i luv basketball
Years ago

New SEASON!! U18 div1 boys and girls

Well the new season is about to start so who has some information on teams/players in the U18 Boys and Girls div 1 comp..

i Herd that centrals wont even have a girls side..

Topic #4671 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

flames and eagles top 2 in the boys. but the rest it hard to say

Reply #54070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Girls:

North will have a very strong group (as per usual) and will bounce back from their injury ridden season of 2005. A lot of dominant second years in this group supported by some very able first years.

Sturt will be an interseting team to watch and see how their season will fair without Emma Langford. However should still be a finals contending group with players such as Jess McPhail and Kara Hargreaves.

Norwood were lucky to get as far as they did this year, could surprise everyone (AGAIN!) and be a strong team in 2006. Predominatly a small fast team relying on good performances from Nicole Romeo.

West look sure to post better results this year with the return of Amy Porter and the introduction of at least a few girls from the Under 16 Grand Final Winning Team. Might struggle with the loss of Leah Mencel to Under 21's.

Forestville will be an outside chance with few players returning from their 2005 Championship Team. Niki and Mia will leave big shoes to fill.

Eastern don't look the strong team they did last year, with a BIG (excuse the pun) loss in Cayla Francis. Under 16 superstar Tess Madgen will lead the group, but can she do it alone?

Southern will again be a bottom dwelling team with not much to look forward to unless some superstars have been picked up. Keep an eye out for Kate Bercavics (sorry for the spelling).

South...what can I say. Will struggle for sure against a very strong competition in 2006.

Overall, will be similar to last year as a very even and able group with no one dominant team. Definitely a season to watch.

Top Four Tip

1) North
2) West
3) Sturt
4) Norwood

Reply #54078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the girls competition will be very close just depends who comes out to play on the night, some of the girls are not as competitive as they should be and it will depend how the big guns are feeling on the night. lots of etams rely too much on their gun players, if they dont perform either does the team. Should be interesting...

Reply #54174 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

Good review of girls Anon 54078, even agree with your top 4.

But although tough, I think as you point out the return of Porter added to the same starting 5 (less Mencel), plus 2 really good first years, I reckon makes Westies a shoe in.

Reply #54203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous you said "Sturt will be an interseting team to watch and see how their season will fair without Emma Langford" What is Emma Langford doing isnt she playing?

Reply #54245 | Report this post

oi!  
Years ago

North girls easily depth depth and more depth
langford to institute

Reply #54309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boys will do well for tigers and yeah girls will struggle once again!

Reply #54312 | Report this post

ITK  
Years ago

It will probably be the only boys tiger team that will do well at anything.

Reply #54346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lmao, like the Tigers braaged all this last season, starting ealry I see again!

Reply #54349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i reckon sturt will be v. good, even without langford, is mesecke still coaching them??

North will dominate, their first years are v. good and second years are also elite.

the majority of the southern team last year were first years, i think that they're being a tad underestimated...

(Mod: Deleted. Read the Forum guidelines.)

Reply #54952 | Report this post

Porter fan!  
Years ago

yeah i agree porter does rule

Reply #55121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt will be fine with coach Paul Mesecke and players such as Kara Hargreaves and Jessica McPhail

Reply #55869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and spanna dont forget spanna shes wicked

Reply #58774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is spanna?

Reply #58809 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 pm, Sat 4 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754