Annonz
Years ago

St Clair parking fines

Has anyone else received a parking fine for parking on the grass at St Clair on junior finals night? Just received a nice $69 fine in the mail.

That should net them a nice 2 to 3 grand if all the others parked there were also fined. Did they do the same thing at state champs as cars were parked everywhere then due to the election?

Great venue, shit parking, guess i'm supposed to catch the train there and then home at 11pm.

Topic #45983 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think St Clair gets any money from fines issued by the council you spud.

Reply #765414 | Report this post

Annonn  
Years ago

so nothing left on cars, just posted? uh oh

Reply #765415 | Report this post

Annonn  
Years ago

It was particularly bad finals night, as the other parking area near tennis courts was closed due to roadworks.

Reply #765417 | Report this post

Annonz  
Years ago

#414 Don't think i said St Clair get any money from fines you spud but you assume what you want and go off half cocked.

The 'them' referred to is who issues the fines, the City of Charles Sturt Council. They must need to recoup some of the $15mil spent.

Reply #765421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$69 for being a fuckwit and parking in an obviously not for parking area. Sucked in idiot. How hard is walking from a street away you fat shit.

Reply #765422 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

You most likely had one stuck to your car but due to the heavy rain it washed off so now they are chasing you up.

Reply #765423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I got one during the Christmas carnival

Reply #765431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$69 for being a fuckwit and parking in an obviously not for parking area. Sucked in idiot. How hard is walking from a street away you fat shit.

You are very angry and nasty. you don't like to be wrong do you. He clearly didn’t mean st clair was getting the money.
Step back and have a look how everyone else interacts on here and then have a look how you interact with others on here .....see the difference? wake up and see this before you get to old and stuck in your ways. I feel sorry for you

Reply #765432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hear Hear for the above, have a chill pill dude.

Reply #765442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talks about st clair

Says "them".

Didn't mean st clair.

Ok champions.

Reply #765447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pwease don't be mean to him xo

Reply #765448 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Jesus, someone got out of the wrong side of their sad existence this morning didn't they?

Reply #765449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry to hear that greggo, there's always tomorrow

Reply #765450 | Report this post

Annonz  
Years ago

You have to love this forum. Ask a simple question if others had received fines and get called a spud, a fuck wit and a fat shit. Lovely.

Yes i mentioned St Clair as that's where i parked, along with many others, hence the quite valid question. There was no notice on the car as the letter states they didn't issue it at the time, just took photos and rego numbers.

EDIT to the OP: "That should net them (INSERT: the people that issued the fine)a nice 2 to 3 grand if all the others parked there were also fined. Did they do the same thing at state champs as cars were parked everywhere then due to the election?" (Hopefully that helps the fat shit spud fuck wit understand now)

If it was obviously a not for parking area then i guess it wasn't obvious to all. You see when you drive into a car park, and follow other cars around to the back, and there's an opening for cars to drive onto an open grass area one would be fair to assume that its available for parking seeing as that's what one once did when parking at Titanium or even the Adelaide Oval.

If i was the ONLY car parked there then i'd understand the abuse but man just chill. I've been issued a fine, i'll pay the fine, just curious if others were also fined

Reply #765451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Soccer pitch = parking???

Reply #765452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All good Annonz you don't have to explain your self the op question is valid and easy to understand

Reply #765453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pwease don't be mean to him xo

I'm not worried about Annonz welfare or mental health he can handle himself in public.
But on the other hand my friend you need some help. Do you really want to live life everyday this angry and nasty ? Sad

Reply #765456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bloody hell you fellas sure like shaking each other's dicks.

Sorry I called you a fat shit OP. I meant lazy idiot. Hope you’ll live.

Reply #765457 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

OP...

Can you go back to the Council and explain the circumstances of the night, they may waive the fine but I suspect not.

Reply #765459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jump on their Facebook page and tell them everyone else was doing it so you shouldn't have to pay. They respond pretty quickly.

Reply #765461 | Report this post

Annonz  
Years ago

#452 Did i say it was a soccer pitch? No. It's an open grass area at the back between the stadium and the new road through... why am i bothering.

Spud, fat shit, fuck wit, lazy idiot i don't really care. Thanks for your concern but i'm sure i'll live. Its just a little sad that this is all you can manage to contribute to a civil conversation stemming from a valid question but... oh wait, it's school holidays, the year 10's are bored sitting at home waiting for 2K to update. Carry on.

#459 Thanks for the suggestion but i too suspect not.

Reply #765462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But it is a soccer pitch, genius. Guess they just have a club room and nets to stop balls going on the road for no reason and it's actually more parking.

Reply #765463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Valid question:

Did anyone else get fined for their own stupidity?

Reply #765464 | Report this post

Annonz  
Years ago

If it's a soccer pitch then i'll stand corrected. Didn't see any goals or markings when entering from the stadium carpark, maybe as that area was a building site for the tennis etc.

So, still interested to hear if any other fines have been issued to the rest of the fat, lazy, idiot, fuck wit spuds that stupidly parked there.

Reply #765466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes. They aren't picking on you.

There was a thread maybe for Christmas carnival where a lot of people got fines but I can’t find it.

