Jack Toft
Years ago

Cats v Sixers Dec 1

In the final game of the round today, the Cats roll out the welcome mat to their favourite team, the nightly Adelaide 36ers.

For the Cats, they can start to build some gap between them and Melbourne for 2nd spot. We know they will be in the top 4, just where is yet to be decided. However, the Cats are all about defence and on their home court, they close up with the scores at Perth skinnier than a super model on a lettuce diet. Q: Will there be a flop from a Pussycat today? A: Does a FIFO bogan love a beer?

For the Sixers, a win means they stay in touch with the top 4. The Sixers and the Queensland teams are all in a tight tussle with SEM for the 4th spot. Ah... just like high school where all the boys are keen on one girl. Then you see her 30 years later..... So if you want to win a flag in the NBL, you need to win in Perth. The Snakes have done it this season, now it's the Sixers turn to get the W.

Adelaide tore the wings of the Breakers last round and Perth lost in Cairns.

While my heart wants a Sixers win, my head tells me the Cats will steal this one.

Topic #46456 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

Being an afternoon game tips the balance towards the Cats over the nightly 36ers.
(That plus Terrico being back in action)

Reply #777967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6ers aren't on the cats level. Won’t be all that close.

Reply #777971 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Sixers seem to always rise for the occasion in Perth. Except Grand Finals....

Reply #777974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth with ease.
Sucks for Adelaide they need to win or lose touch with finals contention.

Reply #777975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It has been 2 weeks since Cotton has scored > 10 points so look out sixers

Reply #777976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers +7.5 handicap looks nice considering they always seem to get up vs Perth

Reply #777978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not that I am a betting man but I agree

Reply #777995 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Griffin to foul out under 3 mins

Reply #778014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brendan Teys starting, what.

Reply #778016 | Report this post

Can anyone tell me what is on Dario Hunt's shoulders? Does he need help?

Reply #778019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bionic implants to help him shoot bricks from the stripe

Reply #778022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another NBL game, another whistle fest.

Reply #778023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lolcats

Reply #778024 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Not sure Adelaide has shot enough freethrows...

Reply #778025 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Yeh funny that when one team fouls the other when they are shooting, free throws are the result

Reply #778028 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Funny how it seems ok at the other end...

Reply #778029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 FTA difference. That is so worth crying about

Reply #778031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just STFU Homicide .

Reply #778033 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

FT difference really has nothing to do with anything anyway. It's more that J feels any game involving Perth should be reffed by himself and two clones of Trevor Gleeson.

Reply #778034 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Is Shaun Livingstone playing or did he not get cleared in time?

Reply #778035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a problem for 36ers fans, we don't get Hungry Jack's because the other team doesn't get to the line enough

Reply #778036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth fans getting in early with excuses for another home loss. Team looks cooked.

Reply #778037 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

You can just tell how much Gaze loves working with Corey on commentary.

Reply #778042 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Wow Marcus Timmons being interviewed. The forgotten man.

Reply #778043 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Great D by the Sixers. Doubling Cotton and making him work exceptionally hard is working a treat. Drmic's D in particular has been top class.

Reply #778044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha no Adelaide is only leading because of the extra 3 free throws they have taken. Perth look brilliant but those darn refs are holding them back like always happens to them in Perth arena

Reply #778046 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Angus

It's a contrast in every way.

Just makes Gaze look great. Probably exactly what he needs this season. Maybe he’s paying Corey’s salary just so he looks good.

Gaze (excluding coach Gaze) is just about universally loved in Australia.

Reply #778047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Martin is cooked. Perth will seriously need to revamp their local talent this off season... Depth is really lacking.

Reply #778048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Playoff streak is ending today

Reply #778049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fans of both teams reaching for tissues but for very different reasons....

Reply #778050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahh it's time for another Salty Perth fans bitch.
Martin should have retired probably when he had that face issue. Past it by a long way. I said it at the time.

Reply #778051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A. You are so wrong
B. This teams issues are way bigger then Martin being past it this year

Reply #778052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow I haven't rated Adelaide at all all season, but they look solid today. Not sure if this is as much that Perth are on the way out, or Adelaide have been underachieving.

