Jack Toft
Years ago

Kings v Breakers Oct 19

Top of the table Kings host the Breakers, who are yet to dust off their sneakers this NBL season. Kings are travelling nicely, but have not really been tested by the hottest of flame so far this season. Cairns and a jet lagged Adelaide are not what I would consider to be the toughest of opponents.
The Breakers would be chipper from news of the contract extension of Abercrombie. He's played 303 games and been at the club for 11 seasons. He is the Peter Pan of the NZ outfit, so that must make Bogut the Captain Hook and Corey Webster the crocodile.

Talking of which, this is Corey's 200th game tonight.

The Breakers look weaker than the Kings, but the Kings are the oldest team around. I could joke about them doing your mum, but the age gap is not Cougarish.... An old team brings experience, but with age comes the risk of injury and the longer the season goes on, the riskier they are.

But tonight, the Kings should dine on New Zealand venison as they zimmer frames gather rust on the sidelines.

Topic #46094 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Welcome back JT.
Sydney with ease.

Reply #768657 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

2 rounds and Lisch has been listed as injured for the next 2 weeks. Bogut also sore. Kings should still win with Ware and NZ having to travel back from the USA.

Reply #768661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's on tonight. 19:30.

Reply #768671 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Still no news on whether Bogut is playing or not.

Reply #768673 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The lack of injury updates from the NBL is appalling.

Reply #768679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to the crowd?

Reply #768683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why dont nz have some white singlets

Reply #768684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crowd looks well below par.

Reply #768685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great game to watch so far, crowd might be low because of the 9's rugby league event on in Sydney as well.

Disappointing to see Dwayne Russell in commentary, he seems to commentate the majority of games so far this season as well....

Reply #768686 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers up 1 at the end of the first quarter.
Hampton looking legit with a few steals and a couple of buckets.
Didi showing out for Sydney

Reply #768687 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

It is official. Webster is back. A Couple of disappointing years may be in the rear vision mirror.

Reply #768688 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

This telecast is dog tbh. The problem of zero crowd buzz exacerbated by tacked-on commentary. I've only watched half of the games this season but this is the least hype I've seen

Reply #768691 | Report this post

Joel  
Years ago

Does the next stars program allow nz to have 4 imports?

Reply #768692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drink when the commentary mention
Hampton being 18 years old.

Reply #768693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joel.
Every team is allowed 3 imports and a next star therefore making it 4 imports.
Nothing to see here.

Reply #768694 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

3 imports and Hampton is the Next Star, doesn't count under the salary cap or as an import

Reply #768695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Show cheerleaders not people in the crowd.

Reply #768696 | Report this post

Joel  
Years ago

Great idea.
Just wish the 36rs would pull their finger out.
Is there any knowledge as to what happens when the one and done rule gets removed?

Reply #768699 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

Did Dwayne just commentate a replay?

Reply #768701 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

What's with the tape on the backs of the Kings singlets (except Ware's, that is)?

You'd think that a professional league, whose apparel provider is run by the son of the league's owner, would be able to arrange uniforms in a manner at least on par with how your average amateur footy club does. And I highly doubt that FE have much other business going on.

Reply #768703 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The Sky Sport NZ half-time show has Kevin Braswell as one of the panelists.

What the hell? Why in the world ?

Very awkward.

Reply #768706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sky's coverage in NZ has a panel with pre-game, half-time etc. it’s great. But wtf is Kevin Braswell doing there!?

Reply #768707 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Braswell must be giving his views as the Breakers official Remote Head Coach.

Reply #768708 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Brandon Ashley with his 4th foul at the end of the 3rd.

Reply #768709 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Struggled with foul trouble in the US too.

Reply #768710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this guy a commentator or a Casper Ware fanboi?

Reply #768711 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

My SBS stream has been real shit tonight.

Reply #768712 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Dwayne Russell loves anything from Melbourne United.

Reply #768713 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Hopson is a stud

Reply #768714 | Report this post

Didi Louzada gets near the hoop and Heal and Dwanye go nuts...

Reply #768715 | Report this post

Oh and I think Hampton is 18 if any one was wondering

Reply #768716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

11-2 run Sydney, only a team like lame nzb can have such downtime in every game.

Reply #768717 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Typical Abercrombie performance we've become used to unfortunately. 33 minutes for not much really (3 minutes). Rebounded well but that was only a product of a lot of Sydney misses.

He's just become a passenger in so many games the past few years. In fact, hardly even a passenger.

Reply #768719 | Report this post

mike  
Years ago

Ware was clutch at the end but he really is protected by refs. New players get pinned for everything in comparison. A few times Hopson went to the rim he didn't get calls - which to me were fair as you have to be able to defend, but if it was Ware he would get FT's every time.
New players always struggle because if they play defence they always seem to get called for fouls, but then when they have the ball other players are allowed to play hard defence on them, and you won't get fouls.
do others feel there is an un-written rule re first year players ?

Reply #768720 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Olympic Park was a train wreck tonight with a few events on, I think that was at least partly the reason. 6.4k crowd was announced, but looked smaller.

Reply #768722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers got smashed at the centre position. If Loe had hit a couple of those threes early. In it would have changed the dynamic pulling bogat out.

Reply #768802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut on one leg and a f..ked back made Loe look like a draft horse. Kings certainly look interesting, there rebounding and defence so much better, Tate and Moller give them strength in this area plus both play very solid defence. Lisch was missed though so hopefully doesn't spend to long on the bench injured. Didi got realise it’s not the nba and you can pass the ball.

Reply #768804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

See. I thought Abercrombie played well. Lock down D. Also doing the little things. Breakers have plenty of players who can score and don't need this.

Reply #768814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ were very good, they will be in the hunt, can't see them losing at home.

Reply #768824 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, I expect NZ to pick up the win tomorrow. I don't see Bogut playing, either.

Reply #768831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I thought Abercrombie played well. Lock down D. Also doing the little things."

Yep, 11 boards while playing the PF vs Tate and defended well. Solid game.

Reply #768837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good game go the kings

Reply #768852 | Report this post

K4L  
Years ago

Bogut and Kickert still can't defend an on-ball screen. This will be a problem for the Kings later in the season.

Reply #768976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liked the way NZ are looking, 0-2 but long way to go. There coach after game interview shows that they look like they are in good hands. Kings great start but Bogut is irreplaceable, could be in trouble if he goes down.

Reply #769296 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:27 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754