Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers v Breakers Jan 4

Phew! After that game last night, there are 6 NBL teams that have lost a monkey off their back.

These teams last met 5 days ago. Instead of heading back to NZ, the Breakers have decided to stay in the Adelaide heat and take in the sights and sounds of Christchurch's sister city. We don't have an old codger dispensing wisdom in Rundle Mall, but we do have 11 wizards on the basketball court.

For those enjoying the coolness of summer on the east coast, spare a thought for those kiwi boys who have had to endure Adelaide's heat wave. It's been hotter than your girlfriend's younger sister here. Even a dip in a mud pool in Rotorua would be cooler.

Both these teams love the fast flowing transition game. A 200+ game was played a few days ago and I'm expecting something similar tonight. The Breakers also have a more physical play style than other NBL teams. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the refs in NZ tend to let a lot of stuff go and so when the Breakers bring their prison style street ball play to other stadiums, they tend to foul more. Four Breakers fouled out last game, can they make it 5 this game?

There's plenty of reasons for either side to get this one, but when you have the "Bullet Train" wanting to run you down there's a lot of motivation to run faster.

Sixers by about 4.

Topic #44564 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide will win this and 5 more after this giving them 15 wins total.
I predict Brisbane will get 7 more wins giving them 16 wins total.

Reply #725753 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I forgot to mention what the Breakers have been doing over the last 5 days. A Scotty Ninnis wine tour is out of the question, so I guess they have been sitting in their hotel room watching all the permutations of Bandersnatch.

Reply #725767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5 days stuck in Adelaide... how boring.

Reply #725770 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

so anon, if I was stuck in your city for 5 days, what attractions do you have?

Reply #725771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not the anon above but not being in Adelaide would be the main attraction.

Reply #725772 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Sixers should get this one by 10.

Reply #725774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most boring city in Australia, other than Canberra... but but but they have churches and a tram.

Back to the game... Sixers on a roll... should win.

NZ are the real winners..they get to leave that retirement village.

Reply #725775 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Adelaide ain't that bad! Fishing, Hahndorf, Henley Beach, Fringe Festival, mountains of red wine...could be a lot worse.

Reply #725779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide is a great place, it's only the brain dead that need every thing put out for them that bag the place, got good beaches as well.

Reply #725781 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I did wonder due to the short turnaround if they would stay here for the five days but though they would probably go back home to spend NYE with their families, a bit rough on the players that.

Hopefully they did the smart thing and spent the five days chilling at the beach.

Reply #725786 | Report this post

CB  
Years ago

Not that it helps them but I quite enjoyed the Adelaide nightlife the couple of times I've been.

Reply #725787 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I'm a big fan of the discotheque.

Reply #725789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like the Adelaide McDonald's.

Reply #725814 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Hopefully they did the smart thing and spent the five days chilling at the beach.""

Hope they weren't playing with the rays swimming next to shore at Seacliff the other day! They were a decent size and I reckon the rescue helicopter was chasing a large one off.

Reply #725819 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I feel a cheeky lil Breakers win tonight

Reply #725825 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Breakers have come out focused. They might get a win but Adelaide usually finish stronger than they start.

Reply #725841 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

That Homicide rant about Bullets. Love it.

Reply #725843 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Only Adelaide can make the Breakers look like the Warriors on offense.

Reply #725848 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

"I feel a cheeky lil Breakers win tonight" ¬ Manu

Phew.

We just won thanks to chromosomal natural selection.

Reply #725850 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Breakers finally get going offensively only to waste it away with porous defence.

Reply #725856 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I haven't seen the "Triple M rocks "-style marketing since 1998 but it still exists on an advertising board in Adelaide.

Reply #725857 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Foul count comparisons showing Perth Differential Home and Away.

Hoops.com.au Gold!!!

Reply #725858 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Froling always looks on the verge of a tech foul.

Reply #725861 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Long is a beast in this game!!

Reply #725862 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

Love reading Perth fans get progressively more terrified as Adelaide rises.

Reply #725864 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

"I haven't seen the "Triple M rocks "-style marketing since 1998 but it still exists on an advertising board in Adelaide."

Not as good as the SAFM ads.

Reply #725865 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

"Play with a frown on your face"

Let's go.

Reply #725866 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

@UTA it was PMFM in Perth.

Reply #725869 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

Wish we'd adopt Perth's grass roots program. Wildcats got that right and it's been paying off for years.