Reply #765468 | Report this post

Chewie  
Years ago

This got angry quickly. For mine, nope I didnt get a parking fine, but then I parked in a side street 5 minutes away and walked in the rain as there were no available parks.

One better was the person that parked in front of a fire exit and caused a 5 minute delay to all games as the stadium staff cracked it.

Reply #765469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure what's wrong with parking in front of an emergency exit, it’s close to the actual car park so fair game you’d think. Just like the oval.

Reply #765470 | Report this post

Annonz  
Years ago

Thanks #468. I didn't go to the Xmas carnival and don't remember hearing anything at State Champs in May as it was a parking free for all south of the car park on the bark area under the trees.

Like i said, i'll no doubt pay the fine and won't look to park there next time just hope that others weren't hit with fines too.

Also hope that shirty, the slightly aggressive bear can manage to contain his rage and somehow bring himself to live in a society or if not he can go on living his sad troll life and give us all some mild amusement from time to time.

Reply #765473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've never heard of st claire have no idea what state it's in sounds like a real important place ha ha. I think anyone from that area is a fukwit

Reply #765482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've never heard of st claire have no idea what state it's in sounds like a real important place ha ha. I think anyone from that area is a fukwit

MensLine Australia is here to help 24/7 via phone or online. Talk it over. Call us any time. Available 24/7. Professional Counsellors. Services: men's mental health, relationship & divorce.

Reply #765486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I received a fine I've viewed the evidence and it’s a photo of my number plate, no evidence to suggest the car is parked illegally or showing where the vehicle is parked in context.

Agreed there was an opening that wasn’t available before.

I wonder if any one has contested these fines in the past.

It’s disappointing they should build a venue that has great facilities and is able to host large competitions but they should have addressed the parking also to reflect the volume of patrons usage.

I saw cars parked on the end of rows, and the frustrating thing that they are all 1 way dead ends so If you go down to look for a park and there are none and people follow you you are stuck.

It’s a shamozzle, compared to large venues in Victoria who cater for parking.

Reply #765491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.charlessturt.sa.gov.au/Fines

Ring the number here and say you didn't know you couldn’t park somewhere other than the car park and they’ll rescind it.

Reply #765493 | Report this post

Glass Half Full  
Years ago

Maybe they can install some proper flooring in with all this fine revenue the council is earning from the lack of parking! I still sometimes wonder if the new St Clair was designed by the same forward thinking person who envisioned the Southern Expressway as a one way road.

Reply #765495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's wrong with the FIBA approved flooring they used?

Reply #765496 | Report this post

Glass Half Full  
Years ago

If you've used the courts for longer then 10 minutes you would know the difference between a sprung and non sprung court.
Funny how during the FIBA World Cup they used Quick Lock wooden floors, which are also the choice for hundreds of high school and college courts across the USA, not the "FIBA Approved" St Clair flooring (lino on concrete).

Reply #765501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The stadium slab is concrete but the floor itself is 100% wood about 1inch thick sitting on a 1inch underlay.

Reply #765503 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Parking was as expected, the leaking roof was something new though.

Reply #765506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 36ers players had the choice of training out of Wayville or Pt Adelaide. Why didn't they consider St Clair? The floor. I don't know the details, except that the 36er players and just about every junior player I've spoken to can attest to the fact the floor isn't up to standard. BSA held a camp of sorts earlier in the year and this was a common point of criticism.

Reply #765545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or, BSA owns Port Adelaide and not St Clair. Good conspiracy theory though.

Reply #765548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

545 you literally just made that whole thing up. Good on ya champ.

Reply #765549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers didn't pick st Clair for practice because they have no money , the floor at the entertainment centre looks pretty similar to St Clair , made in Germany, funny that so is the St Clair floor

Reply #765552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#545 what a load of nonsense.

The 36ers often do small group training at St Clair on Sundays. So when the coaches and players can choose a court to train on and not be bound by a club agreement they choose St Clair.

And exactly the point, the 36ers new drop in floor most resembles St Clair.

Reply #765554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers opinion was sort on st clair floor options... they approve of the choice. Re car parking. Was at carnival and parked side street and a0void a fine. Not rocket science. Garden area not car parking. funny that. Was going to park on soccer field but thought maybe that for soccer since they don't play soccer in car park. I could be wrong but if you park illegally your problem not venues....

Reply #765569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Okay I'll go tell my 36er mates they're full of shit and made the whole thing up. Same goes for the juniors and BSA camp coaches. Boy is my face red.

Thanks for your insight guys, I'm sure it wasn't founded on ignorance at all.

/s

Reply #765575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Woodville and YMCA fanbois are out in force

The floors are sub par. Anyone who walks into the building can see that. Price that had to be paid for the venue but let's all just accept it for what it is.

Reply #765579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You don't have 36er mates and the floors are fine.

Reply #765594 | Report this post

Nostraballmus  
Years ago

Nostraballmus foretells if you park in a no parking zone area you will get a fine

Reply #765598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers mates. Well they like to shoot around at st clair that's for sure. Maybe they got special car park arrangements..... even eagles and bearcats training there....

Reply #765600 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:09 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754