Mark
Years ago

Wildcats roster change - Dario Hunt replaced?

Accordingly to Liam S on Overtime, the wildcats are about to make a change to there roster. Dario Hunt gone.
New player already signed and to play this weekend.

??? True or false
Who is it ???

Topic #46680 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

Finally we know what offer saw SEM release Benson! :p

Reply #785058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Benson. Signed in uae.

Hopefully sem get simmons or mika.

Reply #785059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons would be awesome to watch in the league.

Reply #785060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's not quite what he said. He said close to signing, didn't he?

Reply #785061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there's been a big that I have been looking at all week Jeff Adrien 6 7 Last played in Israel

Reply #785062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mika. is was pretty equal to Landale.

Reply #785063 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Could this be Troy "Starfish" Georgiu's first ever in-season move?

Reply #785064 | Report this post

I will play along with my brother and the others on this thread.

Brock Motum.

Reply #785065 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

I can't stand Brock Motum, but he would be a good fit for this team.

Reply #785066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the same names come up every time a team looks to make a move...

Reply #785067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could the import be a replacement for Martin and Motum in for Hunt

Reply #785068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Motum played for Valencia on Jan 3, so very unlikely.

Reply #785069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEM

Angel Delgado 6'10 C
Eric mika 6’10 C
Jonathon simmons 6’6 G/F
Zach Randolph 6’10 C
Devondrik Walker 6’5 g/f
kJ mcdaniels 6’6 G/F
Wayne selden 6’5 SG

Plus others not mentioned.

Reply #785070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mika seems the best fit for sem imo. But for more scoring maybe selden or simmons.

Reply #785071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randolph retired, mcdaniels playing in phillipines, Delgado israel, Walker France, selden nba, Simmons nba, mika China,

Reply #785072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

eric mika was playing in china but is now with Stockton kings G league signed yesterday

Reply #785074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eric Mika signed a G League contract with Sacramento's affiliate team today.

Reply #785075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That doesn't mean much with the salary he could get at sem over g league.

Reply #785076 | Report this post

Could the injury to Damian Martin have forced Perth's hand?

Reply #785077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lachy Reid hasn't reported anything yet

Reply #785079 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

At least when Homicide sprouts BS, he's entertaining, and names names.

Santamaria just likes to big-note himself, but seldom has anything of substance.
He also claimed the Cats had somebody lined up last year, but of course refuses to name names.

If he claims Perth has somebody lined up, and is only waiting on paperwork, then spit it out!

Reply #785085 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The reason Homicide can afford to name names is that he's making shit up and thus doesn't have to bother about keeping confidentiality. If Liam were to name names tonight, he'd get no further inside info from anyone.

As for Lachy Reid not reporting anything, until he actually denies it I see no reason to believe there's conflicting information out there.

Reply #785086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Old face with the long dreads

Reply #785089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth wildcats once again having the smarts to do what my Adelaide 36ers never do. Improve the roster at all costs.

Reply #785091 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Last season they back in their roster and won the title, it was the opposite of an improve the roster at all costs mentality. If they make a change this year it will be because they feel they need to improve.

I think they do need to improve at that import big spot, but that said, in the middle of their struggles last season I thought they needed to improve at the import SF spot!

Reply #785092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul, more so to my point is, when change needs to be made, the cats make it. Adelaide don't. They just roll along and finish middle of the pack and we all say how great Joey has done with minimal talent. Moore sadly needs to go and be upgraded on.

Reply #785093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Sixers changed their import PG this season and in the past have also brought in players like Childress, Congee and Randle. So they do make upgrades

Reply #785095 | Report this post

I will believe it when I see it in terms of changes.

Reply #785099 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Last season they back in their roster and won the title
Liam's claim on Overtime was that they backed their roster last year solely because they couldn't get a replacement in time after the guy they had backed out at the last minute.

Reply #785102 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

No name yet ?

Reply #785114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Josh garlepp tweeted there will be an announcement today and it is an NBA name

Reply #785116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my guess Jeff Adrien 6 7 FORMER NBA PLAYER

Reply #785117 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Marquese Chriss waived by GSW yesterday...just wanted to throw a player out there with no facts or basis in reality.

Reply #785125 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"Marquese Chriss"

Geezus, can only dream, lol.

Reply #785126 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

We are always disappointed when "Former NBA player" announcement precedes a player signing. 99 times out of 100 its a journeyman who has been playing in some European 3rd division or Korean league who at one point had a 10 day contract in the NBA. So my hopes are low.
Even Cotton was announced as an NBA star and he only played 23 games in 3 seasons...so keep those expectations low people and pray (if you are a Cats fan) that we strike gold like we did with Cotton.

Reply #785127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lachy Reid has dropped a cryptic clue on Twitter

Reply #785128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack Cooley?

Reply #785130 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Growing
A
Beard
On
Holidays
#Change

-L Reid-

Reply #785132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Iam throwing in Isaac Humphries

Reply #785133 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Tyler Cook ?

