TimberBall
Years ago

Indigenous Jerseys

They've just been released on First Ever/NBL store.

Thoughts?

https://www.nblstore.com.au/collections/indigenous-jerseys

Topic #46725 | Report this topic

Ball Time  
Years ago

In a word Adelaide's is SUPERB!

Reply #786755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too bad they are First Ever junk.

Poor quality. Peeling after one wash.

Absolute blight on the NBL

Reply #786756 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Bogut yet to tweet about it in a negative, condescending way. Well done Andrew!

Reply #786757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers, Melbourne and Phoenix are sweet! Others range from meh to my eyes are burning.

Reply #786759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big fan of MU's!

Reply #786762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine coming on a topic of indigenous jerseys to talk about a bogut tweet. He just mighT be in your head Curtley. Seek help

Reply #786763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look pretty cool to me

Reply #786764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine coming on a topic of indigenous jerseys to say that some of them make your eyes burn.

Reply #786765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Indigenous design should be a staple on NBL jerseys.....makes them uniquely Australian!

Reply #786767 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Did the 36ers pay the designer? hehehehe

Reply #786772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm finding the first ever gear as good if not better than previous manufacturing, I don’t understand the hate.

Reply #786774 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Awesome did Tyson Demos design the Hawks jersey?

(Assumed this is why he is on staff)

Reply #786779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't believe Adelaides is decent.

Reply #786781 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The only thing more consistent than Cotton in the clutch is Reality posting subtle racism on Hoops any opportunity that arises.

Reply #786782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with Angus.

Reply #786783 | Report this post

Better efforts across the board, i suppose that happens when you use external designers. Pity that Adelaide still stuck with a predominantly white strip though. It's like they're not allowed to use the club colours at all. Every alternate jersey is in white.

Reply #786784 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

I'm a big fan of Perth's and Brisbane's. Not trying to be subtle which is great. Great also that they have put the story of the design (for most teams). Agree that these should be a staple in the league.

Reply #786785 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Love 'em!

Reply #786790 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Agreed they look good!

Also agreed Chairman, it's annoying between the city jersey, the looney tunes jersey and the indigenous jersey that it's white jerseys!

Although, works well in this particular scenario

Reply #786791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't normally get a boner for jerseys one way or the other but I think Adelaide's have been impressive in both the LT and the indigenous.

Reply #786793 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Pretty much like them all. Though the Hawks design looks too light on the white and some of the Bullets artwork is positioned like painted-on kidneys!

Reply #786794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not hard for first Evers stuff to be better than ever. It's been shite a long time.

Reply #786795 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that most of the people commenting on the indigenous jersey designs are referring to the artwork rather than the physical jersey construction/quality

Reply #786796 | Report this post

The Demos remark was poor.

Reply #786798 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Awesome! Congrats to all involved, the jerseys look great!

Reply #786801 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

The Demos Remark was just straight up Racist

Reply #786802 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Definitely the best Wildacts jersey I've seen in awhile, the other gimmicky jerseys have been terrible, these are great. Could be good to take a part of these designs and have them on the regular uniforms to recognise the indigenous Aussies.

Reply #786805 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Definitely the best Wildacts jersey I've seen in awhile"

I agree, just hope it isn't a repeat of the govt's "Alinta" fiasco.
The story SOUNDS great, but "Mandalas" are part of Eastern religions and cultures, such as Hynusism, Buddism, etc.

Cocentric Circles do play an important role in many forms of Indigenous art, I just don't like applying the term "Mandala".

If this is an authentic Indigenous depiction of our story, then fantastic!
I just hope it wasn't designed by another Eddie Burrup.

Reply #786809 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I'd say these are, across the board, the best designed NBL jersies in a long time. Certainly the best "special edition" types.

Reply #786816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone else noticed the decline in the quality of jerseys this season?

Thinner material than last season, fit also a little different and not as comfortable overall.

FE has obviously trimmed production costs.

