Jack Toft
Years ago

United v Cats Jan 29

When you assemble a super duper team of basketball players, you better get results, not languish mid table like some budget team. But Perth are second and travelling well. Not like their opponents, the Super super-duper team who look like missing out on finals to Brisbane.

Giving up your finals spot to Cairns is forgivable. They deserve to be in finals this season after punching above their weight and the competition needs Cairns to make a GF every so often. But giving up your spot for Brisbane is like giving up a seat on the bus to a spoilt private school kid thinking there's another, better seat on the bus.

Dis-United look like they will miss finals unless they can really play out of their skin. Perth have locked in their usual finals spot and Cats fans always book their annual leave to watch finals games a year in advance. Tonight, Melbourne will need to dig deep against this slick team from the west if they are to make an assault on the flag. United look done and do not look like a happy team from where I sit.

Prof. Jack's only question will be whether CG43 or the Flopstaff can outflop each other in a guarding contest. My postulation will be that Newton's third law will be tested.

No walk in the park for either team, but Melbourne are not in the game mentally and as a result they have already lost and just going through the motions.

Perth by 2

Topic #46799 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

I'd be happy if both teams somehow wind up with a loss tonight.

Reply #789224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne at home with the roof open so this feels like a 50-50 one. Their season is on the line and the refs will be under instructions to keep them in the playoff race so United by 4.

Reply #789225 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Plumlee has been a game changer.

Team needs to all buy in, every possession defense and offense. Hitting the glass is a must. Long, Trimble and Goulding need to step up and create scoreboard pressure.

This is it. Is United hungry? Is United.....United?

Reply #789226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United has been poor all season, and completely horrible over the last month. They're done and look like they can’t wait for the season to be over. Perth by 20

Reply #789228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't see how people are giving United a chance? It’s so or die for them, for a reason! They have been terrible disconjointed and flat.

Perth by plenty.

Reply #789229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't see Perth losing again this season. Lots talk on how poor Trimble has been but Long just as bad.

Perth by 16.

Reply #789230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" But giving up your spot for Brisbane is like giving up a seat on the bus to a spoilt private school kid thinking there's another, better seat on the bus."

Were you on the Minda bus when you wrote that?

Reply #789231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Melbourne with the roof open, feels like a 50-50 one"
Stupidest quote of the Year already.

Reply #789232 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Why are people giving United a chance?

Maybe cos they smashed Perth last time, and were unlucky not to win the 2 before that.

Reply #789235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Melbourne with the roof open, feels like a 50-50 one"
Stupidest quote of the Year already.

Reply #789236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the roof was closed would it be United 25% and Perth 75%? Hahahaha

Reply #789237 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Watch Long turn into a 3pt shooter like he does every time he goes up against a 5 man that's bigger than him.

Reply #789239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Maybe cos they smashed Perth last time, and were unlucky not to win the 2 before that."

And since then their form has been shithouse.

Reply #789241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone mentioned it in another thread - United as a team just go through the motions.

Yes they run their plays though they basically just pass the ball around the perimeter with no real purpose. The players don't play for each other (main culprits being Trimble & Long). United is basically the polar opposite of Perth in terms of being a 'team'.

Reply #789243 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Nicely put, anon #243

Reply #789248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The entire post of #225 is utterly ridiculous

Reply #789250 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Hope I'm wrong, but I feel this is the type of game the Cats will drop. :/

Reply #789255 | Report this post

I hope you're wrong too Senator 11.

Reply #789256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel like the Kobe news would have hit the Perth players harder than Melbourne so United by 4.

Reply #789257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV my 36ers beat Perth as well, and look how shit they are. Current form is all that matters. United haven't gotten the mental game locked in enough to win this one.

Reply #789266 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Perth are still working it out with Plumlee, he dominated but it was at the expense of Cotton's 3pt shot (think I read he only took 1 after half time) and Terriko's play. That combined with a bench unit that has not done much in the last few weeks I can see the Cat's dropping this one... hope I'm wrong

Reply #789294 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I have no special insight.