Reply #785135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd be happy with Isaac Humphries singing the national anthem before games. No more than that though

Reply #785137 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Liam's claim on Overtime was that they backed their roster last year solely because they couldn't get a replacement in time after the guy they had backed out at the last minute.

I wonder if that was the case the season prior?

Reply #785139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Miles Plumlee?

Reply #785145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noah?

Reply #785155 | Report this post

Who will it be?
What is going on with Damo?

Reply #785156 | Report this post

NTB  
Years ago

PLUMLEE, MILES

Reply #785160 | Report this post

Source?
NTB

Reply #785164 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Plumlee confirmed in Wildcats members email

Reply #785165 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

The Perth Wildcats have signed seven-year NBA veteran Miles Plumlee to its roster for the remainder of the 2019/20 NBL season.

Fellow American Dario Hunt was released from his contract on Wednesday morning, allowing the reigning champions to make the change.

Standing at 211cm and weighing 113kg, Plumlee is a powerful post player with exceptional athleticism.

He was selected in the first round of the 2012 NBA Draft by the Indiana Pacers, and went on to play 347 NBA games with the Pacers, Phoenix Suns, Milwaukee Bucks, Charlotte Hornets and Atlanta Hawks.

The 31-year-old is excited to be in Perth.

"I'm happy to be here. I know this club is in top-standing with their championships and culture. It’s really enticing to come to a great team, and winning makes everything more fun, so I want to come here and win," said Plumlee.

“I’m going to be high energy, I’m going to play hard, bring athleticism and do whatever I can to win - defensive presence, especially inside, rebounding, blocking shots and finishing.

“I think I’m a good fit for this team.”

Miles Plumlee played college basketball at Duke University, where he won a National Championship in 2010 as a sophomore.

Following his rookie season with the Indiana Pacers, he was traded to Phoenix and in 2013/14 played 80 games at a career-high 24 minutes per game, averaging 8.1 points and 7.8 rebounds.

He was sent to Milwaukee in 2015 and the following year the Bucks would sign him to a four-year deal.

Last season, Plumlee played 18 games for the Atlanta Hawks, averaging 4.4 points and 2.2 rebounds per game.

Most recently, the Indianan spent a month in China with the Zhejiang Lions, averaging 11.3 points and 7.9 rebounds in seven games.

Trevor Gleeson said while it’s always a difficult decision to make a personnel change during the season, he’s confident the move improves his side’s championship credentials.

“Dario is a great guy, he’s very popular among the team and is one of hardest workers. Sometimes you have to make a difficult decision in the best interest of the team,” he said.

“Miles has a wealth of experience, he’s an athletic six-eleven, he’s got a big motor, he’s a rim protector who can finish above the rim. That’s something we need, and it was timely that he was ready to come here on short notice.

“When Miles became available, it was a tough decision, but one we felt we needed to make. Our rebounding and our defence is our DNA and something we have to improve on if we’re going to challenge for a championship.”

Plumlee comes from athletic stock and his brother, Mason, has played for the Denver Nuggets since 2017.

Miles Plumlee arrived in Perth on Tuesday and will play in Friday night’s game against the Illawarra Hawks.

The Perth Wildcats would like to thank Dario Hunt for his contribution to the organisation, both on and off the court, this season.

Hunt played 21 games, averaging 8.6 points and 6.0 rebounds per contest.

http://www.wildcats.com.au/news/article/wildcats-sign-nba-big-miles-plumlee

Reply #785166 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Huge.

Reply #785167 | Report this post

Terrific news.

Reply #785168 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

This has been a long time coming. Good to see Troy get off his back.

Reply #785170 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Great work Wildcats.

Reply #785172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Breakers!

Reply #785176 | Report this post

Well done Troy.

Reply #785177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this same wildcats that don't buy premierships or bring in players mid season ( cough Cotton ) and everyone goes there for free because Gleeson the coach. He’ll learn to flop quickly so that will be a bonus. Most expensive side in nbl history. Cotton, White, Plumlee and Kay, three million there on its own.

Reply #785206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't take long for the salt to reach the surface haha

Reply #785210 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Watched some of Plumlee's highlights and he appears to be a very decent shot blocker but I can those Eastern Ref's just call foul after foul on him.

Reply #785212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah cos those ones in the West favour the local team.

Reply #785216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a Wildcats fan but on the surface seems to be a good signing and brings skills and assets that no other player on the roster possesses. Wouldn't have minded that sort of player at Melb United instead of Shawn Long

Reply #785217 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

I'd take Shawn Long, would of been a perfect fit for us.

Reply #785218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shawn Long is currently playing for Melbourne though

Reply #785228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plumlee's salary for 7 games: $400k

Reply #785244 | Report this post

People shouldn't attempt salary guesses it's just embarrassing.
"Kay, White, Cotton and Plumlee on a combined $3million". Yeah righto lol.

Reply #785256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If funny you're allowed to quote Sydney salary but got stay away from Perth’s, the real big spenders.

Reply #785265 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:48 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754