not at the game but, mt gambier, over the past few weeks has been average. seem to be struggling at the offensive end, cant put the ball in the whole with any sought of consistence. In some ways the lose might not be a good thing for bendigo as pioneers should come out with steam coming out of the ears today!

Reply #588118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brsaves currently losing. E Burdon last night 32 mins and 2 pts. No wonder they lost.

Reply #588121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know Mel Tigers record?

Reply #588122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pioneers lose another one.
Tigers are 2-10.

Reply #588125 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Southland Sharks forward Duane Bailey has signed with the Spartans, not a bad pick up by Bruton

Reply #588214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spartans singing another Kiwi too. Pre season Bullets practice.

Reply #588224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://youtu.be/Jq8yrOr7AFs

chargers vs spartan highlights...

Reply #588229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HOw bad are the Tigers losing the the CoE.

Reply #588619 | Report this post

harryteabagpotter  
Years ago

Weeks > A Gibson

Reply #588620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weeks is a stud.

Reply #588622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does anyone know how the player died from frankston last week very sad seemed unexpected
and on a side note whats corey maynards story ?has he left?????

Reply #588629 | Report this post

Jay  
Years ago

Corey Broken finger.. Player had a tragic fall from a balcony while attending Uni in Indonesia may he RIP

Reply #588640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers knock off Mt Gambier again.

Reply #589466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ that they did

zac white leading from the front and finally hitting his shots from the outside with 4/4 :D

Reply #589507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

B Hill posterized for LIFE.

https://youtu.be/3gPq7vQVpuI

Reply #589521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weekend of upsets.
Canberra in 2 OT's defeat Kilsyth, NWT smacked by Mt Gambier by 30. Frankston beat the Bandits by 4, and Braves beat Ballarat.

Reply #589523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Supercats drop both on the weekend. Whats going on

Reply #589550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top of the table clash on Friday. Braves Vs Chargers.

Reply #589638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If i hear captain america or the mack truck i will scream.

Reply #590169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schweers for Chargers on the radar for WNBL teams and retaining here in Hobart

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/local-sport/keeping-star-import-chelsie-schweers-a-priority-for-lady-chargers-says-coach-dwaine-davie/news-story/62fe79fb612a12482931350418183236

Reply #590245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers in a massive O/T win over arch rival Thunder in Ulverstone.

Reply #590563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How bad are the cobras.

Reply #590938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cobras lose another one. Season over.

Reply #590970 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

Is Earnest Ross injured? Anyone know why he didn't play in round 14?

Reply #591136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^ went to Frankston yesterday, some old guy was saying ross had a club suspension.
Miners had this young 6 ft 10 guy who was an absolute gun at both ends of the court, I beleive it was craig moller.

Reply #591147 | Report this post

Jay  
Years ago

Rumor has it He was suspended by the club for Albury due to his tech foul in a previous game. Then he decided not to show up and still support the team anyway. DNP at Frankston was the coaches decision in response to lack of professionalism in the way he handled the matter.

Reply #591152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hobart demolish albury...deba george kept to a lazy 3 points again...

Reply #591582 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

DG's career seems to be declining, or is it just Vs his old team?

Reply #591589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, Deba is in full decline and to make it worse, he isn't handling not being the main scoring option well so his decision making is frustrating everybody, especially the coach it would seem.

Reply #591594 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I certainly heard that from last night the Bandits rotations were poor and weird. Clearly that's not helping but I don't think that's a new thing either.

Reply #591597 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

One would thing that George has come to the end of his Seabl career.

Reply #591600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CHargers teams win all 4.

Reply #591615 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

I certainly heard that from last night the Bandits rotations were poor and weird. Clearly that's not helping but I don't think that's a new thing either.

No, it's certainly not a new thing & I think it contributes to the variable form of both individual Bandits players & the team. On their day they can beat any team in the league then they'll get slaughtered by a huge margin by a cellar dweller. Likewise, individual players sometimes seem to be performing well yet get little court time while in other games they get big minutes for seemingly little output.

Mind you, most teams seem to be having difficulty maintaining form this season.

Reply #591630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Form wise Launceston are doing well, but others seem to be managing their list with injuries and not as consistent, agree. That makes for an interesting season though.

Reply #591632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

chargers destroy geelong...

Reply #592065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Supercats were a shadow of their former selves.
Winning by 11 the Chargers played their bench a lot and lead by as many as 25.
Chargers have now locked in the #1 spot and if they meet again the Supercats will be shitting bricks.

Reply #592075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hell the Supercats just beat the Thunder by 32.

Reply #592117 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

no surprise considering who NWT had out

Reply #592125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another failed season for the Thunder under phil it seems.

Reply #592138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's NW Tassies excuse today?

Reply #592774 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

NWT are certainly trying to keep the playoff race interesting.

