joshuapending
Years ago

Wiley resigns

Good news.

Topic #44809 | Report this topic

Lovebroker  
Years ago

This is OK news to me. I think they can do better but of course I am not privy to details of remuneration.

If he came cheap then good signing.

Reply #733770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that resigns or re-signed?

Reply #733771 | Report this post

Justin  
Years ago

Resign or Re-sign?

Reply #733772 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

He has re-signed.

Back next year.

Reply #733773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I cant see Wiley going any were else

Reply #733774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its good to see imports staying

Reply #733775 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

My bad on the English front.

Reply #733776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon imports who stay 2 OR 3 years should get Aussie citizenship so they don't get cut after the first hand full of games

Reply #733777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I think they can do better but of course I am not privy to details of remuneration."
Another meaningless post.

Reply #733786 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I reckon imports who stay 2 OR 3 years should get Aussie citizenship so they don't get cut after the first hand full of games
That's not how either of those things works.

And yeah, the title had me wondering why a player would quit just before the final round of the season.

Reply #733787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the concerning part is he actually doesn't play that much. For example against United he played the first 5 and a half minutes of the 1st quarter and a total of 16 mins for the entire game and he wasn't in foul trouble. I fail to see the rationale of locking a guy in that you don't play very much. Seems a little weird.

Reply #733791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He makes some highlight reels but is he that good of a player?

Reply #733794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

looks like 36ers want to keep most of there squad, already having 6 players signed for next year

Reply #733795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Makes some highlights but not a star like Cotton, Randle, Trimble, Ware and Patterson. Should go after a stud point like Trimble and then go after a good multi dimension forward.

Reply #733796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very good signing for 36ers, don't think he is used enough, should be 25 minutes per game, has talent.

Reply #733797 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

I don't mind this signing. Obviously has great athleticism, runs the floor extremely well, has a nice little array of offensive moves and can shoot the three. Brings people to the stadium too. I also think Wiley has a lot of upside and will improve next season. He does need to work on his D though - too often he'll lose concentration leading to his man getting open.

It's pretty clear The Sixers need a guard that has point guard quality handles, can remain poised in the clutch and can shoot the three well. Someone like Casper Ware, Bryce Cotton or Jerome Randle!

Reply #733798 | Report this post

Wendy Byrd  
Years ago

Could become the next James Crawford

Reply #733799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*re-signs

"resigns" is quit

Reply #733800 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

What this means is Joey is staying put.

Reply #733801 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

That's what I thought too couldn't see Wiley agreeing to re-sign without an assurance from Joey that he too will be back.

Reply #733803 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Being Adelaide, you'd have to assume that he's on ok money, without being stupendous. In which case its a could deal for both. He has talent and flair, he revels in Joey's style of play, and he will continue to improve.

But yes, they need to sign a damn PG.

Reply #733806 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

He's a bit boom or bust game-to-game, but again that partly comes down to Joey's rotations. Could do plenty worse as far as imports go though.

Reply #733808 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I don't think it is reassurance at all that Joey will be back.

I think this is a Management decision...perhaps because Joey won't be coming back?

Joey isn't really playing him now so why would Wiley re-sign knowing he may only play a half of basketball?

Of course Wiley may have re-signed because Joey will be back...Joey is known for being a players coach and having that family like relationship outside of Bball.

Reply #733810 | Report this post

Food for thought (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I think it's a very good signing. I think Wiley has the potential to do much more in the league than he has done so far if given the right amount of looks and minutes. We need a stud import PG, keep Sobey, and we'd be on the right track.

Reply #733814 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Great signing.

Continuity is king in the NBL. Sometimes, it's better the devil you know.

Wiley's 24, so plenty of upside and likely improvement.

Reply #733816 | Report this post

Bullets  
Years ago

^^ agree, I think it's a great signing.

He has definitely shown glimpses of his potential this year but has also been one of the most inconsistent players in the whole league. His best has been negated by his lack of focus and consistently letting his emotions get the better of him.

If he can learn to keep his head in the game, avoid the defensive lapses and brain farts offensively, he certainly has the talent (especially athletically) to be a top 5 player in the league.

Joey is a great developer of talent (Creek, Johnson, Sobey and coming through... Drmic, Deng, Froling, McVeigh). I think given time (which this signing permits), he will develop into a star

Reply #734011 | Report this post

Moore or Less  
Years ago

An OK signing... an OK player but fantastic in the over the top carry on when ever he makes a lay up or the hi fives and push in the chest as players arrive back on the bench...

Reply #734316 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

And that's what you really want in a player at the end of the day

Reply #734318 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:50 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754