Point Guard Ramone Moore

I had massive concerns with DeLeon cut that we would be stuck with 30 minutes of Sobey as PG and have turnover city, hero ball and no offence but Joey has put the rock in Moore's hands and I'm liking what I'm seeing.

9 assists, 0 turnovers and 2 steals is a pretty tidy performance tonight, sacrificing his offensive game for the better of the team! Had no idea he would be so serviceable and the Sixers look like a much more potent team now albeit the two wins have been against basket case. Conger has got off to a slow start but he will come good with more time with the group

Topic #44353 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice

Reply #718499 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I wouldn't be worried about Conger, if you remember questions got asked about Childress when he came back last season and how he would fit in and come playoff time he destroyed Perth

Reply #718508 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

It was a nice stat line to see from Moore. He certainly had a steadier hand than Sobey, whose ball-handling was found wanting against the Taipans guards. Hopefully he gets his scoring back on track soon too.

On a minor note, it was good to see Doyle set up and execute a few offensive plays. Why can't Sobey direct the offence that way more often? This team would be a lot more deadly if they consistently attacked their opponent's weak spots. The Sixers did do a better job of feeding Wiley last night, but they didn't attack Jawai enough by forcing him to guard DJ at the 3 point line.

I don't think its going to take Conger long. In the last 5 mins when he was on with the bench, he had a big impact: the corner three and 1, pressuring shots on D, a couple of big rebounds. I think he almost doubled his points total in that stretch!

It was great to see Drmic getting and making good looks from three last night too. That is exactly what the Sixers need from him!

Deng remains the real worry. He made some good contributions near the end, but he's got zero confidence in his shot right now. Sixers need to make it simple for him - just get him some open catch and shoot threes. Once he makes a few of those, I think his confidence will return.

Reply #718515 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Looks like Froling's form is eating at Deng's minutes and as a result he is less confident . A few times he hesitated on shots he would normally throw up last season

Reply #718529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Deng's form is eating at Deng's minutes.

Reply #718536 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:16 pm, Thu 9 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754