Nuna, Dandy, Canb in a battle in the East

Reply #592782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NWT done.

Reply #593550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hearing Chargers are in financial trouble

Reply #594043 | Report this post

Goose  
Years ago

Meaning they won't play out season??

Reply #594055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is only one game left in the season

Reply #594057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers turn a 19 point deficit around to win over the Spectres 81 - 77

Reply #594884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NWTfinally out. Phils last season.

Reply #595041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont think phil or his assistants are up to it .Saturday night they played haywood a phil favorite for 10 minutes in the first half i think he shot an airball 0 points no d etc strange that
Then in the last mcdonald had to go off with a blood nose they were up 4 phil called timeout when it got to 6 which allowed mcdonald extra time to get back and steady the ship
its an ulverstone boys club on the bench why that ben keely is there who knows the guys a tosser a few players think the same i hear

Reply #595195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phils last season it seems. Should have been at least a decade ago. No one even seems interested in seabl any more. Sad.

Reply #596155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

chargers choked it up i see
Tiri and zac dont offer alot so no surprise against a well coached well drilled team like mt gambier
Brad hill missed as well dont know why must be injured
bendigo mt gambier final im guessing

Reply #596278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hill has a knee injury. Chargers played poorly. Zac white won them the game last time FYI. Tonight4 point 3 rbs.
MtG should have won by 20+.
Expect a MtG Vs Chargers G/f.

Reply #596282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Changes abound in the Blues program - Chivalry is alive with ladies first of course!!

Reply #597088 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

Big one for Hobart this week. Awesome season could all come undone with one loss to the unpredictable and talented Bandits

Reply #597414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes be disappointing if the go out on straight sets.

Reply #597429 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Hobart put the Bandits to the sword. They were done before half time.

You don't see many finals games where a team run their bench for most of the last quarter and still win by 31 points.

Reply #597463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bandits were terrible. Hobart were awesome. If Hobart play like they did last night look out Pioneers. If Hobart play like they did the week before they will lose by 30 with Brad Hill to return.

Reply #597503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spartans lose as expected.
Pioneers Vs Chargers and Braves Vs Spectres.

Reply #597553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Torns roll on

Reply #597581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any news on where SEABL imports going, if anywhere in off season? So little news. Only one I heard is Booker playing for Minas of Brazil NBB. Nice size club that produced Raul Neto (Utah Jazz) couple of seasons ago.

Reply #597713 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

Disappointing that Brisbane didn't have it together at the right time of season. Well done to Nunawading who have stepped it up in last month or so. Can they stop Kendle

Reply #597731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hill to play despite knee soreness as you would expect
http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/injured-star-expected-to-face-chargers/news-story/1c2c42a19435ac49f42fc26610780f1b

Reply #597732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should be a highly entertaining game. I assume there will be a live stream, it's usually of a high standard in Mount Gambier. Does anyone know if there is a link available yet??

Reply #597733 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

Mtg vs hob https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jaq_f4lYvXM

Reply #597765 | Report this post

Cuszy  
Years ago

The twitter crap from MtGambier live feed was embarrassing. The true support for grassroots basketball here is pathetic.
Chargers were thumped, their coach ejected and the idiot from the Pioneers that started the scene, got nothing.
Beating the Mount @home is always difficult however the incident should never have happened when Tom Wright was blatantly and "unsportsmanlike" fouled him.
Let's hope that when the dust settles some one reviews the ref's piss weak accountability.

Reply #598111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Feel for zac white was a bust when it counted dont expect him to be back same with southwell got completely owned
Hobart have no bench.Stewy wont like watching the replay of his ejection forgot he was a coach not a player
Not a good look for the game that and im sure he would agree when the dust settles
Mt gambierwhat a club
tyronne lee is a gun at that level and richard hill great leader well done

Reply #598113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shattered. Pioneers were great. Congrats. Chargers need serious belly button gazing because right now most of their guns were MIA.

Reply #598118 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Chargers bench: 3
Pioneers bench: 23

Game over.

Reply #598121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rebounds 51 to 29. Zac White 2 points. MIA again Vs MtGambier.

Reply #598125 | Report this post

wayne  
Years ago

Braves hosting the Spectres.

STREAM: http://www.bendigobasketball.com.au/

Looking really good quality.

Reply #598128 | Report this post

_Strungout_  
Years ago

Great quality stream. Liking the commentators.

Reply #598131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dj stuffed the stats sheet for bendigo
25 pts 15 rbs 3 blocks
kendle had his worst game of the year
nathan wilson was awful 2/15 field yuk

Reply #598137 | Report this post

_Strungout_  
Years ago

Good seabl rule. Get dj on your team if you want success.

Reply #598138 | Report this post

wayne  
Years ago

Kendle with his worst game. Still ends up with 17, hopefully he'll be fired up for next week.

