anon
Years ago

Boomers vs Germany - Practice game 28 August.

Game to be played at 8 pm AWST and possibly livestreamed - according to Australian Boomers Instagram page.

Topic #45809 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

So 15 hrs away est?

Reply #758495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most games have been live streamed on youtube. I have been watching a lot of lead up games on there. Italy vs NZ, Dom Rep vs China, Jordan vs Greece etc

Reply #758501 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Germany are a great squad, should be fun.

Reply #758507 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Germany is +2GMT; Victoria is +10GMT, so 4AM AEST.

Reply #758511 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

"Germany is +2GMT; Victoria is +10GMT, so 4AM AEST."

Hmmm!! AWST is 2 hours behind AEST so 10 pm AEST would be my calculation.

Reply #758512 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Game vs Germany is in China - not in Germany.

Reply #758516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice job KET. Boomers are going to fly to Germany for a scrimmage and the fly to China! Nice job mate.

Reply #758521 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

So have we sorted what time est and where can we watch this.

Reply #758528 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Boomers Instagram confirms live stream will not be available in Australia.

Reply #758529 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Scrimmages usually aren't televised or open to the public they're not proper games sometimes teams might play more than the max allowed number of players or they might play six quarters etc

Reply #758531 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Or no foul outs too guys ending up with 9 or 10 fouls to their name

Reply #758532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems interesting to me that the Boomers are now playing a practice match against a possible cross over opponent after playing two warm up matches against a team from the same pool.

Would have thought it would make more sense to play teams that you were less likely to come across during the World Cup.

I guess its all just about opportunity, and in the case of Canada, commercial opportunities.

Reply #758535 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

I believe it will be streamed WITHIN China. So if you're nifty with a VPN and some googling you'll probably be able to get it.

Reply #758537 | Report this post

Kirkpatrick  
Years ago

I used VPN few times to access geo-blocked streams, was real easy

Reply #758552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What time does it start? Has anyone found a stream?

Reply #758561 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QKDPBXg2o88

Starts in just under 2 hours

Reply #758562 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

Thanks for the link, @FM.

Reply #758566 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

Unfortunately that stream is too dodgy to use!

Reply #758579 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Anyone try the off-youtube link?

Reply #758580 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Anyone sign up fr the Bookfunlife site that the youtube stream directs you to?

Reply #758581 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Seem to be a lot of fake youtube streams

Reply #758582 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Trying to steal some money from those rich Aussie miners

Reply #758583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone get access?

Reply #758584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

20:12 germany lead, 2:10min

Reply #758585 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Source anon?

Reply #758586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://youtu.be/K-Sh2Kwi36E

Reply #758587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

24:14 stream only with china IP, https://twitter.com/dbb_basketball

Reply #758588 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

Creek is playing well. Great defence.

Reply #758590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://twitter.com/PickandRollAU

Reply #758591 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

http://www.zhuafan.live/748815
Seems to need a tablet/phone, not PC

Reply #758592 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

That stream seems to have gone now. Stream dropped, now it's a 404.

Reply #758593 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Very poor connection for me, but still running

Reply #758595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

41:26 Kleber and threes...

Reply #758597 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Mills and Baynes didn't start. Extended minutes for Barlow and Creek. I think some cat and mouse happening with this game.

Reply #758598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Usually a full game is posted on you tube about 6hrs after.

Reply #758599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We are getting slaughtered.

Reply #758600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any time you run with our third tier guys like Barlow and Creek you are not going to do well against top tier opposition. Back to reality, depth will kill us.

Reply #758601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schroeders quick and the rest are all great defenders.

Reply #758603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From down 24, now back within 10

Reply #758604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlow 4 fouls at 3/4 time

Reply #758605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

74-64 all over.

Reply #758606 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Now if we had Adel we would be winning & ;p

Reply #758607 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

They didn't start Mills or Baynes, Barlow got a lot of minutes. I think it's fair to say the result of this game wasn't what the Boomers were concerned with. My only concern right now is Bogut's ankle.

Reply #758610 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Yeah I agree. It was more a run to try a few more things, get some more minutes into 3rd tier players and just get used to playing in the warmer weather.

Let's hope Bogut is ok

Reply #758611 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

told ya the nbl guys suck.
Without nba guys like Bogut, mills, ingles we have no chance to beat decent teams at the world cup.

Reply #758612 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

We beat America, that is all that counts.

Reply #758613 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"told ya the nbl guys suck.
Without nba guys like Bogut, mills, ingles we have no chance to beat decent teams at the world cup."

Yeah, when you take the core out of any team they tend to lose, fucking idiot.

Reply #758616 | Report this post

Makur Maker  
Years ago

And people here reckon players like Barlow, Kay, gliddon and Sobey deserve their selections in the team. But when given opportunities against an average team like Germany they all flopped.

