Manu Fieldel
Years ago

NBL game presentation

Watching these first couple games, I'm psyched with how the product looks on TV, and heaven forbid... the jerseys look great. Maybe it's a combination of not having seen NBL on over 6 months or what, but I dig it.

But why are the burgers better at Hungry Jacks? And how do we settle the crying baby on the First Ever ad? Does he need to be burped?

Topic #44021 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely need to break it up with some chemist warehouse ads

Looks good to me too but I'd like the camera zoomed in just a little more on this game

Reply #707655 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Overall it looks good but how hard can it be to get the game and shot clock with the score banner on the bottom of screen? Seems a basic but vital piece of information missing

Reply #707661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I assume technical issues because not wanting it there is unthinkable

Reply #707666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL has a long history with score graphics failure. Never change NBL, never change.

Reply #707678 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Seems they have fixed the issue and both clocks are now on the banner.

Reply #707715 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

A three and a charge taken. Teys is my man

Reply #707718 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Fix the scoreboard please. What's with the reset all the time.

Reply #707721 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Chargefest.

Reply #707739 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

Pre-game interviews with players were really nice, still disappointing that they had problems with the score card considering it is 2018..

Am I the only one that thought the NBL missed a big opportunity in trying to convince Nine to broadcast a Friday or Saturday night game as a primetime game with interviews etc all before the game, something like game of the round?

Reply #707756 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

How do you know they didn't?

Reply #707763 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

You would presume Nine wanted the 2:30 game on a Saturday, don't see why the NBL would be pushing for that 2:30 sat game especially on a secondary channel like GO

Reply #707775 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

...exactly?

Reply #707781 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Yeah I feel the camera was zoomed out too far, and in doing so you miss a lot of nuance. The NBL coverage should be trying to give you the view of the best seats of the house, not the ones out the very back.

And can we PLEASE for the LOVE OF GOD get Abby Gelmi or Neroli Meadows back? That predator-looking thing in a dress was so offputting, asking things like "would it be expected that Daniel Johnson would be leading scoring right now?" (err, if you knew the first thing about NBL basketball, the answer is a very obvious YES), and then her calling it a brilliant game, obviously because she has never seen an NBL game before to know that tonight's game was fiercely substandard. And then there was the strange anuerysm she had when she just stared blankly at the screen for what seemed like an eternity before fumbling to whatever daft point she was going to make. I hate to be cruel, but just move her on, can you?

The courts also need more color, especially in the keys. And something that actually lets the average viewer know whose homecourt it is by looking at it. A 36ers logo should take pride of place above an NBL logo on their home floor.

I didn't see the pregame to judge that part.

Reply #707803 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The court design is a real weakness, they seem to make it worse every year.

Reply #707804 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Agree. The court designs seem to get worse every year. Why have the nbl logo inside the keyway? Since when was that a good idea?

Reply #707844 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

They've increased the sponsorship spots on court evidently. I suppose the more revenue the better for the NBL

Reply #707849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

here i was thinking the reason they called the keyway 'the paint' was because it was painted

Reply #707850 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Courts no longer have a 'home court feel' anymore. A continuation from previous seasons, every court design looks pretty much the same with league sponsors getting priority over local club sponsors for best exposure and very little livery of team colours exept for a thin bit of paint on the sidelines.

Dissapointing really.

Reply #707852 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

and please banish Carfino to the Foreign Legion..

and Heal off to business school

Reply #707884 | Report this post

My two cents about the TV production.

Please, someone with some authority fix this.

When you televise games in Adelaide, the rolling led screens completely hide the nets at either end when there is a light coloured background logo on the screens.
When the logo is dark blue or black, the net stands out. But when it's light, you can’t tell if the ball has even gone in the basket.
They need to move both ends led screens about 2 foot towards the halfway line.
Anyone think I’m tripping, go watch the replay and pay attention. It looks very in professional

Reply #707910 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

TV presentation and reffing. Two things the NBL can't seem to get right.

Reply #707914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and the website...

Reply #707915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and the amateur looking team logos and jerseys.

Reply #707922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not having the game clock and score on the broadcast is just unforgivable. It's not cute anymore NBL - you're demanding people take the league seriously. Act like it should be by getting basic things right.

Reply #707933 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:59 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754