Reply #598139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lottsa pokies money in Bendigo Can they finally produce? Their spend on player budget would be at least twice of many Seabl teams.

Reply #598149 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

Mt Gambier talent runs too deep for Bendigo, although in a one off game there's obviously always a chance.

Reply #598152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cuszy -- suggest you watch the footage, that pioneer you refer to (Jamieson), did absolutely nothing except turn around when Wright pushed him. Disgraceful act by Stewart should be a significant ban, can't have coaches physically and aggressively pushing players.

_strungout_ you suggest you need dj to succeed, admittedly very good player but the pioneers have now made it to the gf four years straight dj only in two. Suggest it might be more about a good core sticking together.

Reply #598168 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Huge wins by Mt Gambier over Hobart and Bendigo over Nunawading in the men's.

The final this Saturday should be a cracker, interestingly it is a country Victorian team v one from near the S.A. Vic boarder over the Tasmanians and central Melbourne team who have got through to the final.

My heart says the Braves, but my head says the Pioneers in a close one...

Reply #598201 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Kind of the opposite with the women's final where local Melbourne power team Dandenong got over Nunawading and another Melbourne based team Kilsyth did it at home v Launceston.

I think the final being at the State Centre in Melbourne gives no one a decided advantage in this one but the Rangers may prove too strong for the Cobras and they will get the championship over their Melbourne rivals to continue their domination over recent years.

Reply #598202 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

What length suspension will Stewart get? Terrible look

Reply #598209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

""I think the final being at the State Center in Melbourne gives no one a decided advantage in this one but the Rangers may prove too strong for the Cobras and they will get the championship over their Melbourne rivals to continue their domination over recent years.""

yes no advantage re home court, plus and minus for that, big plus for state center for financial gain though

and if Moyle coaches like he did on the weekend, Kylsyth will have this in the bag, it was a shocker, Spectres out played them best part of the game, they were lucky to walk away with that win

Reply #598225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stewart should cop 8 weeks minimum for that, to be served from the commencement of the next SEABL season too.

Reply #598229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No reports from the game.

Reply #598258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you serious? So a coach aggressively and with force pushes a player from the opposing team during the course of the game (live ball) and nothing?

I could maybe accept the umpires not making a report if they didn't see the incident but they threw the coach out presumably because they saw his poor act, and then no report?

even without the report from the umpires you would think that the league would have the power to review the footage and take action.

Could you imagine this happening in another sport and their being no action?

it wasn't even the case that the player involved did anything at all to antagonise the coach.

Sets a very poor precedent in my view!

Reply #598383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some of the best seabl umpires did nothing so where is the problem if there is one?

Chargers faced being top of the ladder and banned from the finals it seemed.

http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/cashstrapped-hobart-chargers-threatened-with-seabl-finals-ban/news-story/a63e5803948564977aa674d34f8cd1a1

Reply #598424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suggest there is a problem if our 'top' umpires see a coach act the way he did, and they must have to eject him, to then concluded that it doesn't warrant a report?

I guess it beggars the question of what behavior/action would warrant a report from these 'top' referees?

Reply #598489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess that the action of ejecting the head coach during a GF would be punishment enough.

Reply #598497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely the league officials or governing body come over the top here.

You cant have a coach do this at this level and deem it not a reportable offence.

Chargers should act on it themselves !!

Reply #598499 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Is there any footage of this anywhere?

Reply #598502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Full game stream can be found below or search SEABL South Mens final - Mt Gambier Pioneers v Hobart Chargers.

Incident happened with 8.57 left in the game or watch from about the 1.36.40 mark of the video stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaq_f4lYvXM

Reply #598506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaq_f4lYvXM

watch from about 1:36:35 ish about a minute or two into the last quarter.

Reply #598507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep have a look at Jamo, not being involved. 1:36:38 Wright and he were at it. Wright bounced the ball off Jamo and the next thing you see is Jamo push / hit Wright to the ground. It was suggested here that he had no involvement. Bullshit. The rest is history.
SEABL have done nothing Todd Spain the best ref in the SEABL. Did nothing. Nothing to see move on.
It did take them 3 minutes to make up their minds however.

Reply #598517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't know what your watching...... Jamo never pushes anyone.... Wright tries to throw ball off Jamie as both falling out of court no problem fair play.... Jamo tries to run past Wright towards other end behind Wright and between court and bench....slight brushing past contact... Jamo running off is push or grabbed by wright from behind... Jamo turns around and Stewart comes in push Jamo with force on two Occassion. No issue with anything Jamo or wright do but real problem with Stewart as coach assaulting player. It was never said Jamo no involvement it was said did nothing wrong he was entitled to turn around when wright made contact when Jamo running away. Don't care who refs are or how experienced Stewart should b getting a lengthy ban. League can't accept coach acting in that manner there is never an excuse sets very poor example and a dangerous precedent. Agreed took refs way to long to sort it out

Reply #598532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can anyone share why the MTG import and other player got ejected?