Reply #758617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^

Well yeah, that's also a big reason as to why the U.S team to the Boomers.

Reply #758618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lost to**

Reply #758619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lost to**

Reply #758620 | Report this post

Annonnnon  
Years ago

Team USA and Canada were also flat during their last game. Maybe the warm up matches have worn out the players? Also playing in authoritarian China is not like at home. It's a very strict place!

Reply #758622 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Reply #758624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One hit wonders!!!!

Reply #758625 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Cant believe the idiocy I'm reading "one hit wonders!!!!' Yeah, I don't think they cared too much, buddy. They rested Landale and didn't play Mills and Baynes until the end of the first quarter. But yeah, let's all jump on the bullshit bandwagon and pretend like this game and the one they played against USA is comparable in effort and strategy. Bunch of fucking idiots here.

Reply #758626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

:) When we lose, we must be foxing. Cause Germany and the other teams we've been playing are going full bore right ?
We have no depth. We are one injury or dodgy quarter away from playing for 17th place people. I hope I'm proved wrong.
ME, love it. If the Boomers can harness your unbridled blinkered optimism, they'll win the gold in a canter. You go Legend !

Reply #758629 | Report this post

Makur Maker  
Years ago

" Yeah, when you take the core out of any team they tend to lose, fucking idiot. "

So you agree our bench players suck, LOL.

Reply #758631 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

I love how Dave/ Makur is still using both names even though he's been caught out haha

Reply #758634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dave/Makur not smart enough to realise. :::))))

Reply #758635 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

My take on the game. The Boomers were really sloppy and almost slightly disinterested. They seemed more focused on being involved in the chippiness of the game than actually playing.

So many passes around the perimeter were picked off, and even the ones that made it were shaky. Hopefully this was a bit of fatigue and jetlag and we are back on point in a few days. We'll see.

Reply #758636 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

And how was the bullying of Schroder. They just kept going in on him unnecessarily, and he just didn't react. Made me a bit of a fan of him tbh.

Reply #758637 | Report this post

Makur Maker  
Years ago

How did Nick " dominated practise " Kay go in this
match ?

Reply #758638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not really any jet lag flying to china

Reply #758639 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"'So you agree our bench players suck, LOL."

By that logic the bench players of every team suck. The bench players of the threepeat Chicago Bulls must also suck

Reply #758640 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

It's only the 29th but let's hand DaveMaker the troll of the month award now.

Reply #758642 | Report this post

Jackson  
Years ago

They have one job. Qualify for the Olympics

Reply #758644 | Report this post

Lorenzo  
Years ago

Anyone got a link to a replay?

Reply #758645 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Replay: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av65819816/

Reply #758646 | Report this post

adam  
Years ago

If not caring and losing is a prudent strategy why didn't Germany let us win? What I always wonder is how difficult it must be for the team to show some effort, but not too much, make it close, but don't look like you're making it close.....it must be exhausting, not to mention the team must be so highly tuned to be able to turn it on and off like a switch. I don't hold out too much hope for this team....it looks like we will only go as far as Patty Mill's shooting streaks will carry us. I hope I'm wrong, but that's basketball...its a make or miss game. I have never been a fan in any team sport of 'foxing'....just try to win each contest as it is presented. A little part of me died when we 'threw' the game against Angola a couple of years back.

Reply #758647 | Report this post

Makur Maker  
Years ago

" By that logic the bench players of every team suck. The bench players of the threepeat Chicago Bulls must also suck "

The bench players of The 3 peat Chicago would be the boomers core and dominate international basketball. The same can not be said about Sobey, kay and Barlow. They suck so bad

Reply #758649 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Anyone know what injury Landale was resting (if any).

Reply #758650 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The bench players of The 3 peat Chicago would be the boomers core and dominate international basketball.
Ah yes, those NBA heavyweights Will Perdue, Jud Buechler, Jason Caffey, Dickey Simpkins, Bill Wennington, Dennis Hopson, Rory Sparrow, Matt Steigenga, etc.

Reply #758652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This - 'be able to turn it on and off like a switch'
We cant
We've proved we can't over 50 years of major championships
We can't win the games that count against quality opposition
That's why this more-of-the-same Lemanis led campaign will finish as the others have - a loss to a not superior opponent in a game that counts
Happy to be told (again) that this group is different
But I dont see it
I hope I'm wrong though

Reply #758654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cannot have Bogut and Sobey on at the same time. It's death. Bogut plays NO defence on perimeter shooters, but Delly helps cover for him as he's more active.

