Isaac
Years ago

NBL Awards night live stream

Live stream - starts 7:30pm Eastern.

Topic #39005 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Surprised it's not on Fox. Live stream seems a poor second option but does make it available to all. Should be on Fox too?

Reply #578263 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Nice, was wondering about whether it was good enough to broadcast in full.

Will be interesting..

Could turn into a brownlow / alan border type thing one day..

Reply #578264 | Report this post

Is it being projected in 3D?

Reply #578265 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

No.

Theres no point projecting in 3D only to broadcast it in 2D.. unless its to show people what it "looked like" in 3D through 2D means.

Reply #578266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

huh??

Reply #578268 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Anyone been able to create an account. I haven't had any luck.

Reply #578270 | Report this post

Surely this is being streamed on the existing NBL Live app, right?

Reply #578271 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

We'd hope so.. moment of truth ETA: 15 mins

Reply #578272 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Google it.

Reply #578273 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Stream will commence in 20 mins.

Reply #578274 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Streaming now on the site, countdown about 18 mins.

Reply #578275 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Don't understand why they need an email, full name, phone number and postcode.

Or why I can't watch this on a television.

Reply #578276 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

I can understand it not being on TV because its probably not interesting enough to take up air time on free to air or fox.

No link on the app is strange though.

Without this thread, I wouldn't even know it was available to watch at all. No easily obtainable link on website either.

How did you get it Isaac?

Reply #578278 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

OoORrhrhrhhhhh Yeaaaaaarrrhh, lol

Reply #578279 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

WTF is that crap. Seriously we might have some USA imports but FMD....we do have some talent with an Aussie originality ...

Reply #578280 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Thank fk that's finished. More excruciating than Brad Rosen doing play by play

Reply #578281 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I can understand it not being on TV because its probably not interesting enough to take up air time on free to air or fox.

No link on the app is strange though.

Without this thread, I wouldn't even know it was available to watch at all. No easily obtainable link on website either.
It's been all over Twitter and Facebook.

Tried to borrow a laptop to plug into a TV, but it wouldn't work. And the laptop I know works died a month ago and is still being repaired. Fantastic.

Reply #578282 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Ah fair enough, haven't been checking social at work.

Reply #578283 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Just got this going. The room looks good. Loving the Brownlow style MVP count.

Reply #578285 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Mayberry lol

Reply #578286 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

I believe at the Swisse Wellness station you can also purchase an excellent bottle of fresh snake oil.

Reply #578287 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Nick Kay ROY. Predictable.

Reply #578289 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Hope the winning player is more worthy of the award than the winning ref :-/

Reply #578290 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Warrick 6th man. Was really only between him and Craig.

Reply #578291 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Kevin Lisch DPOY, oops!

Reply #578292 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

CG43!!

Reply #578293 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I saw that. I'm assuming they haven't announced defensive player of the year yet?

Reply #578294 | Report this post

I think Mayberry was given ref of the year just to spite me constantly pointing out how bad he is.

Reply #578295 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Pretty sure refs get bonus points for arrogance towards players and coaches.

Reply #578296 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I reckon Randle is too far back to have any chance.

Reply #578297 | Report this post

he shouldve got there early and got a seat down the front.

Reply #578298 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Gee, I hope they dont show the MVP name for MIP.

Reply #578300 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Steindl most improved.
I don't agree.

Reply #578301 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Going well with the graphics

Reply #578302 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Would love to know the criteria for "best ref"...

Reply #578304 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Kickert's an interesting pick for All NBL first team.

Reply #578306 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Congrats to Randle, first team and DJ, second team.

Reply #578307 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

NJot really it was only between him and Matt Knight imo.

Reply #578308 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kickert with the ball in his hands is a step above NBL-standard, but at the same time Melbourne have Warrick and Majok to help cover up for his deficiencies everywhere else on the court. Still, hard to argue with his position in the first team, but if he played in Adelaide he'd probably be spoken about like DJ was before he left for Europe.