Reply #778053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth 3 imports have a total of 20 but Damo being old is why the whole team stinks

Reply #778054 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Wortho sitting on Sixers bench in Sixers polo.

Reply #778055 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Did I see Worthington on the Sixers bench earlier?

Reply #778056 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Lol looks like I didn't dream it! Thanks Z

Reply #778057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sub out cotton and white, no point risking them

Reply #778060 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Oh 36ers trying to throw the game away and Griffin still acts dumb

Reply #778061 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Here come the bullshit calls to try and get Perth back in it.

Reply #778062 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Do plain dumb things on offence? Check, give away offensive rebounds? Check. Give the other team a good opportunity to win? Check

Reply #778063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers have a good sense of humour with all this choking

Reply #778064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Opportunity to win? Lol 17 points up with 4 minutes left I don't think so!

Reply #778066 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

At that point it went from 27 to 11 with half a quarter to go

Reply #778074 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Wagstaff missed his retirement window.

Some how refs reward his dumb shit, therefore it is there week in week out.

Trevor Gleeson should have T'd out of the game. Complaining about the USF just shows very poor rule knowledge. If they ask dumb questions, just throw them out

Reply #778075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really don't want to come across as a Salty Perth....so first kudos to Adelaide they deserved that W and DJ was superb.

However.....

I feel the need to point out that the Hunt/Majok centre combo is really not cutting it.

0 fg attempts from Dario today we are beyond the "settling in" period, he needs to be better!

Reply #778077 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Just like Cairns a few weeks ago, sixers showed that teams aren't afraid of the jungle anymore. Completely outplayed us. Ref's not the reason we lost, us not hitting our free throws was a big reason.

Gleeson decided to abandon any form of set play both inside and out. Sitting in the stands it seemed everything was a contested 2 or hoping to get bailed out. If Hunt isn't in Gleeson playbook he needs to go.

Again well done Sixers, to good today. I'm not looking forward to seeing what the Kings do to us on Friday.

Reply #778079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets hope the Kings smash the arrogant Perth side.

Reply #778080 | Report this post

Perth Arrogant - Sydney is buying a title ?

Reply #778081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why was Worthington on the 36ers bench, in official 36er outfit?

Reply #778082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd hardly call perth arrogant right now

Reply #778086 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

DJ really deserves a tonne of credit for a monster game. 29 points at 69% and 17 boards against a team always noted for its defence in a place that is notoriously hard to win is an effort that deserves a little more love on here.

His detractors are always quick to point out his failings when he has a bad game but he doesn't get enough credit for how good he’s been offensively over a long career.

Reply #778088 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

DJ was huge and on top early. Absolutely brilliant game

Reply #778091 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

He certainly schooled us today.
That was quite the arse-kicking.

Wagstaff missed his retirement window.

Kind of an unexpected comment for me seeing as he was one of few cats to have a positive impact for his team.

Reply #778092 | Report this post

Confirmed: Drmic gains all his power from his goatee.

Reply #778094 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Probably the best game I've seen DJ play hopefully Kupchak liked what he saw last week and is keeping tabs on him ;)

Reply #778095 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

Cat Chat right now! Come check us out. Red Army fans on fire!

Reply #778096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Closed group. Weak.

Reply #778098 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

WTF did I just witness?

I feel like I should be burning something and putting it in a little urn...

Reply #778099 | Report this post

Screens  
Years ago

Dario is a horrible setter of screens.

It's got to be affecting Cotton - he hasn't had one good pick set for him all season.

They were visibly arguing at the start of the second half.

Reply #778100 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Just the annual sky is falling moment for Perth. They'll drop some games and the rest of the league will flirt with the idea of Perth missing the top 4, before they power off a run of wins and end up playing Finals basketball.

Reply #778101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angus you could well be right. I called it last season when everyone said they were gone.

Great season of nbl basketball.

Reply #778105 | Report this post

But they have less talen this year. Cant keep doing this if you dont replenish your stocks.

Reply #778123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats will be fine: they'll cut an import, being on a gun late season recruit, and the red army will breathe a sigh of relief. Kings still to win it all though.

