Hoopie
Years ago

Aussie behaviour in the NBA

http://global.nba.com/news/76ers-ben-simmons-fined-for-flagrant-foul/?cid=trafficdriver:nbacom:homepage

Has anybody else been bothered by the amount of whinging to the refs this season from Simmons, Ingles, Bogut?

I also find it ironic that Bogut and Ingles seem to spend a lot of their time telling their team-mates what to do, and they all seem to be jawing at the other team a lot.

Sure, some of the teams need leadership, but ... if you're not one of the stars, then who the Fock do you think you are to be whinging to the refs and trash-talking and telling your team-mates what to do.
Not the right way to stay on side with the guys who matter!

Topic #45182 | Report this topic

Joeys_Right  
Years ago

Yo the NBA is full of players complaining after every call. Not just Aussies. Do you watch?

Reply #743064 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

... and your idea on leadership needs updating. Leaders lead, right from the start. A leader does not wait for permission to lead. He leads by leading.

Think you may be suffering from having bought a red Toyota and suddenly finding that so did everyone else. I also notice when "our" boys do anything, good or bad. But leaders, well they're just leaders.

Reply #743065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nba coaches behave a lot better than nbl coaches. I'd like to see the nbl cracking done on the coaches from the start preseason.
Players should be allowed to ask questions politely but on a whole shut up.

Reply #743066 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

... and your idea on leadership needs updating. Leaders lead, right from the start. A leader does not wait for permission to lead. He/she leads by leading.

The examples you quoted are good for both cases. Yes they complain lots. But, in the cases of Simmons and Bogut, they have always been leaders. Ingles became a leader when he allowed himself to take that step (IMHO). I also think that the positions they play are all play-making positions, even/especially Bogut who runs things in and around the paint

To think that we are worse than the norm you may be suffering from having bought a red Toyota and suddenly finding that so did everyone else. I also notice when "our" boys do anything, good or bad. But leaders, well they're just leaders.

Reply #743067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Nba coaches behave a lot better than nbl coaches."

NBA coaches often argue with officials and call them out via the media. I imagine Wright and Gleeson skew your view on this subject, as the other 6 NBL coaches are rarely over-the-top with their behaviour.

Reply #743072 | Report this post

Red Toyota Owner  
Years ago

When I discovered that other people also had red Toyotas I immediately felt a sense of camaraderie with them. When I pass one on the road I give the driver a knowing wink. Oh what a feeling. N.B. I will repeat this post later on for no apparent reason.

Reply #743073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a dumb thread!

Reply #743075 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Loved my red Toyota ... at the time it was great! And felt that camaraderie too with the other red Toyota owners.

I notice when Aussies do the good and the bad, go out of my way to watch their games, and support them to the max.

BUT that doesn't mean that I go along with all of their performance on the court. James Harden is a prime example - worth admiring as a scoring machine but irritating as hell to watch because of the way he manipulates the refs and the rules.

Reply #743076 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

I actually thought the play by Lowry which lead to the Simmons retaliation was quite dirty and can see why Simmons popped him. Lowry undercut him and took out his legs on the rebound and could have caused Simmons serious injury.

Lowry also hip checked Ennis later in the game for no real reason. Lowry has to be one of the most overrated players in the league and always fails miserably come playoff time. Seems like he is releasing the frustration of not being able to match it with the leagues best with his dirtiness.

Reply #743078 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Slow thread day

Reply #743080 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I have never owned a Toyota

Reply #743093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ohhhhh what a feeling.....

Reply #743260 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:58 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754