Reply #725871 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Isn't there a joke about AM radios in the PM?

Reply #725873 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

NZ have missed a ton of open looks and sitters and that's really been the difference so far. Neither team playing anything resembling decent defense.

Reply #725874 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Breakers looking shaky against that half court trap

Reply #725876 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Pete? Apart from Hire all the Wildcats players are from interstate.

Reply #725877 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

HT ADL 49-41 NZB

Reply #725879 | Report this post

Brisbaneworld  
Years ago

What about Jervis and Vague?

Reply #725883 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

Perthworld

I meant the schools program. Met with the previous Sixers GM for a bit and he always envied how Perth approached schools and grass roots programs.

Reply #725885 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Little High 5 from Harry Froling to Ken Cole. Nice!!!

Reply #725888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wrong again Perthworld Vague and Jervis are both from WA.

Reply #725889 | Report this post

Brisbaneworld  
Years ago

Why was that Nice!!!

Reply #725890 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

If you were AdelaideWorld you would know.

Reply #725893 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Froling very impressive 1st half. Great luxury for Joey to have 2 centres so gifted offensively in DJ and Harry. It's rare in the NBL to have your starting and backup centre being able to shoot the three so well.

Reply #725894 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

@Pete got you. Cairns also very good with schools from what I've seen online.

Reply #725895 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Yes Vague too as I forgot he is in the main squad now not a DP. Jervis from Kalgoorlie.

Reply #725898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

...Which is not interstate.

Reply #725900 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Grown man reference :D

Reply #725901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you going to pretend that you meant Jervis doesn't count because he isn't from Perth?

Reply #725903 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Fooling trying to settle Sobey. LOL

Reply #725905 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Sorry Froling. Totally unintentional

Reply #725906 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Terrible call on Sobey. Not an offensive foul.

Reply #725907 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Sobey understandably very pissed off about that offensive foul. Was clearly a rubbish call and stopped the Sixers momentum. I would be pissed too if I was sobey considering he is regularly targeted by the refs for flopping and when weeks flops, he gets the call. Plays like that show further shouldn't be a flop rule as our nbl refs are clearly not good enough to tell the difference between what is and what isn’t a flop.

Reply #725909 | Report this post

Kevin Booth  
Years ago

does Homicide keep pronouncing "en route" as "enn route"?

Reply #725911 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Down 6 with 6 left - DOYLE TIME.

Reply #725913 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Nbl refs call the game by FIBA rules. Flopping is in FIBA rules

Reply #725914 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Oh my. Long is beasting Wiley.

Reply #725915 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Shaun Long might just will his team over the line

Reply #725916 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Probably time to bring back Sobey.

Reply #725917 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

I love how homocide calls out players, even the ones from New York

Reply #725918 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Wiley probably should've taken the opportunity to milk that contact and head to the changerooms with how badly he's been dominated tonight.

Reply #725919 | Report this post

CB  
Years ago

This isn't the first game Joey has sat sobes when it’s been a close loss. What’s he thinking?

Reply #725920 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Wow Conger has had a shocker.

Reply #725924 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Kind of regretting my decision to take Long out of my Fantasy team!

Reply #725925 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Froling probably should have played about 3x as many minutes tonight.

Reply #725928 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Breakers imports have significantly outplayed the Sixers imports. 20 point turnaround in the second half so far. Without Teys this game would have been over by now

Reply #725929 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Shea....................

Reply #725930 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Interesting that in the Adelaide huddle before free throws, Froling is doing the talking.

Reply #725931 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Getting interesting now.

Especially if NZ take too long in back half

Reply #725932 | Report this post

Duncan  
Years ago

I generally don't like the 'what was the coach doing' stuff but sitting Sobey so long and the lack of playing time for Moore... Objectively, his subs have been baffling. Teys was very good but man Conger was stinking

Reply #725933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done Teys. Buried us.

Reply #725934 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Long has been enormously impressive but he could have easily been called for several offensive fouls which may have changed the outcome of this game significantly.

Reply #725935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No call on Long. Ref out of position calls the reaching foul on Sobey.

NBL. See Bushleague.

Reply #725936 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Agree Duncan, I also feel that Drimic should have gotten a lot more time considering how much New Zealand have played zone and the poor games from Wiley and Conger.