Reply #786818 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

@AngusH simple observation as its not like he is doing any coaching

Reply #786820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Right.

Reply #786825 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

^

(anon there was me)

On a less sarcastic note, these are probably the most consistently good jerseys from all the special jersey rounds we've had. They aren't all great, but none of them are bad and a few are really nice.

Reply #786826 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

nothing says culture like dots and squiggles

Reply #786827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh, so you've gone from suggesting that Demos is only in a token role, to just mocking the culture completely? Cool.

Reply #786828 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

"FE has obviously trimmed production costs."

Where are they made? It is not unusual for these garment factories to gradually creep lower quality products to cut costs for themselves, so it mightn't be First Ever's fault. First Ever wouldn't have a dedicated factory for themselves, they'd have a contract with a clothing factory overseas. The business conduct of some of these clothing factories can be very poor.

Reply #786835 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Par for the course with Reality, at least he gave up any pretense of masking it behind an observation this time.

Reply #786837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm just going to leave this here...

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/46036-shut-up-and-dribble/#p767075

Reply #786838 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

These are almost all excellent. I hope matching shorts were designed for these jerseys too. I see a problem with the Cairns design once players tuck them into their shorts. I would've liked to see the Cairns design to cover the entire jersey.

Although my favourite indigenous design jersey -- and possibly all-time favourite NBL jersey -- remains the Hawks indigenous jersey designed by Hawks intern Harry Pitt in late 2018.

With all the controversy surrounding the Sixers indigenous jersey design last year, I wonder if the designers will be credited for each of their designs.

Reply #786839 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Can't we all be nice.

The jerseys look good.

Has it really been one whole year since we had the Adelaide art-for-free-tickets debacle? Or is this the one?

Reply #786844 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Yeah they all look pretty great.
Love that Breakers jersey has more traditional colours of black and red instead of trying to incorporate the Maori design into the black/blue club colours.

Reply #786845 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Yes I am no expert in the drawings and symbols....I was going to ask the NZ fans if the patterns in the Kiwi Bird was an NZ indigenous design. I really like that one.

Reply #786849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz questioning the credentials of Dr Richard Walley OAM might be my favourite post of his ever

Reply #786850 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

#786838 Haha, oof.

Australia's basketball hero for the last 5-6 years is Patty Mills.
Basketball has formed its popularity on the back African-Americans such as Jordan, Shaq & LeBron.
China represents the largest basketball fan base in the world.
Some Eastern European countries virtually live basketball and nothing else (Lithuania for instance!)

Surely, if you are a fan of basketball and immersed in its inherently diverse community - with the benefit of not being isolated, that ought to trigger a semblance of rationality in respect of culture and race?

Now perhaps Reality just doesn't appreciate art and the stories they tell. Look, i'm the same, I go to the Louvre blankly stare at a few paintings until I feel like the amount of time spent justifies the amount I paid for my ticket and leave the place no better off apart from being able to say "I went to the Louvre".

Or perhaps it's just pure stubborn racism, c'est la vie.

Reply #786852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's not the same thing at all.
Racism should be deleted on sight. It is especially disgusting to be allowed in this thread.

Reply #786854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Breakers had a competition for kids to design the jersey, and the team voted on the winning design. A nice idea and the jersey looks pretty good!

Reply #786861 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Lovebroker, they're called Koru and represent the unfurling of native fern and have lots of spiritual meaning to Maori and are prevalent in carvings and tattoo.

Reply #786863 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Wow, a minor came up with that lovely design?

Hope he/she got a nice prize / recognition by the team.

I really like that jersey but I am not going to wear an NZ Breakers jersey on the streets nor to social basketball.

Bahh...what a shame.

Reply #786866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deleting Reality's racist comments won't change his thinking or make racism obsolete. I'd prefer they were left there so the next time he starts a thread telling black athletes to shut up and dribble, everyone else knows exactly what his agenda is.

Reply #786867 | Report this post

Plus the forum knows how racist and stupid he is.

Reply #786870 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:17 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754