But Perth are due for a loss and United are due for a win.

Perth may be focused on the Sydney game instead.

Reply #789300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CLICHE OVERLOAD!!!!

Reply #789301 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

White ruled out:
https://thewest.com.au/sport/perth-wildcats/perth-wildcats-suffer-huge-injury-blow-with-terrico-white-ruled-out-just-hours-before-melbourne-united-clash-ng-b881446932z

Does give United an opening.

Reply #789303 | Report this post

Bill Scibilia  
Years ago

United for me now :)

Reply #789305 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Klay Steindl to explode.

Reply #789306 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

The way White played on Saturday...glad it was an injury because he was rubbish. Steindle will step up.

Reply #789308 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

After the White injury update the odds have reversed and now United are favourites with some books. Fill up time on the 'Cats to fund this year's Hoops Christmas Party?

Reply #789324 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Have the Cats ever won an open roof game?

Reply #789327 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"Have the Cats ever won an open roof game?"

I don't honestly ever remember playing an open roof game?

Reply #789329 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

My recollection was there was one a couple of seasons ago and maybe one in the 90's against the Magic?

Reply #789330 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

Look, Melbourne deserves to be favourites, we will try our best to get the win, but they will be tough to defend on their home court. Melbourne favourites but we will be having a crack. I got to go as Foxtel wants a pregame interview.

Reply #789335 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

Lost the last open roof game, all depends on the mind set of both team's. United are good enough and if Perth want it enough.

Reply #789343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

""Melbourne with the roof open and white out, feels like a 90% -10% one"
Corrected.

Reply #789346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pledger is out as well, so we're even!

Reply #789348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wtf he wasn't even shooting when he grabbed the ring!!

Reply #789350 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah strange call there, but can't say I’ve seen many/any defenders hang off the rim off a shot fake, either.

Reply #789351 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not sure why Mitch is complaining there, his backcourt buddy gets that call all the time.

Doesn't look like a great crowd for United.

Reply #789352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United with the cooking early, a finger on goulding and he shoots, cotton earlier, nothing.

Reply #789353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5 fouls to 0... but no cooking here

Reply #789354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would make the rest of the season much more interesting if Melbourne lose this game.... unfortunately Perth hasn't been good so far. If Melbourne win this I think they’ll make playoffs.

Reply #789355 | Report this post

No Moore Please  
Years ago

Perth win = Melb cooked, wasted money, should have paid Randle...
Melb win = Home cooking!
Yawn!

Reply #789356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth have not turned up tonight.

Reply #789357 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Not having Terrico hurts the Wildcats. Allows double teaming on Cotton. No one else can stand up.

Reply #789358 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Good strategy by Melb to go at Plumlee and go inside and get him his 2nd foul. They've been a shell of themselves since he left the court, outside of some Cotton brilliance.

Reply #789359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can you not love Gazey.

Reply #789360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn it Perth, I was relying on you tonight (as a Breakers fan, lol).

Reply #789361 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

God Long is awful defensively.

Reply #789362 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Seriously, these closed roof games the shooting is always terrible, just give up on them.

Reply #789363 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Is the crowd painted on? Really need to fix the mics on these games as there is no atmosphere coming through over the commentating stream.

Reply #789364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And after a good start, DisUnited to fall apart and lose by 10+

Reply #789365 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Isn't Melbourne Park hosting the tennis?

Reply #789366 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Wildcats can't shoot 3s, can't see them winning as they need to penetrate but are a bad team at finishing around the basket.

Reply #789369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne Park is hosting the tennis. Melbourne United organise an "AO game", not included in annual membership, where you get to pay extra money (more than a normal game) for the privilege of attending the tennis on a school day with a ground pass that enables you to watch some Junior games and maybe a couple of doubles. I'll be amazed if there is a half decent crowd with a shitty proposition like this... and I like both tennis and basketball!

Reply #789370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did the shot clock reset from a tap, there was clearly no control!