Reply #725937 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Also I don't know how that long move cannot be a charge after that call on sobey earlier, pretty disgraceful reffing.

Reply #725938 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Curtains.. it's over

Reply #725939 | Report this post

CB  
Years ago

Reffing has been hard but as I said previously Adelaide has not been strategic. Can only complain about the things you can change.

Reply #725940 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Biggest problem for the Sixers have been the rotations more than the refs IMO.

Reply #725941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taste it sixer fans

Reply #725942 | Report this post

CB  
Years ago

That being said god sobey has been hard done by

Reply #725943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Teys is a spud playing dying minutes

Reply #725944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey leaving Sobey on the bench for as long as he did in the fourth was crucial. But credit to the Breakers, they were outstanding.

Reply #725945 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Tourism SA must have paid the refs to ensure NZ won, to encourage more teams to stay in Adelaide for extended time.

Can't have been that the team that played better, got the win.

Reply #725946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only better thing to see other than the 6'ers lose is the Wildcats losing. Great night.

Reply #725947 | Report this post

CB  
Years ago

Does Joey need to be careful with how he is limiting players thinking long term? Do you think benching players for what appears to be personal issues between coach and players will result in them looking to resign elsewhere?

Reply #725949 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Go breakers. Made big plays down the stretch. Richard came up big, along with Long and Webster. Wow where to now Sixers?,

Reply #725950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ played so much better. If they had only converted an average % of their putbacks they would have won by 15+.

That being said, the refs were quite inconsistent. But what else is new?

Reply #725951 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Count Tai Wesley as well.

Reply #725952 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Froling needed more minutes

Moore needed to be told to get other players involved - his hero ball in the last quater was embarasing

Deng was a liabilty that was exploited by breakers

Conger does not seem to have a role, is joey doing anything other than fitting players into pre-dertermined role - regardles of their fit ?

36ers run a zone offence that my u/14 coach ( legal in those days) would have laughed at.

Joey does not seem to have anything to offer the team in trespect of containing a centre like Long or Bogut, with Froling and DJ, he has the fexabilty and inteligence avaiablke to plan and implement almost anything.
Teys played well

platers worth paying tonight
Sobey, Froling, Teys and ?
DJ made a great effort but just did not have an impact

Moore, conger and Wiley were just totally neutralised, and there seemed that there was no plan B for how to get them to be productive.

JMHO

Reply #725954 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

The best most enjoyable auduble for me was NZ coach telling ili that "he is smarter than that" when subbing him off after the backcourt violation -----when almost every player in the NBL knows he's actualluy not - which is why it happened :)

Reply #725955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least you guys got hungry jacks

Reply #725956 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

"Teys is a spud playing dying minutes"
How long would a compilation of his cheap shots run for?

Reply #725957 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Disappointing for Sixers fans. Lots of opportunity, but the Long arms of the Breakers were too good

Reply #725958 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Conger has had minimal impact with the club. Agree that he doesn't seem to have much of a role. Feels like he gets the start because on paper he should be able to outperform Drmic, even if he actually won't.

Froling was great in the bits I saw. Teys solid too.

DJ's key thing is offence yet he only had 7 shots. So what was he out there for?

Long and Wesley put on a show. Long's game was one of the best by any player this season. 28 and 18 with 3 blocks is huge.

But near the end, Adelaide were down abut 5 despite Richard going 6/6 3P. On one hand, you can lose worse than that, but on the other, any result like this against another team vying for that fourth play-off spot is critical.

Reply #725961 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Sixers got outplayed and outsmarted. Long played the game of his life and Richard being 100% (6/6) from behind the arc was awesome shooting.

NZ were the better team and this game highlights why they have been so frustrating this season.

Reply #725965 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

This was a wasted opportunity as Brisbane lost to Cairns. Hopefully United take care of Bullets.

Reply #725968 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Howdy Pete, what did you think of that one mate?

I'm happy with that result

Reply #725971 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Joey was out coached and our players out played.

Conger would have to be the most expensive and overrated import in the league. He had too many minutes and Drmic not enough.

Moore has been a shadow of his old self...disappointed we are stuck with him next season to be honest. Over dribbles the ball, poor shot selection and a streaky shot at best. I'm not really sure what he offers?

Deng is hit or miss but is easily backed down and abused. Another liability if he isn't contributing offensively.

DJ needs to be smarter. Can shoot the 3 so should have tried to nail some and draw Long or Wesley out of the paint.

