40th Street Black
Years ago

Fun with Rookies

Rookies always get jokes played on them. Carrying bags etc

I loved it when a rookie was on the bench(always at the end of the bench of course).
The rookie would be all wide eyed and full of beans.

At the right time I would say quickly "the coach said your in", and the young fella would jump up, strip off his track suit and warm up top then kneel next to the coach waiting for instructions.
The coach would look at the kid and say "what the $%#@ are you doing??"
Priceless

Topic #4166 | Report this topic

Hangin Round  
Years ago

You cruel prick. The rookie had 1 advantage over you though- he got the coach to notice him while you were still on the bench

Reply #48482 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

GOLD

Reply #48490 | Report this post

Years ago

Once while playing at Uni games we had this guy in our team that no one liked. When he got drunk we shaved A.N.U (who were our rival uni at the time)in the back of his head. It took him 3 games and many pay outs later to work out what was going on.

Reply #48507 | Report this post

40th Street Black  
Years ago

I doubt you've played much senior basketball Hanging Around.

I can recall Michael Jordan ripping Penny Hardaway's pants off as he was introduced to billions in his first all-star game(he was a ROOKIE).

I guess Michael Jordan was a cruel prick too, gee nice company.

Go back to knitting ya pussy.

Reply #48541 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

I've played enough to know a 'tongue in cheek' comment and not bite. You seem to know about knitting- did you learn it on the bench as the rookies slowly replaced you?
Michael Jordan said that you were good company for him also

Reply #48564 | Report this post

>Guess.Who<  
Years ago

hahahahaha! :P

Reply #48595 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

its part of the game, you have to teach the rookies. you gotta cain em all season.

Reply #48610 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:39 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754