Reply #789372 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Melbourne making shooting themselves in the foot an art form.

Reply #789373 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Corey, Long just had a touch on the block against a smaller defender and threw it out to the perimeter instead of going up with it as the double team came, I imagine that's why h's on the bench.

Reply #789374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel like the Kobe news would have hit the Perth players harder than Melbourne = What? Why?

Reply #789375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Isn't Melbourne Park hosting the tennis?" Are people really that out of touch with the real world? That's the 2nd most stupidest quote of the year in ONE day!

Reply #789377 | Report this post

shake n bake  
Years ago

Melbourne on 5 fouls = Still home cooking or??

Reply #789378 | Report this post

Dan & Mody  
Years ago

"Isn't Melbourne Park hosting the tennis?" Are people really that out of touch with the real world? That's the 2nd most stupidest quote of the year in ONE day!

This is Hoops Forum, dont rule out the possibility of a more stupid comment just around the corner!

Reply #789379 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Mitch Norton should be banned from driving to the hoop.

Reply #789380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne Fan but Smith Milner isnt NBL quality...

Reply #789381 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Vintage flop from Wagstaff, not rewarded.

Reply #789382 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

And the SBS feed is dead

Reply #789383 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hahaha hahahahahahahahahaha Wagstaff

Reply #789384 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

SBS on Demand has died

Reply #789385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huddo is the new Dwanye.... Stop yelling

Reply #789386 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

That airball floater by Plumlee. Wow.

Reply #789387 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Norton again driving right into defenders.

Reply #789388 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Stiendl airball. Way to waste the run. Awful.

Reply #789390 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Hoops Christmas Party is officially cancelled.

Reply #789392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings are winning it all. Thats what I take out of this game.

Reply #789393 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Norton should be sacked so should open air games

Reply #789394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The stein is a liability too! Sydney would be loving this display

Reply #789395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't we for LV to re-emerge and explain why Melbourne are again title favourites.

Reply #789396 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

SBS froze again, in the shot, Norton on the ground. Surprise surprise! Sack him.

Reply #789397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steindl probably on around 200g, horrible game , swankibolo probably on 65g good game. White a massive out for Perth. Sydney should not lose top spot now even if lose in Perth.

Reply #789398 | Report this post

Tribe  
Years ago

SBS on demand kept fucking freezing during the last quarter. Least Melbourne got the W so I'm happy about that.

Reply #789399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was an ugly game.

Reply #789400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steindl probably on around 200g, horrible game , swankibolo probably on 65g good game.

You just made both of those numbers up.

Reply #789401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it sbs or just Australian shit internet. It goes from great to shit. On to the tennis now.

Reply #789402 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Hoops, where every single regular season loss dramatically signals the end of a team's championship chances.

Reply #789403 | Report this post

Vodka63  
Years ago

One good thing about Martin's absence is that it should have by now convinced the Wildcats that Norton is not up to be the starting PG next season. Last quarter, 7 points down, still 18 on the shot clock, drives into 4 defenders. Turnover, score, game over. He does these dumb drives every week and doesn’t seem to learn

Reply #789404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth down two starters, and couldn't hit a wide open 3 in the open arena. Pity it gives sydney top spot. But hardly an indicator of what perth can do, hopefully homocide writes them off, last thing we need is his support.

Reply #789405 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

Shit game all round, Sydney lock up top spot now down to Perth and cairns for top 2.

Reply #789408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steindl was going to SEM , Perth raised the offer to keep him. I know Perth supporters think their players play for love but they don't. I’m waiting to see United go after Kay next season, that’s going to be a good laugh.

Reply #789409 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United played hard on D. The effort was there.

But the offense was too often sloppy and going through the motions.

No Martin, no White, Plumlee hampered by foul trouble, Perth missing everything from outside, anything less than a double digit win is unacceptable

JLA, Kidd stood up. Satisfying to see. Those two could be wildcards from here, given Barlow is struggling.