Reply #758658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The bench of those Threepeat Bulls would *not* dominate international basketball *today*. Maybe back then they'd still be a dominant force, but Team USA right now is made up of (mostly) top players from a number of teams, I'd argue all but a few clearly far better than all those guys Isaac mentions above, and they are considered the most beatable USA team in a decade or more.

Reply #758659 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

If you rewatch the game, as I have, you see that the Boomers aren't playing it like a real game. It is a "run around" at absolute best. Taking this result as any indication is idiotic.

Reply #758662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK ME, we should just expect the final quarter v USA as what we'll produce when we decide to have a go ?

So blow the dust off the trophy cabinet at BA HQ for the Naismith trophy mate ?

Reply #758663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tbh ME does have a point. At one point our offence pretty much devolved into us just jacking up threes early in the shot clock.

Reply #758666 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Some thoughts from the game:
- Starting 5 was Baynes, Kay, Ingles, Mills, Delly; this unit looked alright to start the game, with scores around 12 each halfway through the quarter.
- It's not that Germany looked so good, but the Boomers looked out of sync and very, very sloppy. Lots of loose turnovers. Germany picked off a lot of passes, easily.
- Mills was ice cold until late in the 3rd. Ended up with a couple 3s, a layup; I can't remember more made baskets than that. Plenty of misses. Coinciding with Germany stretching the lead. Looks like not as much was run for him. We will again be relying on Mills for much of our scoring. For the opposition, shut Mills down, shut the Boomers down.
- We ran a lot with Ingles at point, but he looked off this game, way off his USA performance. Several bad passes and turnovers. I've seen him run the Utah offense often. This game was the worst I've seen him play in that role. Ingles continues to struggle with his shooting, as in Rio. We need NBA Ingles.
- Delly's new 3 appears to need a lot more work. Hit one, but bricked several others. He also isn't running the team as well as in Rio. If we are to do anything like in Rio, we need Rio Delly back. It's understandable that we are trying Ingles more as a playmaker, but I wonder if the coaching staff has also lost a bit of faith in Delly.
- No boxscores available, but I'd be surprised if Mills, Ingles and Delly combined for better than 25% from the field. Baynes shot the 3 better than each of them.
- Barlow played some good minutes; even spread the floor for a full iso in one play
- Baynes seemed easily agitated as Germany led comfortably, shoving Schroder needlessly at one stage. I'm surprised there was no ejection. Boomers were already about 20 down at this stage. Schroder's subsequent expression was one of bewilderment. Later other Germany players were on edge expecting Baynes to act out again. Boomers continued to target Schroder after whistles, both Mills and Bogut giving him shoves.
- Goulding looked good, hit 2 corner 3s, a nice drive to fadaway 2, another 3 off a broken play, a floating runner. His 2 missed 3s were in then out. Along with Landale, could be our most in-form player.
- Bogut interior D is elite, but he is struggling to get out to shooters, so expect a lot of opposition pick-n-pops.
- Germany shot the 3-ball well, but not particularly well. Seemed to be at a clip that we should expect from every team. Apart from Goulding, our best 3-point shooter was Baynes. That should say something.
- It doesn't matter who we play, if their 3s are dropping and ours aren't, a loss is probably coming. That's also the nature of an even World Cup. Out of the teams ranked 2-16, anyone can beat anyone.

Reply #758669 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Perfectly said rjd. Agree with it all.

Both Ingles and Delly looked almost lazy at the point. And both look like they don't want to shoot it.

Reply #758672 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"OK ME, we should just expect the final quarter v USA as what we'll produce when we decide to have a go ? "

Well, basically, yes. If you cant see the clear difference in meaning between the game vs USA and the Germany "game" (if you really want to call it that) then you have rocks in your head. Against USA, they were trying to exploit their strengths and run plays. Against Germany, it looks as though simply having a run around was as much as they needed. If you think they were trying to win that game above all else they were doing then you don't know basketball. USA and Australia were trying to win game 2 at Marvel and you could see it. Against Germany, both teams just going through the motions, getting their legs under them, looking at a few things, and trying not to get injured before the actual cup. If you're unable to understand that, that's your problem.

-

RJD, the thing that probably translates most from this game and the cup probably is the shooting. Ingles has not shot well for the Boomers in a very long time and that is concerning. Mills will shoot himself into form on any given game so I am not worried there. Goulding is going to bring a lot more than people predicted. As for Bogut covering three point shooters, the Boomers will have an answer for that as they did against USA. Their unwillingness to use it against Germany means little.

Reply #758675 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Expect fireworks between Schroeder and everyone when these teams meet again. I never saw him do anything so he must have been running his mouth or have a punchable face. Even Patty gave him some hip and shoulder action.

As for the Bogut injury, I saw that again. Looks pretty minor to me. Kind of half-landed on a foot and then called the sub. Walked off of the court just fine by himself. It's the kind of injury most of us would simply play-on with but Bogut probably didn't want to tempt fate. I expect to see him play on Sunday.