Reply #578313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

don't get me wrong I'm not in charge of the sydney kings but you know its not a great season of dunks when there are so many white guys in the top 10

Reply #578314 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

don't get me wrong I'm not in charge of the sydney kings
You should apply, you seem qualified.

Reply #578316 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Why are they playing the same highlight reels over and over instead of spreading them out throughout the night.

And Dwayne Russell is horrible.

Reply #578321 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

Crowd goes Mild.

Reply #578322 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Perth Wildcats kicking up a fuss on SM about not having Anyone in the first team.

No disrespect but I think they were IMO lucky to have Knight there in the 2nd team.

I would have had Warrick as my PF in the 2nd team.

Perth don't have studs but they have 7-8 very very very good players. Well Prather is a stud but Lisch and Webster justifiably ahead i think.

Reply #578323 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Was Jarrad Weeks eligible for MIP?

Reply #578324 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Would hate to be in that crowd tonight. What a borefest.

Reply #578325 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

No argument here. We've had various players step up at different times of the season but no one worthy of first team honours.

Reply #578326 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Yeahhh Jerome! Great choice by the fans :D

Reply #578327 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Perth Wildcats kicking up a fuss on SM about not having Anyone in the first team.
Where? I can find literally zero mentions of it anywhere.

Reply #578330 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Coach of the year goes to... the team who finished second last. In all honesty he did an amazing job with the players available and got the best out of them and most importantly they played for him with great passion and drive.

Reply #578331 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

And my pick... Kevin Lisch wins. Well deserved.

Reply #578333 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Perth fans wouldn't want to kicking up a fuss they played a great team game but too many missed games individually.

Reply #578334 | Report this post

Perth fan  
Years ago

I think the first team was mostly right. Think no cats deserved first team honours but did think Kickert was an interesting choice. But have to remember they are staying true to positions so in that case looking at all power forwards, I guess he was the best.

Loved Shawn Dennis getting coach of the year. So well deserved. I'm glad the likes of Bevo, Demoupolis or Gleeson didn't get it cos in all honesty, our teams are stacked. What. Dennis has done with his squad is outstanding and I certainly hope he and the Crocs have built enough of a foundation for their community to support them into the future.

Reply #578335 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Cant fault any of the selections (well accept the ref)and probably the best results for a fair while.

Still a lot to do on the presentation of the night though but heading in the right direction.

Reply #578336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

F**k that, you don't win COTY if ur team finishes 2nd to last, if thats the case you mind as well give MVP to Jordair Jett. These awards are a joke

Reply #578337 | Report this post

Perth fan  
Years ago

And congrats to Lisch. Well deserved. That's enough awards for the season now! Lol
Let's go RedArmy.

Reply #578338 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Congrats Kevin! Worthy winner.

Reply #578340 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Huge pick from Ingles for NBL Coach of the year! Great to have the NBA guys involved.

Reply #578342 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Nice guy finishes first!

Reply #578343 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

But have to remember they are staying true to positions so in that case looking at all power forwards, I guess he was the best.
It wasn't by position, it was three outside players and two inside players.

No idea how Goulding finished second. I had him equal sixth.

Reply #578344 | Report this post

Duncan  
Years ago

Just to weigh in on this topic.. I was thinking about this earlier that if you picked the best coach this year, I would probably say Dennis. He has done a hell of a lot with that young group, but, generally speaking surely you need to at least go .500 to actually get the COY. Find that interesting. I already know this won't be popular due to people's love for Gleeson bashing, and trust me normally I am one of them, but Perth finished equal top with the games missed by Martin and Prather as well as the way that frontcourt operated with Jawai and Knight. (something I didn't believe would work) Who knows, maybe it was actually Matty N doing all the work, but if you look at it on face value I think Gleeson was actually COY. Just my two cents.

Reply #578347 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Hey Anon,

Normally for COTY you would be looking at a team with a massive improvement towards the top of the table or leading the league but in this case Dennis was well deserved.

