Anonymous
Years ago

Possible Taipans import

Corey Williams on instagram has written that a EXNBA GSW,HOU and LA player has signed in the NBL any guesses

Topic #45552 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeremy lin? has played with all 3

Reply #751928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scott Machado?

Reply #751929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Josh Powell??

Reply #751930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry a PG not a big

Reply #751931 | Report this post

Me  
Years ago

My money is on Machado

Reply #751935 | Report this post

Me  
Years ago

.....and confirmed

Scott Machado to the Taipans.

Solid pickup, plenty of experience and will match up well with the likes of Ware, Cotton, Trimble, Brooks.

Reply #751940 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Scott Machado

Reply #751941 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Would this be an upgrade on Trimble? Never seen Machado play, but if he's been NBL level then I would assume so...

Reply #751959 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Guys a gun, lead the ncaa in assists one year. Great get by Mike Kelly

Reply #751960 | Report this post

Me  
Years ago

Machado's success will likely be dictated by who else they sign. He is not a super scorer in the way that Trimble could be but if the Taipans can manage to re-sign Jawai and pai him with a decent 4 those bigs will be the recipient of some quality assists...his real shows him as a guy who sees the floor very very well.

Reply #751963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Feel sorry for the young Brazilian kid at Sydney. Could of had someone to talk to.

Reply #751965 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Looks a decent size for an NBL PG too, will get lots of boards, is he a good defender? Great looking signing by Cairns.

Reply #751969 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Great signing hey dickhead.

Reply #751980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liam Santamaria
Have spoken with @CairnsTaipans and, while paperwork's still being processed, they’re excited to be adding former Rocket, Warrior & Laker @_ScottMachado as their import PG.

Machado’s a high-character vet who is a proven play-maker. Good chance to lead the league in dimes.

Reply #751981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So 2 more imports? And a next star

Reply #751983 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Snakes Current Depth Chart

PG - Machado*/Kenny/Djeric
SG - Import*/DKD?
SF - Import*/Noi/
PF - Deng/Krslovic
C - Jawai/Jervis/(Next Star?)

Rumours that Taipans are in talks with Newbill and DKD to bring them back. Would like to see them go for a Import 3 that can play the 4 as well. If going for a next star, I would like to see Jontay Porter end up at the Taipans. Would be good for him to learn under Jawai and Jervis, and adds more youth to our squad, and an extra big. Someone that can run up and down in transition.

Reply #752001 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Noi will start at the three. Kelly has stated they're targeting a four along with Newbill.

Reply #752019 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

And Djeric is not a point guard.

Reply #752020 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Targeting an import PF?

I wouldn't have thought Majok Deng signed with Cairns to come off the bench.

Reply #752022 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Deng at the 3? Probably not a good move defensively, but it means you could go with an undersized hustle import 4 maybe, someone who can switch onto wings on defense.

Reply #752023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Machado / Kenny / (NS) 5'11 Wigness out of NBA global?
Import / Djeric / Hooley
Import / Noi / (DP) 6’7 Martin out of college?
Jois / Deng / Krslovic
Jawai / Jervis / (DP) 6’9 McCarthy out of college?

Reply #752024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lat Mayen also maybe a DP potentially.

Reply #752025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Djeric has played point guard for three seasons in Serbia, doesn't have high percentage shooting. Surely Jurlina is worth a place, two very good years in the qbl, not certain why he would’ve stayed there, Kauny was smart and moved to nbl1.

Reply #752029 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Anon above, I'm glad someone else knows why I put Djeric at the PG position on the depth chart. But who am I to say anything, Smith is probably a part of the Taipans staff to say consider him a 2 Guard rather than a PG. I personally would like to see Fisher and Jurlina rewarded, for having consistent campaigns in the QBL for the Marlins as well.

Reply #752033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly, Fisher and Jurlina stayed the course, they deserve a chance. Djeric is a bench player at best.

Reply #752037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deng a starter lol.
Zodiac you have lost credibility pal.

Reply #752040 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Wouldn't mind entertaining the thought of Terrence Jones as an Import PF for the Taipans.

Reply #752041 | Report this post

Duncan  
Years ago

I know this guys name been thrown around a lot on here, but just seems to me they are perfect for Bairstow. I don't see Jawai and Jervis splitting all 40 mins at 5, as well as the fact both are injury prone. So whoever it is, you need a 4-5. Kelly is big on Noi and he will play both 3 and 4 imo.

Personally I would think they could finish the roster with a guy like Bairstow, Jurlina (agree he deserves a chance), then imports at 2&3.

Understand that then looks similar to last year but you would just hope a) you have the right import balance and b) guys like Noi and Deng deliver

Reply #752044 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

When does Deng add 15kgs to become a 4?

Reply #752068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not about weight, it’s about length, strength and iq, any decent lighter player can beat the heavier one with these assets.

Reply #752102 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

The Cairns Taipans have announced their first import of the 2019-20 NBL season, with Cameron Oliver heading to Far North Queensland after a stint in the NBA G-League.
Oliver, a 6'8 big-man, is coming off a season with the Delaware Blue Coats, where he averaged 15.5 points, 9.2 rebounds, and 2.2 blocks per game, with the Taipans seeing him as a player who can play in either frontcourt position.

Cairns Taipans announce Cameron Oliver as first import

Reply #752272 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Kind of an out of the blue signing after everyone expecting it to be Scott Machado! But it sounds like a good signing and hope they do well!

Reply #752273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And if we get Machado as well, things could get interesting...

Reply #752274 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Machado would break the mould as far as usual Taipans imports go, and would be a quality pick up if they get it done. Oliver as well, if he can adjust to the NBL (ie. avoid picking up 3 PFs in the 1st Q by contesting or blocking shots).

If they can bring Newbill back, go with Deng/Oliver at the 3/4 spots, it's an interesting lineup. Deng wasn't as efficient last season, but offensively at least he's a tough cover for just about everyone in the league. I'm still not sure what else he provides outside of long jumpers and threes, but I think he's exactly the type of guy that teams like Cairns should take flyers on. Noi could get the nod over him depending on how pro-ready he is, but Oliver sounds versatile enough to cover the more difficult 3/4 matchups on the other team to mask Deng's weakness on that end.

Reply #752282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oliver is a 4-5, cant see him anywhere near the three spot.

Reply #752301 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:56 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754