Anonymous
Years ago

Tacky Fall

The
@NBASummerLeague
rumour mill is in overdrive, with word that 7'7 Tacko Fall and his camp have reached out to several #NBL20 squads

Topic #45467 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Next star?

Reply #749900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Undrafted so can't be a next star

Reply #749909 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Alot of interest from Silvers Circus looking to add to the freak show.

Reply #749913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melo and rj are undrafted

Reply #749914 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

RJ and LaMelo weren't nominated for the draft so while they technically were undrafted, they weren't in this sense of the word for the Next Stars eligibility. I doubt we'll see Tako Fall in the NBL and if we do I get the sense that he'll be way too foul prone to play meaningful minutes with the way that the NBL is ref'd these days.

Reply #749915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didi was nominated for the draft

Reply #749916 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

If the NBL are looking for side shows i hear Nick Kyrios thinks he could play some bball

Reply #749917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can somebody please show me the actual rules for the Next Stars program. Seems the goal posts change very quickly. I'll go out on a limb and say there aren't any and the rules are made up on the fly as players are seen who may be a candidate for the NBL level.
Looking on the NBL site there is this:

'Next Stars players must be eligible to nominate for the NBA Draft, and will be hand-picked by a panel of experts to be appointed by the NBL. Once selected, the pool of Next Stars players will enter into a contract with the league which will then place the Next Stars in NBL teams. Further details of how they will be placed will be announced shortly.

Those players selected will play at least one season with an NBL Club before nominating for the NBA Draft the following year (or potentially the season after)'.

So now we have 'Didi' playing for Sydney, already drafted at 35 but with already a season of professional basketball under his belt in the Brazilian Premier League. Before the Next Stars he would definitely be classified as an import.

Why doesn't the NBL just allow 4 imports and be done with it without hiding behind this smokescreen where there is obviously no hard and fast rules?

Reply #749918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And what is to stop an Australian coming in under the Next Stars program? If they are drafted in the NBA then they are good enough to play in the NBL. But if the NBL is going to pay their wage, wouldn't it be smart for a club to nominate them as a Next Star and effectively get them for free? So many loopholes in this as the NBL seems to be making it up as they go along.

Reply #749919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like the next star concept. Being able to watch future NBA talent and ex NBA players is what the NBL needs.
It would be nice if the rules for the next stars were clear and not made up on the run and I'm a kings fan

Reply #749920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if tacko is eligible to be a next star does that mean an NBL team can get a stash Brian Bowen ll ? So many questions

Reply #749921 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

"Didi was nominated for the draft"

and he was drafted. Under the new Next Stars rule this is permissible. The NBL are trying to get some of the draft and stash guys that are usually sent to Europe. When/if the NBA gets rid of the one and done rule, the Next Stars program, as it was initially drawn up, would have become irrelevant. With the new rules, Jonah Bolden may have come to the NBL under the program had it been available the year after the Sixers drafted him and sent him to Europe but as Fall wasn't drafted, although he nominated for the draft, I believe that he isn't eligible under the Next Stars program to join the NBL and will have to join as an import if he is to come here.

I agree that the rules surrounding the program seem to be rather ambiguous but if it keeps getting talent into the league then I'm all for it.

Reply #749923 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

I love the alteration to the concept but doing it on the fly when some teams have followed the protocol in place is pure favoritism. There's a big difference between getting an 18/19 year old HS talent and potentially getting a guy who's 22/23 with four years of college under his belt.

Good for Cairns though as this might assist with filling out their roster - NZ too.

Reply #749927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Didi was nominated for the draft"

and he was drafted. Under the new Next Stars rule this is permissible.

NBL site there is this:

'Next Stars players must be eligible to nominate for the NBA Draft, and will be hand-picked by a panel of experts to be appointed by the NBL.
Those players selected will play at least one season with an NBL Club before nominating for the NBA Draft the following year (or potentially the season after)'.

So a next star who isn't drafted to the NBA can come back to the NBL
Not that much different to tacko or Brian Bowen ll
I guess they can change the rules if they need to

Reply #749930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure if the OP is an idiot or it's a typo....Tacko not Tacky.

Reply #749932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Four Imports now allowed. How times have changed.

Reply #749955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It looks like didi was hand picked by Sydney and not placed into a team by the NBL

Reply #749958 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Like last year...two clubs were never notified of his availability. Guess who...

Reply #749959 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

He is 23. Might be a bit old for next star

Reply #749961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's ok the NBL can change that at any time they see fit.

