Wendy Byrd
Years ago

Why doesn't Terry Armstrong play?

What's holding him back? Most games he won't even get off the bench

Topic #46623 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely he has improved to the point he would get some game time ?, one of the hottest high school talents in America, but can't get a run for Simon Mitchell

Reply #783218 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

surely another team could use him

Reply #783221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's pretty obvious really, he’s not up to NBL standard.
If you can’t get a run with the tiny Adnam and a senior citizen (Gibbo) in front of you in the backcourt, you’re clearly not good enough. Unlike Ball and Hampton, he’s certainly got no hope of making the NBA.

If he wants to be a professional longer term, he needs to work on his skills out side of his run/jump athleticism. It’s obvious that he’s an athlete but you can see by the way he warms up before games that all he does is dunk. Work on game craft... ball skills, dribbling and shooting and at game pace! That’s what takes you to the next level

Reply #783223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is he a good spot up shooter?

Reply #783225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haven't seen any evidence yet that he is

Reply #783230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone in the know with this kid ? What's his work ethic like ? Has he improved ? Hopefully the more experienced players like creek and Wesley are helping this kid make a living.

Reply #783231 | Report this post

Hopefully he gets a second year to try his luck not necessarily with SEM.

Reply #783232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both Gibbo & Adnam have been extremely solid this year so not sure what the above anon is talking about

Reply #783283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm in the know and I know that he isn't getting game time

Reply #783284 | Report this post

Go Dees  
Years ago

He isn't very good at basketball, kid can dunk thou and is a great athlete

Reply #783293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isnt that one of the points in development of young players, not all can be 5 star recruits like Hampton and Ball. Most high school kids wouldn't get minutes.

Reply #783298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Both Gibbo & Adnam have been extremely solid this year so not sure what the above anon is talking about"

I wasn't suggesting they haven’t had decent years. More that Armstrong has ideas of going to the NBA and if at 6-4/5” and a freak athlete can’t get time against those two, he’s got no hope

Reply #783302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought he was pegged as a potential second round pick before the season started

Reply #783310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it a real chance Armstrong does 1 more year in the nbl before trying to make the league ?, why rush it and not get picked up.

Reply #783358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Is it a real chance Armstrong does 1 more year in the nbl before trying to make the league ?, why rush it and not get picked up."

I would like to see SEM release Armstrong if they're not going to play him. Illawarra would give him a go.

Reply #783361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Especially if Illawarra doesn't have to pay him. We know how much they hate that.

Reply #783369 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:20 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754