(5) Caps @ (4) Rip

(7) Gold Coast @ (2) Townsville

** WOMEN **

Saturday
(7) Mackay @ (2) Ipswich

(5) Phoenix @ (4) Spartans

(8) Seahawks @ (1) Townsville

(6) Rocky @ (3) South West

Obvously there are several predictions for winners & losers. For mine it's all the home teams in the mens' comp. Haven't followed the women as much but congrats to Seahawks in their infancy.

And as for Phoenix, great that, as their mens' team gradually disintegrated (dis-intergrated, literally), the lady Phoenix stuck to their own successful agenda.

Topic #43740 | Report this topic

robt  
Years ago

BTW. Really would like to read more re QBL on this site. Apart from the dickhead comments (yeah, they're everywhere, aren't they?) great to read all the "fresh" oppinions on here (and then I cpould write less too, yippee!).

Reply #700282 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

Cairns v Logan should be interesting, with a Taipan on each team. Mitch Young v Kuany Kuany.

The European connection of Krislovic and Jurlina is causing headaches, and with Fish coming back into form at just the right time, well, who knows?

If it all goes pear-shaped for the Marlins, that will be the end for Matt Smith who, as he said in a recent interview, has clothes older than some of his team-mates :) When the Marlins bow out (at whatever stage) he can go back to his job as a comedian...

Hard to go past Townsville to come away with all the bikkies, though. Smart coach, smart team play, well supported. (Can't believe I said all that, Rod!)

Reply #700289 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

:)

Reply #700293 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Cairns-Logan is also being live-streamed I believe.

On one hand I hope that the Marlins win, but I'd also be happy with a Logan win and see Mitch Young absolutely monster the Marlins. If he has a few more 40-pt games it bodes very well for his season ahead with the Taipans. I'll also have to go back and eat some humble pie given how much I've slagged him off over the last few years.

Reply #700331 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Nothing But Net will be livestreaming a game or two as well.

Reply #700388 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Marlins with the upset W!

just so I can plan my remaining weekends in August, by my reckoning the only way the Marlins get a home game again this final series is if they beat Mackay in Mackay AND Brisbane beat Townsville in Townsville, correct?

Reply #700551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jurlina with 32 and 5a for cairns. Sydney dp last season North Sydney junior only to make way for more Melbourne ring inns at the kings.

Reply #700582 | Report this post

Slopernator  
Years ago

Great game by Cairns but fantastic atmosphere and game production by the Thunder. Deserve credit for how they've engaged their local association and community.

Reply #700612 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:35 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754