Gaze is right- not a playoff level performance. But still in the hunt.

Good to get the season series against Perth, could've very easily been a sweep too.

Reply #789410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd much rather see Brisbane in the playoffs over that united team. They’re awful to watch.

Reply #789412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I'm waiting to see United go after Kay next season, that’s going to be a good laugh"

He’s under contract next year already

Reply #789413 | Report this post

oh no

Reply #789417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Option, contracts are not worth the paper there written on anyway.

Reply #789418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would think perth is keeping kay, would you want to go to that happy utd team?

Reply #789419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I know Perth supporters think their players play for love but they don't"

No one said Perth players play for love or for free. But those numbers above are made up so the entire premise of your point is irrelevant.

Reply #789420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently the Perth players were abused and/or threatened after the game tonight. Anyone see or hear it?

Reply #789429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard someone yell out "flop" to Wagstaff during the fourth quarter. Was that it? Or maybe it was when the goodbye music played when Plumlee fouled out (again), and Gleeson (I assume) got the tech?

Reply #789431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was after the game when cooldowns finished and the players were walking off

Reply #789433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norton's a rotation player, but best used as a backup. If you’re asking him to be one of your main facilitators you won’t go very far. I just don’t understand those kamikaze drives he does into the trees.

Reply #789436 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Gees our bench is crap.
When everything is going well, they can light it up, but call on them to step up into starting roles, and they shit the bed.

I don't think anyone has ever said Norton is a gun. The question was whether he would fit into a Perth lineup that doesn't really on the PG to score heavily. He's been a fantastic backup for an ageing Damo. But he's not a 30 minute starter, especially with no backup.
And FMD I have no damn idea why he persists with those drives into the defenders. I was sick of watching that 3 games ago, and its getting worse.

Steindl needs to see a shrink, or something. One game he's unstoppable, the next he's off target, and then he just loses his bottle completely.

3 games ago, Jook played the best game I have ever seen from him. Tonight he was back to being crap, and looking like he didn't know his role.
Some of those fouls on Plums were a bit stiff, and I don't expect Jook to replicate what he does, but between the two we should be able to get 40 aolid minutes, even if all Jook is doing is crashing the boards. We lead the league in O-Boards and tonight we got pasted.

Reply #789437 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Take 2 starters out of a team and get a 3rd into foul trouble and they're suddenly not unstoppable. Major eureka moment.
I hope Bryce is ok.

Reply #789439 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Apparently the Perth players were abused and/or threatened after the game tonight. Anyone see or hear it?

It was after the game when cooldowns finished and the players were walking off

Angry Cats fans?

Reply #789443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was at the game last night and I was hoping to see Luke Travers, after following him for years as a junior. Any insight into why he was not there? Thank you.

Reply #789446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a DP so doesnt play away games.

Reply #789447 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

You ain't going to win to many games when you shot 2 from 19 from the 3pt line, nothing else cost us the game last night other than that, we seem to live and die by the three, last night we died.

Reply #789449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plumlee getting himself into foul trouble didnt help. Cats can shoot at that clip but dominate the offensive glass and still win, and they've done it before.

Reply #789451 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

"Steindl needs to see a shrink, or something. One game he's unstoppable, the next he's off target, and then he just loses his bottle completely."

Such a large percentage of Steindl's points come off of low % shots, it shouldn't be that surprising. Some games he knocks them down, but most he doesn't. I always say I'd rather see Steindl jacking up contested 3s than Cotton or White any time we play Perth. If he catches fire and drops 20 on you, so be it.

Reply #789458 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Steindl is still shooting 39% for the season, which is fine IMO. It's better than Terrico.
Some nights they won't fall but it's not like anything else was working for us either. Shit happens.

Reply #789461 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the refs were very average both ways.

A lot of calls that didn't impact the game in anyway, only to see similar contact let go up the other end.

I get that teams/coaches are always looking to get the other team past 4 fouls and into the bonus but apart from that there were way to many calls that could have been let go and made the game flow and not have key players on the bench with foul trouble.

