Russ
Years ago

NBL Announcers

Sorry Chris Anstey, I really never did like you! Now I never really like you! I know you do what you do because you like to do what you do and you do the best in the league that do this. Remember you gotta do what you do then it is done!

Topic #46337 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anstey's a commentator, not an announcer.

But yes, he's pretty cringy.

Reply #774472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is worse? Anstey's commentary, or Griffin's defense?

Reply #774474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anstey commentating Griffin's defense. haha

Reply #774475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide is the worst!

Reply #774479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I actually feel bad for anstey, he has terrific insight and feel for the game, especially considering the nbl have them in a studio another state away. But his vocal chords aren't good.

As for the homicide show, I’m very much done with him. The league doesn’t need his verbal hashtag dribble any longer a it’s a very good league that can hold its own without his tacky 'nba jam’ street ball style lingo haha

Reply #774480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^#seeincrediblybigwinger

Reply #774482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How good is the hub now?
I like the back drop it's awesome.

Reply #774484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow so many racists on here. Homicide adds a bit of an urban feel, can't have all basketball nerds like cam luke and leon santamaria all the time. Anstey does a good job although i do agree he has a weird voice.

Reply #774487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Wow so many racists on here. Homicide adds a bit of an urban feel"

HAHAHAHA!

Reply #774488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree the nbl needs more of an urban feel.

Reply #774489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leon?

Reply #774490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'More urban, less Homocide'

That or sack Homocide and otherwise do whatever the hell you want. The NBL will be better off for it.

Reply #774491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone with the nickname "homicide" should not be involved with a league trying to be professional.
Guy makes a silly statement every 5 minutes.
You'd think he was an NBA legend the way he speaks of others....

Reply #774492 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Anstey's insight is up there with best in the commentary ranks, however, his voice that sounds like he smokes 80 darts a day is not pleasing to listen to. You can barely hear the poor fella. Respect for him and his game but he is just not fit for commentary. Obviously he lives in Melbourne and is available and easy for the NBL but this guy just doesn't cut it. I know NBL staff read this forum a lot. So hopefully they listen just like the did with the OG Seb Costello. If you're not going to have the commentators at the games at least make it worth listening to from the hub.

Reply #774494 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The commentary is so bad yet the clean feed on Twitch averages a single digit viewership.

Reply #774497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Twitch is for incels like perthworld.

Reply #774498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Twitch, WTF!

Reply #774501 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

WTF at your WTF - they are an official NBL broadcaster.

Reply #774503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone who thinks constructive criticism of Corey 'homicide' Williams is racist, is really reaching. Be very careful labelling the dislike of a commentator as anything more than what he has to say, not look etc

Reply #774504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide meets the diversity quota so he ain't going anywhere

Reply #774505 | Report this post

Hairs  
Years ago

Chris Anstey is in training for a remake of The Godfather

Reply #774507 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'd love to be sitting at a game next to Anstey and getting his thoughts on certain aspects of a game... and that's what his commentary sounds like, not really connecting with the masses. Does his voice get louder than an average volume... comparing to Cam Luke that you expect to start screaming at you as soon as the ball goes through the basket, the contrast was crazy.

CJ Bruton was still the worst commentator that I've heard... well technically he stopped talking so I'm giving Anstey the benefit of the doubt.

I never liked Anstey as a player but I don't think he was the worst in the commentary booth in the Adelaide vs Perth game.

Reply #774509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Serious question why is Casey working the sidelines and where is Carfino? Bring them back if you ask me

Reply #774529 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Only Melbourne based commentators now.

For shame.

Reply #774530 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Is it not hard to focus on what Anstey says, not how he says it? At least try.

To me, he's one of the best colour guys without doubt

Reply #774532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anstey did a great job. He's a terrific analyst, no matter what. Cam Luke on the other hand is horrible. A radio caller who has no business calling games on television. Doesn’t know when to shut the hell up and has severe verbal diarrhea.

Reply #774539 | Report this post

A.  
Years ago

Dwayne Russell is still the worst commentator, his voice and basketball knowledge is horrendous.

Reply #774542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anstey is great, surely they can get him sounding slightly different with today's technology. Cam Luke should be left to overtime and homicide as well. Stick with Gaze, Anstey, Hooley, Wortho was good too. Get commentary that talk about the game not what happened in past era. Heal know his stuff but always talking his old mates sons up, Cadee, Froling etc and they ain’t that good.

Reply #774544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Russell and Luke just yell out play by play as if they are an radio. We can see what's happening on screen, we don't need them to tell us a player just passed the ball to his team mate.

Reply #774562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they may of lost some people with the 2 minute segment on camel rides in Broome while there was a game of basketball playing in the background. I don't think fans tune in to see a low budget episode of "Getaway".

Reply #774567 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I put this in the wrong thread:

I couldn't believe that was Anstey I thought it was an old timer like Borner or something but even though his voice is gone he's comfortably the most astute person in the NBL commentary ranks, too good not to persist with IMO.

In relation to Homicide and his "Speaking about Perth I want to talk about Broome" like they're neighbouring cities and not at opposite ends of the country but at least the guy adds some genuine colour commentary.

Reply #774569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kesselmans infatuation with Homicide will keep the league from being taken seriously.
The guy does not research, cites nothing of value, and just yells hype or controversial garbage.
I mute the TV whenever he is on. Nothing personal, he is just bad.

Reply #774586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought james harvey was very good a couple of seasons back where has he gone?

Reply #774592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ agreed! Harvey was quite good and would have gotten better with more experience

Reply #774643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shane Heal is now the best commentator. Spot on when commentating games, but no, Harry Froling is not going to be in the NBA soon Hammer. Maybe drop that line of hype....

Reply #775080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

James harvey just used to repeat back whatever Heal said.

Reply #775083 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Perhaps Harry needs his brother to get there first, which might motivate him into getting his arse into gear.

Reply #775084 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

"Dwayne Russell is still the worst commentator, his voice and basketball knowledge is horrendous."

It's very frustrating to sit through commentary as though it's designed to pump the game up to the eight year olds out there ... and seriously, who is it that needs non-defence high scoring to enjoy a game of basketball???!

Reply #778087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I actually like Dwayne Russel, I've never understood the hate, but most people are like sheep.

Reply #778111 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754