Anonymous
Years ago

Where will Bowen go in the draft?

Currently 41st on nbadraft.net Mock.

Reckon he'll move up or down come seasons end and into the draft?

Topic #44172 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon up, he's been really impressive so far and only going to improve

Reply #712350 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

up

Reply #712358 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Wow imagine if he cracks into the first round.

What a great advertisement that would be for NBL, sadly the Sydney Kings, but the NBL nonetheless.

Reply #712364 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Terrance Ferguson was selected in the first round. Bowen has already displayed way more than what Ferguson did.. I reckon first round pick 20-30

Reply #712375 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

As I said in another thread, if Bowen was on the OKC roster today, I think he'd start over Ferguson.

Reply #712377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bowen is two years older than Ferguson was when playing in the NBL. Their birthdays are 4 months apart. One of the most significant indicators of success for NBA draft prospects is age. Thus, Ferguson being picked in the first round.

Bowen may well get there, too, but the direct comparisons between him and Ferguson show a massive lack of understanding of the difference between 18- and 20-year-olds as prospects.

Reply #712383 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Bowen is 18 months older than Ferguson was in his NBL season. Ferguson was 18 years old in his first NBL game and Bowen 20. I'd expect Bowen to be doing better than Ferguson was, on that basis alone.

Reply #712394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good enough to be regarded more as a 3rd import, rather than a development type, as Ferguson was?

If so a big, free, leg up for the Kings.

Reply #712398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

20 is still young in draft age... Bowen is a better player, Ferguson is a better athlete but Bowen is more of a complete player. Ferguson has had over a year training with an NBA franchise. Paul George, Westbrook etc.. You're an idiot if you think Ferguson is a better player. If anything with the increased standard in the NBL it would be harder for Bowen but he is playing very well.

Reply #712402 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Bruce.

Reply #712408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At 20 Bowen is looking more "pro ready" than most 23 year old 4-year college imports.

Reply #712429 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bowen is looking really capable. Big jump from Ferguson who didn't contribute much and played a really passive style. Looks like he hasn't changed that much with OKC - 3 PPG as a starter. 8% 3P and 50% FT so far this season.

Reply #712438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think thybulle at pick 55 has Aussie citizenship. Could be interesting. Lived here as a kid or something..

Reply #712440 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Yeah, I look forward to NBA commentators recognising the NBL as they do with rookies' colleges, viz; "the rebound/pass/shot came from Bowen out of the Australian NBL" (instead of "out of Oklahoma/Ole Miss/UCLA" etc). Ferguson already got a bit of that. All helps!

Reply #712441 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Thunder just exercised their option on Ferguson.

I suspect that if he doesn't show enough development by the end of that year (which would be the end of his YEAR 3), he may be unemployed and looking for a new team.

Reply #712605 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:57 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754