robt
Years ago

Anyone (else) see Bogut's return to NBA?

Warriors v Spurs. Spurs won after trailing for most of the game. Bogs started, won the tap and earned an offensive foul (illegal screen) on their first posession, 9 seconds into the game. Made up for it though with a couple of alley-oops and a dunk in first half. Ended with 7pts, 5 boards.

His defence looked slow and in particular he was nowhere near jump-shots on switches. Still, great to see him and hope he continues to serve the Warriors well.

Topic #44987 | Report this topic

Baller#3  
Years ago

Hopefully his defense adjusts after a few games. Would be hard I imagine going from the speed of the NBL straight to defending NBA starters.

Reply #738900 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Is there something wrong with his knees? Looked to have trouble at times.

Did they make him fly economy??

Reply #738909 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Is there something wrong with his knees.....you serious, of course there is something wrong with his knees, & his ankles & his shoulder and his...

Reply #738910 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Surgery might get rid of the chip on his shoulder, but his knees are pretty shot.

Reply #738912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still starting for favourite for title!

Reply #738918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee big surprise GS smashing MINN and bogut is the only player with a negative plus/minus. He must be really helping them

Reply #738961 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The funniest thing about the Spurs game was that Bogut didn't seem to have got the memo that Draymond's three ball had fallen off a cliff since he last played for the Warriors.

The piss weak +/- for Bogut today was because Minny blew them out of the gates. Not sure if you watched the game, but I wouldn't necessarily have pinned that on Bogut, although I'd also say that KAT is not exactly the ideal matchup for him at this stage of his career. I don't think he's magically going to be a great pick and roll defender in the NBA at 35 considering the league has continued to move away from traditional bigs, but the Warriors are just getting him up to speed and in shape while they can. He'll be playing 5-10 mins at best when the Warriors are in the playoffs depending on matchups, which is still pretty good for the Worst NBL MVP of All Time I'd say.

Reply #739009 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I was a bit bemused by the decision to bring him back as I figured he would struggle big time defensively.

Adams' drop off in defense (he has been really bad this year) is a classic example of how difficult it is for traditional bigs to defend in the league these days. Bogut looks similarly bad on defense as Adams.

Reply #739051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So would I be right in saying that if golden state face houston during the playoffs bogut will never get on court. There is no way he could match up against capela or faried?

Reply #739059 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'm sure that's the case - similar to the title year he had in GSW, Bogut's role will come down to matchups in the post-season. I think that's the fate of all traditional bigs in today's NBA on good teams, unless they are monsters on the offensive end.

Reply #739073 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

You're right AngusH,

I remember Anthony Davis having a field day with Adams whenever they matched up during the regular season.

Reply #739221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Golden State realizing that bogut is useless. Lasted 1 game as a starter now only played 9 minutes and had a shocking game. Team won by 23 and of course bogut again had the worst plus minus with -9

Reply #739234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats because Cousins is back that he isnt starting SMH. I guess haters gotta hate

Reply #739236 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Cherry picking stats oh dear.

Reply #739237 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:20 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754