Whistleblower
Years ago

Runner-up medals

BASA has got one right at last.
These medals that were given to teams over this grand final week-end have been well overdue.
It certainly beats been given a piece of paper for all the efforts that goes into getting a team into the Grand Final and then lossing the game.

Topic #4475 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Runner up medals must be given so then it is up to the individual that receives them to decide whether they deserved a medal or not. They can then do what they like wiht it. From an outsiders point of view anyone that makes a grandfinal deserves something to show for it, but from experience i know that alot of people think "yeh but we didnt win so whats this really mean"

Reply #51960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would have been better if they had have had enough medals and trophies for each member of all teams.

Numerous coaches and teams managers didn't get a trophy becasue BASA didn't get enough for each team.

Reply #51964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the BLOCK of wood the Winners got was disgusting. Maybe the Winners could have got a Gold Medal and Runners up Silver. But the BLOCK of wood with the tags stuck on crooked. Come on BASA I know things a tough but don't the Juniors deserve something better or is that all you think of them?

Reply #51969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

obviously you dont have one because they arent made of wood

Reply #51970 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

They couldn't even remember to bring out the stands for the Grand Finals!! Under 12 Boys had to coach from the end of Court 2. What a disgrace. The reason? BASA forgot to set up the night before. They did it after the first Grand Final but their organising skills are terrible.

Reply #51971 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:41 pm, Mon 6 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754