Foodie
Years ago

Question re food into Sixers home games

Hi all,

With the new stricter security policy this season can anyone please inform if security personal have allowed home made food into the arena this season?

We in the past have bought our own healthy options on Friday night games coming straight from work as we won't eat the junk food they sell at the arena.

Anyone that can help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Foodie

Topic #44347 | Report this topic

Daddy J  
Years ago

I've never had issues with home made food / snacks. I think they target the fast food such as Maccas or KFC brought in. I was told once to finish eating my KFC nuggets before coming in.

Sealed (plastic) bottles of water and / or soft drink are ok as well.

Reply #718201 | Report this post

Foodie  
Years ago

Thanks Daddy J, have you bought in food this current season? I ask for clarification as we have been told we are not allowed to bring in sealed water this season at all.

Previous seasons not a problem re water and food, water no good this season and wanted to try food tonight.

Reply #718219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From the game day guide on the 36ers website:

"Commercial food is prohibited inside Titanium Security Arena and patrons found to be in possession of foods deemed commercial will have it confiscated by authorised arena staff. Commercial food includes takeaway items such as McDonalds, KFC, Dominos pizza, Subway etc. Home-made food is allowed, as well as snacks like fruit, lollies, chips etc.

Sealed bottles are allowed to be taking inside the venue, however open bottles including water bottles will need to be emptied before entering Titanium Security Arena. There will be hydration stations inside the venue to refill bottles if required."

Reply #718221 | Report this post

Foodie  
Years ago

Thanks Anon, I have read that previously as well but wanted to know if anyone had any experience getting home made food in this season specifically.

As I stated above despite what is written in that policy security has denied sealed water.

Reply #718222 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Home cooking is only allowed at Perth Arena.

Reply #718225 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Just remember, no Sausage Rolls

Reply #718254 | Report this post

Daddy J  
Years ago

I've definitely brought food in this season, most games in fact. I have a ham and salad roll ready for tonight...yum...

Reply #718255 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Why is this the case for home made food?

The correlation between food and poor spectator behaviour involves "stadium food", egs in recent seasons being beer and whatever junk a player's wife threw.

Reply #718265 | Report this post

Foodie  
Years ago

Thanks Daddy J. Will see how we go tonight then.

Reply #718273 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Print out the guide from the website and take it with you. If some security jabronie wants to contravene that after you've shown it to them then demand to see management and continue to demand it until it happens. Don't be bullied when you know you're in the right

Reply #718275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell them you're hungry and don't have cash on you, only EFTPOS

Reply #718294 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Back in old days, when we had games at a proper time,
I would take a couple of paper-towels and a plastic bag, and get Subway to wrap my footlong in that.

Reply #718542 | Report this post

Back in the old days when we had games at a proper time we'd go to a nearby pub or restaurant on the way and have a proper meal with the family.

Last couple of seasons we'd bring Subway, but towards the end last year we started getting stopped. This season we can't even bring in drink bottles for the kids unless they're empty, and there are only a couple of water refill stations inside, so it's a right pain the arse. If that's what is required for security, fine, but give people more places to get water.

Reply #719490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Security is always annoying... until something happens and it saves lives. People complain, but god forbid if something should happen it is the same people who complain that more should have been done to prevent it from happening in the first place.

Not directed towards anyone at all, and I do understand the inconvenience but I also understand why. Certain groups have ruined it for all of us, and it is just the way it is now.

Reply #719496 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

Why is food or drink in commercial livery more dangerous than 'clean skin' tucker or drink?

Anyone else feel there might be a commercial, rather than a security, driver in play here?

Reply #719507 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not directed towards anyone at all, and I do understand the inconvenience but I also understand why. Certain groups have ruined it for all of us, and it is just the way it is now.
Are you sure the certain groups aren't the food and beverage providers within stadiums? ;)

If you honestly think it's about security, why can you bring in home made food and not something from a commercial establishment?

Reply #719508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Anyone else feel there might be a commercial, rather than a security, driver in play here?"

You can't be suggesting something as crazy as the stadium wanting people buying food at the stadium, could you?

Reply #719535 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I'm not sure why allowing home made food is the giveaway here; that hurts stadium food sales just as much as does commercial food. RAC Arena doesn't allow any food of any kind.

Frankly all these rules seem more like stadiums trying to make money from food sales and avoid liability from some litigious prick who gets poked in the eye with a flag or whatever else, rather than being about actual security.

Reply #719536 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

"“Anyone else feel there might be a commercial, rather than a security, driver in play here?"

You can't be suggesting something as crazy as the stadium wanting people buying food at the stadium, could you?"

Does the stadium run its own catering?

Or is it a contract arrangement with Spotless or similar?

If it's a contract arrangement, when is it up for renewal?

To an outside observer it seems like the caterers have put pressure on stadium owners to try to increase their sales.

Reply #719540 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm not sure why allowing home made food is the giveaway here; that hurts stadium food sales just as much as does commercial food. RAC Arena doesn't allow any food of any kind.
Home made food gives them a response to "but my diet" or "but my coeliac daughter". They know that the people stopping for Subway on the way won't have had the time or interest to pre-make at home.

Reply #719547 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

You'd need an actual medical certificate to try that argument at RAC Arena.

Reply #719548 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Although not permitted in the stands there's plenty of home cooking on the court at RAC Arena.

Reply #719577 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:45 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754