It’s a good move if the nba change the one and done rules

Reply #749964 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

Out of interest - is Sydney doing this to put Didi under the salary cap?

Doesn't seem to be any indication they'll sign three imports (with Lisch naturalised), otherwise they'll have cap issues in fitting their non-marquees under the cap. In my eyes, Didi's salary will sit with the NBL, hence enabling Sydney to not have the same cap constraint.

I also wonder if they're treating Didi differently because he isn't a 4-year college player (see Devon Hall). Well, at least here's hoping.

Reply #749975 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

The way Tacko is playing in Summer League, he's going to make the Celtics roster! Already looks like a better basketball player than Rob Williams!

Reply #749976 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Tacko Fall will play NBA one day

Reply #749985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Short term he could bounce around nba, long term a place like nbl would help him develop. Looks like he's got some smart advisors if he's looking at nbl. Based on a lot of 3rd choice imports perviously he couldn't be worse. Can seriously change a game defensively.

Reply #749991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the league had 4 imports then the teams would have to pay for all 4 imports. Next Stars players are helped paid for by the league.

Only drafted players (Draft and stash players) and first year out of High School players can be Next Stars otherwise Deshon Taylor would be a Next Star. That means Tacko cannot be a Next Star.

They changed the rules so the program can still run when NBA drops the one and done rule.

And lastly, Brian Bowen is on a two way contract. He didn't get drafted and therefore can’t be stashed.

It really isn’t that hard to understand.

Reply #749996 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Timelord takes offense.

Reply #749997 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Lol joshuapending, taking offence is not Timelords problem! It's getting back on D and getting into the correct defensive positions in time that is the issue! He’s looked pretty clueless in Summer League, so I don’t have high hopes that he can be more than a third string centre this season. It’s a shame really, because his arhleticism is impressive.

Reply #750010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It really isn't that hard to understand

It is when the NBL expert panel change the rules on the fly

Reply #750033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the NBL are looking for side shows i hear Nick Kyrios thinks he could play some bball

NBL already has one
Lavar would eat nick kyrios for breakfast

Reply #750036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And lastly, Brian Bowen is on a two way contract. He didn't get drafted and therefore can't be stashed.

If Brian Bowen ll didn’t get a two way he would go back to playing with the kings the next stars are on a two year deal.
The NBL expert panel would be the ones to decide if Brian Bowen ll can be stashed along with if tacko could be a next star.

Reply #750041 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Burrito Drop is foul prone in Summer League, three fouls in 17 mins today. Youd reckon NBL refs will exacerbate that weakness.

Reply #750044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've had a look on the net and doesn’t seem to be an age limit for the next stars

Reply #750045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Burrito Drop

Lmao

Reply #750046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nacho Plunge could do worse than play 20 minutes a game in the NBL.

Reply #750047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be a bonus to have him in the NBL
Seems to have a lot of fans with the young on instafacetwitts

Reply #750048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"If the NBL are looking for side shows i hear Nick Kyrios thinks he could play some bball"

I stuck $1 on nick to play in the NBL at odds of like @301 a few years ago when he kept saying he wants to play basketball lol

Reply #750077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is when the NBL expert panel change the rules on the fly

Shit man they changed one rule for good reason. Get over it.

Reply #750079 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Burrito Drop

Reply #750103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey twerp what's with the love heart?

Reply #750118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shit man they changed one rule for good reason. Get over it.

It's all good mate I have nothing to get over
I support the rule change and l support the kings didi looks like a good player. It’s a win for me
All I was saying was if the NBL can change the rules for didi then NBL could change the rules for tacko to be a next star
The more next stars the better I feel

Reply #750145 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

The Next Star rule sounds like a moving target, but keep in mind the original premise. It's designed for guys on the fast track to the NBA. I don't think Tacko really qualifies, notwithstanding that he has an exhibit 10 contract and may eventually make it.

Reply #750170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not certain Didi qualifies, his summer league is looking quite good, can't speak a word of English though.

Reply #750173 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Tacky Fall

When I read the title I thought it was about terrible flopping.

Reply #750182 | Report this post

Tacko fall  
Years ago

Who the hell is tacky fall?

Reply #750292 | Report this post

Shut up you idiot. He made a simple mistake

Reply #750299 | Report this post

Tacko fall  
Years ago

Shut up you gangly nerd I bet you sit down to wee wee

Reply #750300 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:18 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754