Jeff
Years ago

SBS Courtside launched - a new basketball pre-game show

The main details of the program:
"With the NBL and NBA seasons upon us, SBS has announced a new pre-game basketball show that will air twice a week on SBS VICELAND and SBS On Demand.
By SBS Sport

SBS Sport Presenter, Lucy Zelic, will host the fast-paced 30-minute pre-game show, SBS Courtside, ahead of every NBA and WNBA game on SBS VICELAND and SBS on Demand. SBS World News Sport journalist, Adrian Arciuli, will also join Lucy.

The first episode of SBS Courtside will air at 9:30am (AEDT) on SBS VICELAND and SBS On Demand this Saturday, 26 October ahead of the highly-anticipated showdown between the Toronto Raptors and Boston Celtics at 10:05am.

Lucy and Adrian will deliver the best highlights and insights from the NBL, NBA and WNBA, and will be joined by special guest analysts and players to review and preview the leagues."

Source: https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/sport/article/2019/10/23/sbs-courtside-launched-new-basketball-pre-game-show

Topic #46138 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Nice! Shame there isn't an NBL pregame show but i'll take this!

Reply #769801 | Report this post

FCF  
Years ago

Is it safe to assume this will be from a central hub?

Reply #769806 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

This seems great, as long as Corey Williams stays away I'll be watching this regularly.

At least Lucy will likely be better at pronouncing Didi's name than the rest of the commentators

Reply #769811 | Report this post

Flop Warning  
Years ago

I have heard a rumour that they are building a court alongside the hub, so that it will in fact be courtside for the rest of the season.

I may have made this rumour up. But i did say it out loud so that i did hear it.

Reply #769812 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Lucy is a shithole. No disrespect, no disrespect.

I can say that because I've seen Lucy (on tv) multiple times and I just, didn't enjoy her. I found her to be incredibly dull and boring.

:-)

Reply #769813 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I've just made an off-handed comment about Lucy on Hoops.com.au. I recognise these comments weren't ok and I'm truly sorry for what I wrote.

Reply #769814 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Lucy Zelic? *vomit*

Reply #769815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like Lucy, she will be fine. Great to have more interest in basketball and sbs do sports with out all the shit. I'll be watching for sure.

Reply #769822 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

^^^ totally agree. Anything without Heal, Gaze and Homicide would be great!

Reply #769829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bravo SBS for giving us some new faces instead of the same old jobs-for-mates retreads and actually bravo to them for doing a show like this at all, so that's a double bravo.

Reply #769850 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I guess it's good if you aren't familiar with the SBS crew and get to see some fresh faces who aren't mates with LK.

It's too bad for followers of the world game however because it's kind of another shitfest on SBS with the quality old guard retiring/dying out leaving us with half of the Australian-Croatian community headlined by Lucy Zelic plus Craig "Foz" Foster hosting on there. Yuck.

Reply #769853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^
What a load of shite Perthworld. Great to see sbs having a go.

Reply #769858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't this the SBS version of Fox Sports footy (both codes) commentators coming across to do basketball. Not exactly new faces unless you don't watch SBS soccer coverage (or from Adelaide and heard about the SBS presenter from Canberra calling your city a shithole randomly out of the blue for some reason)

Reply #769862 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Exactly. At least someone gets it.

Reply #769863 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Was Abbey Gelmi not available?

#bringbackabbey

Reply #769868 | Report this post

Kevin Booth  
Years ago

Were Gordon Bray and Bill Lawry unavailable?

Reply #769869 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Ha! - Gordon Bray isn't even available in his own sport for most of the year because of the tiff between him and Fox Sports.

Reply #769871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucy should stick to a shithole sport like soccer

Reply #769872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't blame a person for wanting to upgrade their sports diet.

Reply #769874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Australian basketball keeps getting better for the fans.

What's next

Reply #769879 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

#bringbackabbey

Reply #769885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Putting regular games on Sbs may end up being one of the best things LK ever did for the NBL.

Reply #769998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^
I agree, they should show Friday and Saturday night games on 31 as well. Yes I no you can watch on demand but better on free to air. Looking forward to the nba and pre game show.

Reply #770001 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Lol it sucked

Reply #770280 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:19 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754