Reply #778125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth are safe for top 4 they might slip to third or even fourth but will make it.

Reply #778128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good game..... Adelaide are good team it's funny how some people on here think their crap. Adelaide looking like a top 4 team at the moment.

Reply #778138 | Report this post

Violet Crumble  
Years ago

Adelaide can be so up-and-down, even within the same game. I was half expecting a third/fourth quarter fade where they can't hit the backside of a barn, but surprisingly they held it together. Good to see them pushing the pace, and driving hard at the cup. That’s where they’ve been most successful in the past. I think it probably helps having Moore off the bench as a scorer to break up those Teys/White combination. Perth just seemed really lethargic.

Reply #778143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see Adelaide with such a dominating performance, and to see GJ get his mojo back, I still reckon that on his day he is the best big man in the league, we just don't see enough of those days lately.
This was once for the True Believers, and a poke in the eye for all those fair-weather fans who wrote of Joey and the boys.

I don't usually buy into the old "Perth Arrogance" debate but OMG it was on display.

Perth lost there two most important coaches in Nielsen and Forde, and Trev's like all business as usual I'm good enough on my own.

Majok as been exposed as a dud by two NBL teams, but Perth think they can somehow transform him!
He always shows promise early, and presumably he looks good at training, but he just doesn't have the head to play pro-ball.

Perth only won last year thanks to Gaze. Then Sydney and Melbourne make massive improvements, but no Perth thinks they can go backwards, replace Brandt with some spud, and still be competitive.

Next Friday Night it's going to be a jungle all right, and the Kings are going hunting.

Reply #778145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plus forgot to mention they lose one of their high-scoring stars to injury (or in this case forced to come of the bench) and Trev thinks Clint bloody Stiendl is good enough to start.

Reply #778147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People mock Adelaide for good reason. As good as they have been last 2 games, losses to Brisbane, choking against the Kings fading out at home against the cats previously is what the negative feedback has been born from. It's been warranted.

Reply #778148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide should play finals and will test sides. Adelaide lost to kings in OT and kings have beaten everyone so it was a reasonable result.

Reply #778153 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

People mock Adelaide for good reason. As good as they have been last 2 games, losses to Brisbane, choking against the Kings fading out at home against the cats previously is what the negative feedback has been born from. It's been warranted.

No it hasn't been warranted. No one not even the most optimistic Sixers fan thought this team would be 6 wins 6 losses 12 games into the season.

The loss to the Bullets was by 2 points, the loss to the Kings by 2 points in OT and the loss to Perth at home was by 4 points. Those are all very commendable losses. Joey as usual has this Adelaide roster punching above their weight.

Reply #778158 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Perth lost there two most important coaches in Nielsen and Forde, and Trev's like all business as usual I'm good enough on my own.

Correct, he tried to replace them with a cooked Woolpert. Running out of ideas.

Reply #778162 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sorry I called Sixers being in top 4 way back. They are the real deal.... Will you guys not learn it's how you build towards end of season that matters. Sixers are building... Are hard working no frill.. you can see clearly now the fragility in Perth United. May just hang onto finals spot if can get wins at home. Won't matter. United are the weakest - Sixers to leap frog.

Reply #778171 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Wright has the 36ers punching above their weight. I think Cairns are punching above theirs too though.

Reply #778172 | Report this post

Violet Crumble  
Years ago

I think Adelaide are one of the bubble teams, along with SEM, to make the Top 4. Brisbane have been far too inconsistent for me, and as much as I'm loving seeing Cairns succeed, it’s going to take a few more weeks to convince me they are for real, but that could very well happen. Perth I’m not worried about. They’re always going to have a unique home court advantage (despite yesterday’s form), and just need all their starting 5 firing. Big game experience counts for a lot.

Reply #778206 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Agree, SEM or Adelaide for the #4 spot. Melbourne are too strong offensively to not finish top 3, with Syd/Per/Melbourne making up the top 3 in some sort of order. SEM with Tai I think get the edge over Adelaide overall, but I haven't heard any projections of when he is due back in awhile, and without him they are a bit too perimeter focused.

Reply #778211 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:29 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754