Reply #758676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We will dust off that trophy cabinet then ME. Sounds like these Boomers just need to actually try and that they have an answer for everything. I for one am looking forward to the ticker tape parades. It's a shame that we'll likely lose Lemanis to the NBA after the tournament win and no doubt he'll take Kay, Sobey, Landale, Goulding, Gliddon and Barlow with him. I do hope they'll be able to play and defend their gold in Tokyo. One good thing though that those muppets from Canada, USA, Germany whi've been going full bore all along and Serbia, Spain, France etc will likely look to want to come play in the NBL to learn how to do this bball thing, will be good for the league.

Reply #758681 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Oh so you're a fucking retard?

Ok then.

Reply #758686 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Thanks rjd, helpful post

Mills is going to be our number one option no doubt, just like he has been for the past decade. But you're right, we need Delly and Ingles doing more. It can't be a one man show every game.

Reply #758687 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

ME has been calling everyone " f***ing retard " who says something negative about the boomers. LOL
Some aussies are just rude, uneducated morons who give us a bad impression.

Reply #758691 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Would you say it's time to sack Lemanis in your educated opinion Makur?

Reply #758692 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

LV , apart from mills lemanis could have many options on offense, eg Green and Makur maker, but he chose mediocre players like gliddon, kay, Barlow, sobey instead. He is paying the price of his insane player selections now.

If mills has an off night on offense we generally lose.
Dont give me the crap that these youngsters are not ready, mills was picked for the boomers when he was 18.

Reply #758694 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Greggo, isn't it too late late to sack him now ?
the WC starts on 31 August. LOL

Reply #758695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you just cut and paste the same dribble every time moron? If you're going to continue to troll when everyone knows you’re an idiot at least be funny or creative. Now everyone just thinks you’re a lame piece of shit every time they see any of your rubbish aliases!

Reply #758696 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

I asked Makur, and Dave answered? How rude...

You think Makur Maker or Green are going to come into a FIBA world cup and be better scorers than established players? They've been going against 17 year olds.

Give them 2 more years and then start to consider it.

Reply #758697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dave have you given up on Deng Adel, check his game time and stats, they are rubbish.

Reply #758698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moron, retard. Real classy.

Reply #758699 | Report this post

Makur Maker  
Years ago

Anon, even nba players with rubbish minutes and stats can dominate international competition. Delly and Baynes have rubbish nba minutes and stats but they are boomers starters.

yes Adel should be in the boomers squad before these nbl guys. Lemanis is simply a moron with his crazy player selections ~ gliddon, Kay, Barlow and sobey should not been picked, they are simply not good enough. Goulding has been good so far.

Reply #758700 | Report this post

Makur Maker  
Years ago

lemanis' way of thinking is simply absurd, picking players with better " team fit " before players with better abilities and athleticism, which is never going to work. 
As a coach, you pick your best players in each position, then adjust your tactics to accomodate
These players. Lemanis does it the other way around, hence we are stuck with journeymen like Barlow, kay, sobey and gliddon, instead of Adel, green and bolden. Lemanis is simply insane.

Reply #758703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a load shit, Dellavedova and Baynes games and stats are far better than DA, they are full time nba players for a start, not 10 day contract guys. World basketball is about team work and offensive, defensive plays, not nba no defence ball.

Reply #758705 | Report this post

Makur Maker  
Years ago

Anon, adel has better upside than delly and baynes. He is only 21 has just started his nba career. Delly and baynes had pretty bad stats in their first few nba seasons

Reply #758708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dear Makur. Are you actually Makur Maker or are you just slandering his name?

Reply #758709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MM as usual you are incorrect, DA is 22 .

Reply #758710 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

I call people that when they're idiotic and needlessly hypocritical. In other news, BA have just said that the outlook on Bogut's ankle is positive and they'll continue to monitor the situation so I'd expect him in the game Sunday

Reply #758715 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Why does everyone keep responding to Dave?

Reply #758722 | Report this post

Nostraballmus  
Years ago

Nothing to see here. Both teams at half pace. Will be different when they meet in 2nd round. Nostraballmus sees all.

Reply #758725 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Nostraballmus sees all.

Including the shitty nickname?

Reply #758727 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Adel has athleticism and basketball skill but a low basketball IQ

Reply #758729 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Germany lost to Japan only a few days ago,
this is bloody bad.

Reply #758733 | Report this post

Nostraballmus  
Years ago

Japan will surprise. Top 8.
Nostraballmus sees all.

Reply #758735 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

And Japan lost to NZ. And NZ beat Canada. And USA beat Canada. And Australia beat USA.

So don't stress Dave

Reply #758744 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:36 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754