Doyle...should never play. How he is on a professional basketball team is beyond me.

Wiley was out hustled tonight, that's where his game gets going and he didn't bring it. Looked to be a little hampered by a corked thigh or something.

Adelaide looked flat all game and it was obvious NZ wanted it more. They made the adjustments and corrections they needed to from 5 days ago and the Sixers had no answers.

And, how do the Breakers get away with not 1 but 2 cross courts violations???

1 of those umpires is an absolute Muppet week in, week out....like Doyle, has no right being a professional.

Reply #725972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best part about this humiliating loss is that the Sixers are still stuck with Joey for a few more years. Unless he's off to the NBA (cough) and I am pretty sure that Brooks will be worse than Joey. Enjoy.

Reply #725973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Conger doesn't fit into this team. As previously stated, doesn’t have a defined role. Got the wrong player and can’t get out of it. What a waste. Could have got a genuine shooter.
Wiley doesn’t really fit either.
Froling better than DJ. Defence is superior.
6ers just look out of sync. Just a bunch of basketballers out playing pick up. Anyone can shoot whenever they feel like it. Stop them running and they have nothing to go to. They should watch the Lightning play, would learn a lot about team basketball and sharing the ball..
Breakers were really good though. Long was very good as was Wesley.

Reply #725976 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Adelaide = LOL

Reply #725977 | Report this post

What if  
Years ago

Isaac, Drmic will play more time when his body is fully ok again. Just look at the way he is moving at the moment and for sure he is not 100% but still trying his best.

Reply #725979 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

still school holidays ?

Reply #725980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Conger would slot in nicely at the wildcats

Reply #725981 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Where is young larkins. Kids brings enthusiasm to bench. Team seems dysfunctional. When tough not enough get going. Frustrating for Joey.teys is giving good minutes.

Reply #725983 | Report this post

Dione 31  
Years ago

School holidays...nahh just grumpy old men doing their stuff

Reply #725984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Conger would not fit in nicely at Perth

Reply #725987 | Report this post

Violet Crumble  
Years ago

Despite the massive games from Long and The Grown Man (yet Adelaide still winning the rebounding count), the difference in the end was the three point shooting (particularly Richard). Pretty much a role reversal from a week before, where NZ were atrocious. It helped that in the 2nd half NZ limited the 6ers transition and forced them into tough half court sets, which is usually where Adelaide have problems and let other teams scratch their way back in. Big win for the Breakers.

Reply #725988 | Report this post

NotJoeyWright  
Years ago

Why did we have Moore, Wiley and Conger out there tonight against that zone in the 2nd half... need quality shooters not people chucking contested midrange and unable to space the floor. There any chance of playing DJ and Froling at the 4 wouldn't mind seeing that more.

Reply #725991 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

That a really enjoyable game... great seeing a centre completely dominate a game but did DJ even play ?

Wiley playing injured with a bruised pride after today's game

Wesley was sensational as well

Majok Majok won't be getting any career progression in a Breakers uniform.

If it wasn't for Sobey and Teys then 36ers should have lost by 20 as they absolutely sucked today.

Breakers vs Wildcats is a massive game on Sunday now

Reply #725994 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Did Adelaide struggle against the zone? That's a shock

Reply #725996 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Richard hits 6/6 3pt shots. That was difference. Anytime someone does that you will win. Most of them were at crucial times in the game. Commentator mentioned he was 0/6 last week. Shooting approx 35% from 3 for the season. Sixers shot less than 30% from 3 and took over 30 shots. They either drove into trouble under the basket or there up bricks. A very poor team game. Conger was woeful. Had a huge open look from 3 and was lucky to hit front of rim.

Reply #726002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers $1.68 Wildcats $2.20. Better bump that Perth thread again ;)

Reply #726003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does a professional team and coach struggle against a zone for so long. Looking at their ratings in synergy last year and could see they were last in the league against a zone d. United played a lot of zone in the gf series I'm sure?

These coaches have all of the access to synergy etc, time to work and implement. Yet still run an u12 offence against a zone. Watching last night when breakers came out in a zone in the second half , knew breakers were a massive chance.

Reply #726004 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

It really is surprising how just about all NBL teams struggle against a zone considering how frequently teams are playing zone defenses these days.

Reply #726006 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Their struggles against the zone are something I will be watching intently going forward.

