Hoopie
Years ago

David Gallop and the NBL?

Now that he has stood down from the FFA, would he be useful in helping to run the NBL in any way?

Topic #45482 | Report this topic

PersonalFoul  
Years ago

NO WAY

Left the FFA in a mess, signed a terrible TV deal

Awful ....

Reply #750260 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Why?

Doing what?

I'm sure there are plenty of real roles at the NBL, but the only job of a CEO would be to do whatever LK wants, and he already has JL for that.

Reply #750265 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

David "The Bogan Nerd" Gallop? No thanks - didn't do much heading up the NRL and was woeful at the FFA. Mediocre career rugby league administrator who somehow got employed by another sport.

Reply #750277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep just always landed on his feet, never achieved much except big pay packets.

Reply #750281 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Has a law degree, u can be good at bugger all n get places with one of them.

Reply #750286 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Does he even know about the NBL? I don't recall him ever speaking about it as competition for the A-league.

He seemed quite sure of himself. Always looking ahead but not checking the rear vision mirror to see upcoming sports looking to take over a stalling A-league.

The FFAs impending divorce from the a-league is exactly what happened to the NBL separating itself from BA. So, Gallop wouldn't exactly suit the NBLs needs. Wonder if he even bothers to see how the NBL is run now.

Reply #750301 | Report this post

Old Baller  
Years ago

PersonlFoul... Left the FFA in a mess, signed a terrible TV deal...

The TV deal Gallop signed for the A-League was a great deal. He signed off on a 6 year deal for $300m, which is way more than it is worth now.

Reply #750304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys musnt be soccer fans, gallop has absolutely left the a league in shambles.

Reply #750305 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I thought the English prick that took over from him at the NRL made him look quite competent... haven't paid much attention to him with FFA but he seems to tak the talk and not walk the walk.

Talking of footy administrators that we'd like to see in the NBL, I know Andrew Demetriou had a role in the tv deal that was previously signed and if he worked with the NBL again then I think he could add some value but I think Loeliger has done a fantastic job in doing whatever Larry advises him to do.

How many administrators do we need in the NBL ?

Would previous administrators like Harmison of whom dealt with the NBL during tougher times be more value than a Gallop type? (Love of the game)

I wonder if Paul Maley would be considered in the NBL board or if he is happy with what he's doing currently

Reply #750309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That English bloke got them out of dire financial situation, didn't know anything about league but got the books balanced.

Reply #750319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loeliger seems like a great bloke, doing a great job too.

Reply #750327 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

A good article from Aussie Hoopla about how the A league peaked then dropped.

The NBL has a much higher ceiling than the A league.

http://www.aussiehoopla.com/league-cautionary-tale-nbl/

Reply #750365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nbl has a higher ceiling? Ummm no...

Reply #750367 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

The A-league is behind basically every league in europe, most in south america, a few in asia and the MLS. The NBL is probably top 5 and can get better.

Reply #750370 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

What could the NBL do with $300m/6 year tv deal, would that be aiming towards more teams, higher wages, Tasmanian team a certainty or would we just pay Larry back and give Loeliger a sweet bonus?

Reply #750442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Q: Why does Kestleman need Gallop?
A: He doesn't

Reply #750444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He can just go and gallop off into the sunset for all I care, stuffed up the FFA, held the Storm to ransom exposing his bias hatred of Melbourne with his NSW centric attitude and is despised by almost anyone involved with him at corporate level.

Good riddance to Gallop, if the NBL are so stupid that they hire this man they deserve what they get and it will be the demise of the NBL.

Reply #751053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #751056 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:33 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754