Dusan Vavic
Years ago

Little Known Fact about U/14 Sturt Boys

Is this a first? Father, Robbie Shearwood, was a member of the Sturt Under 14 Boys team that won way back in 73 (Sturt's first title).
Son, Adam Shearwood, member of this year's winning team.
Is this a first? If not who else has done it?
Is this type of record (father/son and/or mother/daughter) in any other club championship (ie classics)?
Anyone know of anyone else?

By the way congrats to the boys on winning and the girls for coming second.

'Buts' you can rest now.

Topic #4634 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

How long is this going to go on for?

I mean little john's 2nd cousins dad won the state minkey U12 championships in 1975 and little john has just started with sturts u10s who won their premiership. How many times has this happened?.

Well done to sturt and all involved. But its getting beyond a joke with the useless historic references to previous u14 championships.

"Dusan" I am pretty sure they dont keep records for this kind of thing!

Reply #53744 | Report this post

Dusan Vavic  
Years ago

Well, looks as though I've been well and truely put into my place. I'll just crawl back into the 'evil empire' with the rest of us unknowns.

Have a happy life everyone.

Reply #53752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats a bit harsh anon it is interesting to know the kids around who have parents who have achieved as well

Reply #53753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adam Who?

Reply #53758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"robbies" son.

Reply #53761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"robbie" WHO!!!

Reply #53763 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Isn't every fact about U/14 boys teams "little known"?

Reply #53831 | Report this post

Corkhead  
Years ago

Well done Dusan - history is a great part of our game.

All the negative comments seem to come from losers on this site. They obviously have no idea of what winners are and how to even be one. That is why sturt is so good. They are humble when they win, gracious when they lose and above all provide and nurture a positive winning culture and environment for ALL age groups at thier club. They actually teach the kids.

If all you other losers spent the same amount of time teaching your kids the basic fundamentals instead of being critical, your kids too may become winners.

It is a pity that there are not more people of the ilk of Dusan Vavic involved at other clubs.

Anon - you are a loser - no doubt

Reply #53841 | Report this post

lorena  
Years ago

o sturt e muito legal

Reply #129380 | Report this post

noBS  
Years ago

Part of playing or supporting a club should be knowing how the club came into being, the people that made it work and recognition of those that give hours of effort on and off court. We don't have to agree that they are all success stories, because they aren't, but the good, bad and ugly is all part of the makeup of any club / sport and IMO we need to know and respect the history. This doesn't mean little johnny or sally gets to play only because great grandpappy played and I think good coaches are above that anyway.
FWIW, I recall meeting the incredible Merv Harris who gave his time freely to 12 year olds and adults alike regardless of which club you were associated with and chatting on many occasions about the history of the game and to read his book is awesome, it puts into perspective why this sport is so successful still and why we still want to play it.

Reply #129396 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:10 am, Mon 13 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754