Anonymous
Years ago

NBL1: Geelong Supercats land another star signing Mitch McCa

Geelong Supercats' hopes of ending a 10-year title drought have received a massive boost after the signing of Australian representative Mitch McCarron for the 2020 NBL1 season.

Topic #46167 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will duties relating to BA etc take him away through out season.

Reply #770303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly on a different budget to previous coach....

Have seen in the past that a huge budget can be wasted with the new coach as well !

Reply #770370 | Report this post

The TrUth  
Years ago

Clearly the new coach hasn't wasted his budget on players who don’t reside in Victoria so won’t drain the $$$ he does have on flights, accommodation, visas, vehicles and all the other bits and pieces that come with importing talent.

Scheuller able to get done what Leon O’Neill couldn’t and recruit some top shelf Aussie talent to the team.

Working smarter with the money in play.

It’s easy to assume the budget is bigger because of the increase in talent recruited. I’m sure Neeld wouldn’t be mortgaging the club after they’ve been in so much financial trouble just to win some NBL1 games. The previous CEO and women’s head coach took care if that type of irresponsible spending.

Reply #770376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Budget aside, does this help with the development of local players? Genuine question.

Reply #770393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HAHA, ThE tRuTh.
Nice effort in trying to dis-credit previous coaches and budget availability, go and ask the playing group and coaches what their budget was, I think you'd be very surprised in the answers you’d receive.
I’m daring to say that the Melbourne United are tipping a bit of cash into this venture.
3 players and an assistant coach at the club, not a coincidence and your right Scheuller will bring Aussie talent but remind me how that worked out at Kilsyth.
Don’t give Neeld any credit, probably didn’t know who the 3 guys were before Scheuller signed them.

Reply #770415 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:54 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754