The reason: Many people at the beginning of the season would have predicted that Townsville would struggle to win any games yet alone be competitive for most of the season with by far the weakest list in the league.

This team made the league a whole lot better and made many more games relevant. This in effect had more of an impact than most other factors to the level the league reached this year. Well done to Shawn and his team.

Reply #578348 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Koberulz, NBL fb page. Post about first team. Few unhappy people.

Reply #578349 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Brian Conklin wins MVP now Shawn Dennis is coach of the year.

Jesus.

Imagine if this happened in a league with media coverage.

Reply #578353 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

MACDUB, so you're talking about fans? Your initial post sounded like you were talking about the club.

I don't understand the reaction to Dennis winning COTY. "He deserves it, and was the best coach, but he shouldn't have won"?

As for the idea of Gleeson winning it...I can think of five or six better candidates.

Reply #578357 | Report this post

The people complaining reminds me of the last time Lisch won MVP and Abercrombies sister writing an article which said the NBL was rigged and biased and out to get the Kiwis blah blah blah.

Reply #578358 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Lol, Lisch is the worthiest MVP in years!

Reply #578360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep Lisch was my MVP pick

He plays hard at both ends and can play both guard spots at a high level and is a winner!

Reply #578362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle was never going to win it. Randle 3rd is about right.

Reply #578370 | Report this post

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/opinion/6645750/Time-to-bounce-Australian-NBL-awards-system

The all time greatest article of butthurt.

Reply #578371 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Thanks for the fun trip down memory lane :)

Reply #578375 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"Randle 3rd is about right."

There's certainly no shame in finishing 3rd when you've missed nearly 20% of a season and votes are cast game-by-game.
He was a legit game-winner and great for the league. I really hope the 36ers find a way to bring him back next season.

Reply #578376 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Bit late to say it now, but I had a feeling Lisch would take the gong. He is so well respected that he'll poll well with opposition coaches. Could have been other worthy recipients too, but just had a feeling he would do well.

I don't understand the "voting system" for the All-NBL teams. "3 outside and 2 inside" WTF does that mean? Did they make that up just so they could have Chris Flopping alongside Lisch? Just as well Randle is a combo, or we'd have 3 SG's.
What's wrong with the old system of picking one player per position?

At the end of the day, these "teams" are rewards for individuals, they're never going to play.

The "voting" system for Defensive player is also weird, with each club only nominating one player. That's why AJ doesn't crack a mention, dudded by his own team.
Amazing that Martin still got close.

Reply #578381 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Bit late to say it now, but I had a feeling Lisch would take the gong.
So did a lot of people. What do you want, a sticker?

I don't understand the "voting system" for the All-NBL teams. "3 outside and 2 inside" WTF does that mean? Did they make that up just so they could have Chris Flopping alongside Lisch?
It's been the system for at least five years. I don't know what the criteria has been over the course of the NBL's existence, it may have been something else at some point in time before that, but it's been like this for ages.

It's not like the five positions aren't completely arbitrary, and they're getting all the more meaningless by the year. I mean, you say the first team has three shooting guards, with Randle also playing a bit of point, I'd call Randle a point and Lisch a combo. Perth made it through almost the entirety of the 90s without a center.

What's wrong with the old system of picking one player per position?
Well, for starters, there's no reason to believe that is the old system and it's not that easy to differentiate between positions.

Even the NBA goes with two guards, two forwards and a center AFAIK.

Reply #578387 | Report this post

Good to see they got it right, and didn't give it to a one dimensional player. A more than deserving winner. Plays the game at both ends at a high level. Can't say i've seen him spit the dummy on the court either. Just get's on with the game and does what is needed for his team.

Regardless of how they do the votes they got it right this year.

Reply #578390 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Best 6th Man Award... had my doubts on the credibility of this one when Anstey won it.
Stephen Black and Stephen Hoare always my favourites. An import winning is a rarity I thought but 40% of the list.

Reply #578412 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:25 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754