Anonymous
Years ago

Prepare for an epic Perth v NZ GF

I cannot wait

Topic #38559 | Report this topic

Matthew  
Years ago

Ill prepare, but you prepare to be Preapred!

We are halfway through the season now right? I dont see the point of playing anymore games until we play the Grandfinal.

Reply #567107 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

i think you're writing United off too soon.

Once they get back in sync they be solid contenders. I don't doubt the breakers but I have question marks over the wildcats. They aren't that good.

Reply #567111 | Report this post

6ers  
Years ago

Perth are the best team in the league right now ...

Reply #567113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think Perth are that good either and I think if a couple of teams start to play to their capabilities then they will definitely challenge.

Lets not forget, Perth are coached by Gleeson.

Reply #567115 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If the scrappy style of game we've seen the past few days continues then NZ and Perth would have to be clear favourites, if they're not anyway, they excel in that style.

Reply #567116 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I didn't find that one all the enjoyable on the eye so from a general fans sake hope United will be there, just so it hopefully wont be as scrappy and grind it out orientated. But unless some team lifts to a massive level in the semis, its a 3 horse race from here on in i reckon.

Reply #567118 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

"I didn't find that one all the enjoyable on the eye so from a general fans sake hope United will be there, just so it hopefully wont be as scrappy and grind it out orientated. But unless some team lifts to a massive level in the semis, its a 3 horse race from here on in i reckon."

hoisting up contested bricks from the perimeter isn't exactly riveting viewing nor is throwing yourself to the ground with the slightest contact so I for one hope United aren't part of the final.

Reply #567123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL @ everyone suddenly trying to paint United as underdogs despite them topping the standings and now getting Warrick back plus being the team preordained by the league and its refs for this years title

Reply #567125 | Report this post

Tim  
Years ago

perth will only get better with Martin back, and yes we love Gleeson as our coach doing a great job.

Reply #567126 | Report this post

Jo  
Years ago

Let us remember Gleeson won us a championship, and another on the way.

Reply #567127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You mean Ennis & Beal won you a championship but credit to Gleeson for not getting in their way too much

Reply #567131 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Well I prefer the game style of United against one of these 2... Just saying mystro.

Reply #567141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cant believe people are still going about Ennis talk about living in the past.
Perth v NZ imo
Melbourne very capable though.
Adelaide still in the top 4 proving everyone wrong including myself

Reply #567142 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

I think the wildcats are looking much better than they were last time they played the breakers. I was one of the ppl calling Gleeson into question at that point, but now he had then reading defense when they play offense and as such they do not struggle to score 65 points any more. So you met give him credit for that or was it Neilsens influence

Reply #567159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cos the last United game was a real crowd pleaser.

Reply #567160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a surprise Kobe24...

Reply #567175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe24 a known Perth hater.
Sixers won't be in the grand final :)

Reply #567181 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Perth are looking very slick without Damo, can't wait to see what having him back does, remember they've only had one healthy gane this year with the full team. Gleeson is a top coach and recruits very well.

Reply #567245 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'm certainly not writing Illawarra off, Rhys Martin is a big in and they are still getting to know how they all play and if they stay injury free for a couple of months then watch out and they still have an import spot they can use.

Perth vs. Illawarra grand final would have spice

When did teams start writing Cairns off, they should improve by February too

Reply #567299 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Cairns have seven losses and the worst points percentage in the league excluding Townsville. I'm projecting them to finish 7th.

That said, it's the smallest sample size in the league, but what we've seen isn't going to cut it.

Reply #567313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illawarra should take 4th over Adelaide

Reply #567314 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I certainly wouldn't write off MU.

Perth are certainly looking good, but we're still waiting for Knight's obligatory injury.

Reply #567323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Put Rhys Martin back in the Hawks lineup for those perth games in the gong and Perths win loss record would look vastly different I think.

Reply #568122 | Report this post

Who was Perth missing in those games?

Reply #568123 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:43 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754