Did New Zealand by chance 'red' (full-court trapping press) much last night?

Reply #726009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide to miss playoffs.
Clearly not as good as last year.

Reply #726013 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

That was a great game to watch.
Joey didn't coach well, his body language towards his players near games end was odd, the team seems to take on his persona when things get tough...
NZ has huge potential and that was a good win for the league, exciting stuff to come.
The refs and their interpretation of the charge rule......FFS

Reply #726020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People tend to only notice the zone when a team is struggling against it. Plenty of times teams execute well against the zone and it disappears quickly.

Reply #726032 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Was at the game last night. Can anyone clarify if Wiley sort of subbed himself on towards end of 4th. He was waiting for a sub, then when ref signalled subs, he raced on and went straight to other end of court to give instructions to players. Joey then saw Wiley on and look surprised and quickly pulled someone off, after which Joey looked bewildered at what had just happened but it was too late to rectify.

Reply #726036 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

The block/charge/flop call has become a real problem. Been going to games for 20 years and seems like this current crop of refs have no idea what to call and make different decisions for the same call. One minute they call flops and then they call charges. And then all they know how to do is call techs to rectify when players get frustrated. Last night they made so many calls which were in complete contradiction to each other. Bad defence and flopping is rewarding massively by the refs, hence players drop like flies. 50/50 calls seem to be going defenders way too often with refs just reacting and guessing. Last night Teys tried to draw a charge, two refs blew the whistle, one was going to signal for a flop while the other called a charge. If the refs are this far apart on the call how can their be any confidence in their decisions. It does have a massive impact as it frustrates the players, the refs put themselves under more pressure and we have patches in games where the refs lose complete control of everything and the game gets ugly. One problem is refs will only call a charge if a player flops as per.

Reply #726040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I can clarify - pretty sure Wiley just bolted on the court without communicating to Froling he was subbed out.

Sixers we're setting a full court press and Wiley entered the game, went straight to the front of the trap and tried to tell one of the other players to play Froling’s position in the trap - the player looked to that position and Froling was already occupying it so they stayed at the front.

So the Sixers had six on before the ball was inbounded and needed to make a sub. Froling was forced off the court (as he was the original sub and closest to the bench) and therefore no one was playing his playing the trap, making it ineffective. Looked to be a brain fade from Wiley, Joey looked super frustrated.

Reply #726041 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

I noticed the commentators have also been silenced a bit in regards to the charge/flop/block calls.
Refs please note - unless it is 100 percent a charge (yes folks 100percent)then it is always a block/flop, its not that difficult....

Reply #726043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree that the charge, block calls are very tough to call as is the flop, the refs should watch the defenders feet as imo you have to give the offensive player time to move into space, ie defender must have feet set not have one in the air just getting there, very good defender gets there but most times they don't. If in doubt it’s a block.

Wiley looked injured last night.

Reply #726045 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

Why the focus on Wiley? DJ was the issue last night - so much so that Joey sat him for much of the first half and mid-way through the last quarter he had contributed just 6 points, I think it was. Could have been ill/injured - certainly played like it - but if so we haven't been told about it.

Needs to be reminded that he is 7' tall, more or less', and so can safely turn and shoot a mid-range jumper over most defenders in this league. At the moment he can't see past that retreat shot that is both step-back and fade-away [usually two different things] and he is over-striding on the step-back so he is both off-balance and unable to drive back up though the shot, which he needs to do if he is to even hit the ring.

And as for Doyle - there's a reason he is put out there. It's called control and ball distribution/team work. Moore and Sobey are all too often all about Moore and Sobey; in other words, once the ball goes into their hands it doesn't come out unless they take a shot or lose possession. At least with Sobey that happens fairly swiftly, but Moore seems incapable of moving the ball up the court at tempo.

Reply #726109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ has to shoot those step backs as it's when defenders are forcing him so hard to his left that’s its the only way he can get a shot off without using his left hand.
It’s appalling his lack of a left hand. Has all of the skill, touch and feel to be a really successful big but just has never developed defensively or a left hand. Those two things alone could have seen him be successful overseas but he seems just happy being in the NBL

Reply #726113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Richard and Webster went for 35. I have always maintained we need to get 30 to 40 points out if the two position to win. They are had too many games of 3 to 10.

Reply #726134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Enjoy Adelaide, Joey will drag you down the gutter.

Reply #726160 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:24 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754