Hoggy Time
Years ago

Can I make it into in the NBL

Hoggy is the name, shooting 3's is my game.

I haven't got the hops or athleticism of some but I have been experimenting and realised I am a gun from 3 point land. I don't have bball experience but there has got to be a spot maybe somewhere in Australia or NZ even.

Most professionals only shoot .400 or so even stephen curry can't be hitting much over 50%

I'm aiming to be a 3 pointer specalist.

Topic #39961 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

probably, but you'd have to buy a ticket to the game and sit amongst the rest of us peasants.

Reply #599424 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

LMFAO

Reply #599425 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Seriously though, I have met a couple of NBL coaches and if you can give me your current 3 point% I will do my very best to try and get you looked at.

Can't see why there wouldn't be a place in Australasia for another 3 point gun...

Reply #599426 | Report this post

Hoggy Time  
Years ago

Kickert only hits 47% of his treys and he is considered a great three point shooter, I would just be stationed on the three point line and take out a defender. No I can't play D but neither can james harden LOL.

Reply #599428 | Report this post

Hoggy Time  
Years ago

I shot 80% on threes the other day 24/30.

Reply #599429 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

What year are you in at school lol

Reply #599430 | Report this post

_Strungout_  
Years ago

What is your height, age and weight?

Post a youtube clip of yourself making 3s in your backyard. A lot of coaches in Australia and NZ check this forum so you will likely be seen.

Reply #599431 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Well, your 3 point% appears vastly superior to your presumed IQ there Hoggy ol' mate, that's a great start.

:)

Reply #599433 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Not sure how much demand there is in the three-and-no-D category

Reply #599434 | Report this post

KBRulzRulz  
Years ago

I imagine any 3 and no D players would be better suited to the WNBL

Reply #599442 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Hoggy- Do you shoot at the big ring or the U10 ring?
Any idea what size ball you use for shooting?

Reply #599443 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

I can generally make 30 from 30 from inside the paint, which is a better FG% than most centres currently playing NBL. The % does drop slightly when there is defence though.

Reply #599447 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I once hit 14 threes on 2K17

Reply #599450 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnything is possssssssible..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcz_kDCBTBk

Reply #599453 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Chase that dream Hoggy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs

Reply #599458 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

As great as you are man
you'll never be greater than yourself.

Reply #599461 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? Hoggytime are you saying you hit 80% of 3s on an empty court? if so that is NOTHING. Nik Stauskas drains 3s in warmup like some shooting robot he CANNOT hit them with defence and the crowd yelling. what you do in practice is NOT mean you can shoot 80% in a game.

If you can hoot 80% in a game then yes you can play NBL and even NBA and I will acknowledge you as the BEST shooter the game has ever known.

But it is WAY too small a sample size. 30 shots come on man. Try 3000 to see where you are at.

Reply #599463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KBrulzrulz is a sexist pig.

Reply #599466 | Report this post

Hoggy Time  
Years ago

Lot of keyboard warrior derricks in here. Pipe down

Just waiting for my boy to get a video camera then I'll lay down a mixtape. See whose running their mouth then

Reply #599479 | Report this post

KBRulzRulz  
Years ago

Anon. Did you just assume my species???

Reply #599482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't wait for that tape Hoggy. One of the funnier threads I have read. The fact you are pursuing this in a partially serious way makes it so much more enjoyable too.

Reply #599483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#599466 that is an insult to the swine family.

Reply #599485 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

At 36ers training , I saw average NBL shooters , e.g.
Carter , Herbert, Chappelle , Teys etc shoot 30 odd threepointers before missing one , and Ng 50.
Of the 30 odd and the 50 , one touched the ring on it's way in.

Reply #599486 | Report this post

_Strungout_  
Years ago

Where is Hoggy?

Reply #599568 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Work exclusively on 3 point shots and I guarantee you go nowhere. There is another 98% of the game you have ignored fool

Reply #599889 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

Is Hoggy Time the newest name for Clint Dogg?

Reply #599926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hoggy clearly has either skills or a sense of humour and therefore is not Clint. Hoggy to my knowledge also didn't recently get his heart broken and then cry about it all over facebook for the last 2 months. Plus if Hoggy was Clint, all those half priced DJ gigs would not leave him nearly enough time to have his perimeter jumpshot dropping so sweetly. So all the above evidence makes me think it's 2 very different people.

Reply #599934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you are wannabe desperate to be in the NBL just apply for one of those NBL match day manager positions going around.

Reply #600610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a 30 for 30 on Hoggy Time?

Reply #759540 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:09 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754