Shaggy
Years ago

Boomers pre-oympic games

Just wanted to know if the Boomers pre-olympic games will be televised back in OZ.

I understand they have exhibition games against Lithuania and Argentina (around 20 July?), and then 3 games again in Sao Paulo exhibition tournament around 26th July before the Olympics tip off.

Topic #39641 | Report this topic

Aussie  
Years ago

Perhaps email BA and ask them?

Reply #591818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard they won't be, or that Fox Sports have no plans to at this stage.

Reply #591821 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Perhaps livebasketball.tv? I'm wondering if they will stream actual Olympics basketball too. Although their website has so little information about schedules as usual.

Reply #591822 | Report this post

Shaggy  
Years ago

I used my best friend Google and looks like there are some games listed on the sofascore website under Basketball > International > International Friendly Games (week 6)

Anyway, when you click on one of the Boomers games it sends you to a link at bet365 indicating they will show the games live.

Based on that schedule of International friendly games, the 3 Boomers games listed are as follows (in AEST):-

Boomers vs Lithuania- 26 July 2016 - 07:00
Boomers vs Brazil - 29 July 2016 - 09:00
Boomers vs Lithuania- 31 July 2016 - 01:00

I thought there was going to be more but let's see.

Reply #591823 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Here is the full wrap on the Boomers plus an update on being able to watch the exhibition games live and during the Olympics:

http://pickandroll.com.au/boomers-head-argentina-final-olympic-preparations/

Reply #591850 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Given the time differences between Buenos Aires / Sao Paulo / Rio, we can expected exhibition game times to start from somewhere between 7am and 9am AEST.

Reply #591866 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

What will we be able to take from these warm up games? Will they be playing to win, trying out some sets, or actually hiding their most effective play styles as to keep scouts guessing?

Reply #591868 | Report this post

Shaggy  
Years ago

I say getting use to each other and putting moves together but definetly playing to win. The team has only had 2 outings together where the others have had a lot more games to gel. They desperately need these games and the confidence wins will give them.

Reply #591872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm currently living in the UK and I just read that channel 7 will be broadcasting the olympics on their website and app 'Olympics on 7'. Is this true and if so has anyone got the app? Can't seem to find it (and yes my itunes store is still set up as Australian).

Cheers

Reply #591879 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I believe the stream channel will have more options on it during the olympics as well. Here it is

https://7live.com.au/

Reply #591881 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I would suggest geo-restrictions will be in place for Australia only:

The Seven Network is Australia's exclusive Olympic broadcaster and online rights-holder for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.

From August 6-22, the gold medal chase on 7, 7TWO, and 7mate will showcase 900 hours of free-to-air Olympic action. Several Olympic favourites kick off at great times for Australian fans ­ including athletics at 9am AEST and swimming at 11am AEST.

Every sport and every event everywhere you go with 'Olympics on 7’

For the first time ever, Australians will not only be able to stream 7, 7TWO and 7mate on the go, but also access every sport, every event and every gold medal live. Seven’s dedicated website and app ‘Olympics on 7’ will bring viewers the most technologically advanced multi-platform coverage this sports-loving country has ever seen.

Reply #591890 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Assuming we probably finish 4th in our group we might have a slightly better chance against Spain assuming they finish 1st now that Marc Gasol has pulled out.

Reply #591921 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Opals vs Team USA, along with all USA men's and women's exhibition games, will be broadcast live on NBA TV.

Opals on their way to the USA ahead of Rio

Reply #591926 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I choose to be more optimistic than that. I think 4th would be a bit of a failure for Australia in this group. It would mean we could not knock off a single power in the first stage. We tend to always pull at least 1 upset, and I expect that trend to continue.

Serbia is not the team it was at the World Cup. They've lost a few of their veterans and are now a rebuilding program. They have some speed but they do not have the size we have. If we have Bogut, we are probably the better team on paper.

France has all the names it needs but they've been underwhelming in recent play. After watching their qualifying games, I can say they were no more impressive than the Boomers were against the PAC 12. They were lucky to even beat the Philippines. With Gobert they will be tough, but don't get awestruck by their NBA credentials.

Serbia and France are our first two games, and Australia are traditionally slow starters at the Olympics. But with a slightly longer preparation period than we usually have (8 games) hopefully we hit the ground running.

I am hopeful of a 2nd or 3rd placing in the group and a cross over game against Lithuania or Argentina - both entirely winnable but not easy.

Reply #591928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I used my best friend Google"

lol

Reply #592025 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Boomers vs Lithuania, 7am AEST on Tuesday morning.

Expecting live stats to be available, not sure of a live stream yet.

Reply #592169 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

There are multiple YouTube streams. Here's one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0hitU-8O4w

Reply #592172 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I doubt any of those YT streams actually work...but I hope to be proven wrong.

Reply #592225 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754