Curtley
Years ago

USA, Canada, NZ to play in Sydney after Marvel Games

Pretty significant news.

Interesting to see how much tickets will be at Qudos bank arena for the USA v Canada game.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nba-stars-to-be-on-show-in-australia-as-usa-and-canada-set-for-matchup-in-sydney/news-story/bd9ca8affd15f950a39d9529ec63bc97

Topic #45173 | Report this topic

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

It will be better going to USA vs Canada in an actual basketball arena than the overpriced Marvel nosebleed tickets.

Reply #742796 | Report this post

Food for thought (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Well, sure. If you are in no way patriotic about the Boomers that might be an option for you.

Reply #742808 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I'm looking forward to my overpriced tickets at Marvel. Yeah not ideal viewing arrangements for basketball but have been to Final 4s which were no diff and that was fine.

Atmosphere will be unreal and who wouldn’t want to be in the crowd for the first time the Boomers upset the US ;)

The Sydney games will be great also, what a boon for local basketball fans. Would go for sure if wasn’t already holidaying in Melbourne.

Reply #742817 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Another reason not to pay through the nose for the Perth games. Melbourne and now Sydney an option. Nice.

Reply #742838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not certain on your mathematics there Perth World, by the time you buy a return flight to Sydney will cost you. Tickets won't be cheaper in Sydney, nothing is.

Reply #742841 | Report this post

Years ago

I can't even believe I'm hearing complaints about any of this. Not even referring to this particular board, but on basketball threads in general. We have Team USA here for 3 games. I can't think of anything more we could really ask for.

Reply #742846 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

As long as all the Boomers games sell out, last thing we need is a bunch of empty seats that families could have been sitting in if they were more affordable. Instead of thinking how much cash can be made as a one off they could think about long term benefits, but again if they all sell out then their sums were correct.

Reply #742847 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

$219 one way from Perth to Sydney on those date's. Tempted, just have to wait for the prices for the tickets.

Reply #742860 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Interesting.

Is it something to do with time zones?

Just wondering why the USA wants to play games in Aus.

And yes, if I lived in Sydney, even I might be tempted

Reply #742862 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

They were already being accommodated well to come to Melbourne for the two games.

Makes sense logistically they stick around for a few more matches against quality opposition I guess. They'll go to China when they’re done, 9 hour flight time ain’t bad.

Reply #742864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice to have an option to see the US team in a regular NBA-sized arena and not just this terrible football stadium gimmick (which really is just about money and marketing - the experience is going to be awful for almost everyone in there). Real shame it's not a Boomers game, but still, definitely going to this.

Reply #742867 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

#742841 The point was I'll happily pay more for Dream Team. Not so for Canada.

Reply #742870 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Why? The Dream Team are all well past their primes by now.

Reply #742874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Canada are a better side than us....

Reply #742875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll try this again as my first post didn't work.

Qudos ticket prices for USA v Canada

Category 1: $760
Category 2: $560
Category 3: $360
Category 4: $280
Category 5: From $160
Category 6: From $110

I'd post a screenshot of the seating layout but don't know how. Sorry.

Reply #742965 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Reply #742968 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Well those seem to be consistent with Sydney's house prices. Not surprised the thread went quiet after that post. Million dollar price for a thousand dollar view.

Reply #743005 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

What a rip-off when it will surely be on TV anyway

Reply #743048 | Report this post

Years ago

That's comparable to concert prices. You think it's a rip off for something that may never happen again?

Reply #743049 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Have tickets gone on sale yet?

Reply #743200 | Report this post

A A Ron  
Years ago

Is it BA who sets the prices and is making all the profits?

Reply #743201 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:28 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754