Anonymous
Years ago

Joe Ingles, what has happened?

I don't have league pass but I do follow NBA box scores.

Joe's numbers seem to be deterating with each game that passes.

For those with LP, what does his body language look like?

Wonder what the reason for his latest slump is?

Topic #38550 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 years, $4.5 million.

That's all that matters. Whatever happens now he's getting paid this season and next season and even if it's to sit on the bench, he's earning a couple of million a year with the best seats in the house.

Reply #566734 | Report this post

Pat  
Years ago

lol

Reply #566735 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

So now he's getting paid, nothing else matters? Ok..

Reply #566736 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I asked this on Twitter and Paul B's response was that Hood and Burks have come back from injury and get priority minutes. Both are future pieces of the franchise whereas Ingles is approaching 30.

Reply #566737 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yeah I saw that on twitter too Isaac. made me think perhaps he was signed more so for Exum's comfort on and off the court to protect that long term project too. The NBA is a weird environment, but as I think someone was trying to say, absolutely worst case he is atleast getting his pay day. Not that he nor anyone who followed him closely last season would see that as a win. Wold love to see Joe get out and get going!

Reply #566738 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Yeah he was signed as a mentor for Dante and a veteran presence in the locker room.

Reply #566740 | Report this post

Pat  
Years ago

Only in America, where you can pay a bench warmer millions and it still looks cheap.

Reply #566741 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

He gets more looks when dantes haha

Reply #566746 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Jazz fan so I watch most games. Hood and Burks healthy hurts Ingles minutes but he's a handy vet to have of the bench, hence the contract. He's also a locker room favourite. Every Jazz man and Jazz fan loves him. Worth every cent of his contract it seems.

Reply #566754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can stream all games from firstrowsports.eu

Reply #566760 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Come home Joe!

Reply #566839 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Yeah I think joes directive doesn't really have anything to do with points or maybe even stats at all. They would measure his output in different ways.

Reply #566861 | Report this post

Jerry Denard Jr  
Years ago

The interesting thing to note is Joe's is getting minutes in crunch time still, Kinda a "special teams in-bound passer" role at times.

The big problem for Joe is that Alec Burks and Rodney Hood are back to full health and are both impressive young up-and-coming types that the Jazz wan't to invest game time into. Also Hayward is gonna take up 35mins a night at the 3 spot, ideally where Joe would play, however Burks is seeing some of the remaining 13min time.

When dialled in Joe played some good D on LeBron this year

If the right match-up was presented I'd like to see the Jazz go a small-ball-esque type line up of Gobert, Joe, Hayward, Burks + Hood.

Next year, the same line-up with Dante in for Hood could be a killer defense.

Reply #566862 | Report this post

lolball  
Years ago

Burks and Hood aren't the problem for joe, its that they are younger and they are who the Jazz want to develop as they have more upside
and just cause he isn't putting up numbers doesn't mean he isn't doing his job
Utah might want him to go out there for 5 mins, work his butt off on D so they can rest the "stars" and if thats Joes job then hey he is doing it

Reply #566879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can be good a locker room guy. Can't ball beyond B-grade, 10 years ago. But I'd mentor Dante all the way to the bank.

Reply #566985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the Jazz remain healthy then Joe will remain a 5-10 minute a night guy. If any of the Wings get hurt then they got a guy who plugs right back into the system without losing a hellava a lot. Good teams have this type of guy as depth. What jazz need is a back 4 who can stretch the floor play some D and rebound.

Reply #567028 | Report this post

fletch  
Years ago

As most people have already said its because hood and burks will get the majority of the minutes, but its also because he is not being utilized like he was last year. Dante had a lot of confidence in him and got him the ball a lot more then Neto or Burk. At the moment he is only really being used as a three and d guy. Last year he was playing some great pick and roll plays.

Reply #567258 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:35 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754