Looking at the footage they weren't involved at all

Reply #598536 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Thanks for the link, just watched that incident for the first time. Pretty ridiculous actions from Stewart - if anything it looked like he made the whole situation worse.

Reply #598541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 Pioneers players cleared the bench and were stopped at the score bench from getting further involved.

Reply #598544 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

First time I have seen it, so it will be interesting if something further comes from that incident.

The coach was ejected correctly in my opinion, he was obviously frustrated at the way the game was going, should have just got up and shielded his player away, end of story there I imagine.

The others were ejected for maybe something you cannot hear on the video...

Reply #598545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing will happen now.
Will the Braves lose to The Mount boys again is the question.

Reply #598549 | Report this post

Goose  
Years ago

Very soft by SEABL!
Could set a dangerous precedent if a coach is allowed to shove opposition players when things aren't going well.

Reply #598553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the pioneers players ejected one (mauker) stopped at score table the other (simmons) must have put his foot over the line of the court!

Reply #598566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think braves will beat the pioneers. If they do it will because kendle goes off for 40.

The key to the pioneers success is they dont just rely on one or two players they have 6 maybe 7 who could fill up the stat sheet on any given night. they play good team basketball on both ends of the floor and are very well coached. The assistant could be a head coach at any team and be successful.

I dont think bendigo have the depth in the 3,4,5 spots to cover Lee, simmons, hill, jamieson. Bendigo will be hoping for early foul trouble.

DJ is obviously an unbelievable defended but he cant guard everyone. He can also fill it up on offence if required and if given opportunities. I think Bendigo should be focusing on getting him more shots.

Should be a huge game but I think pioneers have too much depth, experience and are better coached.

Reply #598568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's talk briefly about the starting fives of both teams and the firepower they have, also the imports or NBL rookies etc...

Is one team stacked, or are they about even?

How many locals are there for each team, how much is invested financially into one team over the other perhaps?

Reply #598597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Braves $1.50 Pioneers paying $2.5

Reply #598667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West Coast Eagles were almost unpack able v the Bulldogs the other night too!

Reply #598680 | Report this post

wayne  
Years ago

Kilsyth vs Dandenong Livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9_GDwMfdgA

Bendigo vs Mount Gambier Livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN_06C9D1Ww

Reply #598688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tyrone who? 4 pts 4 rbs and fouled out. Kendle no NBL gig.

Reply #598714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kendle MVP. Next level?

Reply #598717 | Report this post

wayne  
Years ago

Pioneers looked completely lost in that last quarter.

Full credit to the Braves, 16 game winning streak including the final.

Kendle the MVP a certainty?

Reply #598721 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

That was really something. Absolute shocker from Mt Gambier. Kendle and Johnson at their best

Reply #598727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, go braves, that was awesome!

Reply #598748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bendigo too good, particularly kindle and Johnson. Could just about put any three out there with those 2! Bendigo would have won anyway but the controversial calls by the referees certainly changed the whole momentum. Pioneers didn't react or adjust and seem to lack confidence and belief thereafter and braves ran away with it. Would been nice for to have atleast gone down to the wire which is the way is was heading.

Reply #598764 | Report this post

Jeepers Jimmy  
Years ago

Bendigo and Dandendong might have won the Championships but Frankston are the big winners - Club of the Year 2016!!!!

Reply #598831 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Interested to see the criteria there..

Reply #598832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketcase on the floor. Reviews already there about their poor performances apparently. SEABL will argue it's an admin award.

Reply #598842 | Report this post

Jeepers Jimmy  
Years ago

Hope the review at Frankston isn't completed by the guy who did last years. Upshot was they pulled the YL teams out and look how well that's worked.

Reply #598859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frankston will be disappointed they couldn't show off their award at last weeks Senior Presentation. The massive crowd of 38 needed something to smile about!

Reply #598885 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

Just had my mind blown - Jaleel Roberts (Spartans this season) is currently with Milwaukee in training camp.

He must have a great agent as he wasn't even close to NBL quality let alone NBA

Reply #600730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chargers regrouping and some exciting announcements on the way. New President already who is a former premier of the state and with an AGM looming it's all guns blazing.
Targeting solid imports and good Australian content will be key for the Chargers.
Tom Wright has taken a holiday and will resurface for the Specs as will Izzy.
Weeks won't return to NBL commitments and so the Chargers need a few spots filled in a hurry.

Reply #603065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cyfyfu

Reply #609760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ecrvvrv

Reply #609761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Try the 2017 SEABL thread.

Reply #609827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^
Can't find 2017 seabl

Reply #609844 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:15 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754