Anonymous
Years ago

Sydney Kings' Deshon Taylor to be released

Taylor will be released in the next week or so .. due to Lisch & Moller coming back, was just starting to figure it out
Rough year for the rookie

Topic #46796 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If true it's unfortunate as he’s got better and better as the weeks have passed. It could be a budgetary measure as you would think Walker would’ve been a better option to let go.
If Lisch or Moller or anyone else gets injured is he allowed to return ? Is there any truth in rumour he’s at Perth next season ?

Reply #789181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cut walker

Reply #789182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cut walker, I second that

Reply #789183 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Taylor is an injury replacement, they can't keep him once Moller comes back.

Reply #789184 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

They bought him out of his club just for a temp replacement gig?

Sydney must be making huge money.

Reply #789186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bringing Lisch & Moller back will take them at least a month to be 100% themselves, I think it will hurt them more than help at this point of the season

Reply #789187 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

If they had a roster spot free, why wouldn't they be able to retain him?

Reply #789190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they cut Walker that gives them roster spot, though with Bogut in a Zimmer frame that might not be wise.

Reply #789191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could all be BS though as there was post on here last week saying Moller wasn't coming back..

Reply #789192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cut moller

Reply #789194 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

He's playing well and they want a championship.

Can't see them letting him go easily.

Reply #789195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the kings will keep him on standby in case Bogut needs time off.

Reply #789197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would Perth want Taylor with Cotton already there!?

Reply #789208 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

If they had a roster spot free, why wouldn't they be able to retain him?
Because he's an injury replacement.

Reply #789210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man there are so many idiots here that simply don't understand the rules.
If you don't know simply don't post please!

Reply #789212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have to take Lisch to Perth and play him so that he qualifies for the finals. Three games left and he needs to play in all three if he wants to be eligible. Taylor was a replacement for him, ergo, if Lisch comes back Taylor is released. FWIW, I think Lisch should sit out the rest of the season. Too much of a risk bringing him back now.

Reply #789216 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Why would Perth want Taylor with Cotton already there!?"

Two different types of players. If Perth did sign him it would be to help replace some of Martin's defence. Unless Cotton gets naturalised, it would rely on them getting a quality local C or SF to free up an import spot.

Reply #789217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lunch needs to qualify. He may not play. Only if needed. Imo bringing him back now isn't the right thing to do. Moller is the right thing to do.

Reply #789220 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

Not related to him being released (obviously that's unavoidable if he's an injury replacement). But I think he could be a really good signing as a budget import. Admittedly he's still got a bit of work to go, but any time I've seen him on the court he looks like he's active and willing to put forth effort, which IMO you can't teach.

Reply #789221 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

"Because he's an injury replacement."

No kidding, I understand that, but with a roster spot and import slot open why couldn't they "re-sign" him?

Reply #789223 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Bugger! Enjoyed watching him go around this season. Hopefully the Kings can work something out, maybe move some players.

Reply #789261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide might pick him up as a injury replacement for Moore

Reply #789269 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Because he's an injury replacement"
"Man there are so many idiots here that simply don't understand the rules.
If you don't know simply don't post please!"

ROFL
If you actually knew the rules, then you'd know that firstly he can be re-signed to replace a "season-ending" injury,
and secondly that he can be re-signed outside that, with the permission of the league. (Which they have already given at least once.)

If there is any doubt over Moller or Lisch, I'm sure Sydney would try to keep him around.

Reply #789290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm hearing Rumors about him taking over at the 1 next year if Cotton can be naturalized ... Taylor, White & Cotton with other Perth players were all out together after the game this weekend

Would be a great underrated pick up...can guard and knock down shots & pass why not ?

Reply #790597 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:10 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754