It must be very frustrating for players to try and adjust.

It didn't impact the end result as MU were the better team on the night and Wildcats missed Martin and White.

Reply #789462 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Lost that game by continually jacking it up from the 3 point line.

Reply #789467 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Lost that game because Melbourne played better than us.
You can't just say ok let's not shoot threes anymore this game, and expect to win. The game plan relies on perimeter shooting being a weapon.
Plenty of negatives in that game for the Cats but personally I'm fine with filing it under "open air games are always shit" and moving on.
Really ugly game all round but United did a better job of finding things that worked. They defended us very well too.

Reply #789474 | Report this post

Raas  
Years ago

I dont know how Steindl's % is that high. I feel like the entire season he has missed an epic amount of shots, and only in the past 3 or 4 games he was magically sinking some.
But again, this game is taking wild off balance shots at TERRIBLE times, when we need an easy confidence boosting 2 pts.

Not sure about the Norton bagging going on, I like that he drives and tries to break things up.

IMO, get rid of Steindl, Vague, Britt, and even Terrico has been dismal.

MAN i miss Prather......

Reply #789491 | Report this post

Raas  
Years ago

Oh, and add Gleeson to the cut list.....

WTF is he thinking by keeping Steindl, playing Vague instead of Majok, and playing Britt instead of Buluk for so long.

Britt turns the ball over and looks generally scared dribbling.

Reply #789492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this what Cat Chat is like? I keep hearing about it and for some reason I feel like this poster above represents the quality of conversations there.

Reply #789496 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"I was at the game last night and I was hoping to see Luke Travers, after following him for years as a junior. Any insight into why he was not there? Thank you."
I don't know exactly how it works. Could be that the Cats haven't actually promoted anyone to replace Martin as an Injury replacement, such that Britt was playing as our one allowed DP.

Reply #789498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sack everyone after one bad game? Far out!

Reply #789499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steindl is a down hill skier, makes them at will when cats leading easily, air ball went confronting good D and team needs points.

Reply #789502 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Steindl has to take off balance shots, other teams know how lethal he is from outside, so he rarely gets the chance to spot up for an easier shot. Most of his plays are set up on catching the ball at the same time as going around a screen so he gets that space for a free shot. Not ideal, but it's what they practice and the best way for him to get involved on offence.

P.S. Can open air games. RAC can do open air games too, do we do it, no, cos we don't need some dumb gimmick to sell tickets that takes away from the quality of the game.

Reply #789505 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Terrico was expected to play or you probably would have seen travers, the shooting hurt us but when you consider the foul trouble by midway in the first we were down 2 permanent starters (Martin and white), plumlee, Norton, and soon after Major, even Britt had town in the first. I'd say that caused us some issues.

Reply #789507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Could be that the Cats haven't actually promoted anyone to replace Martin as an Injury replacement, such that Britt was playing as our one allowed DP."

Britt is Martin's replacement, and DP's only play home games. They don't travel with the team unless they have been promoted as injury replacements.

Reply #789508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"we don't need some dumb gimmick to sell tickets that takes away from the quality of the game."

Judging by the crowd, Melbourne need a new gimmick to sell tickets

Reply #789509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White does a lot more than score, he was sorely missed.

Reply #789511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth don't do it because they have a bloody massive cube scoreboard hanging from said roof!! SMH. Some people are stupid.

Reply #789515 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"Perth don't do it because they have a bloody massive cube scoreboard hanging from said roof!! SMH. Some people are stupid."

Dickhead, this goes under the floor for Hopman Cup so the roof can be open. Another flog anon.

"White does a lot more than score, he was sorely missed."

Stops double teams on Cotton for 1!

Reply #789518 | Report this post

Raas  
Years ago

Steindl lethal from outside??!?
This conversation keeps happening, even the commentators call him "Sniper". When has he earned this?
He had about three games where he was connecting. Nick Kay has been more reliable from outside.
I dont see how he has earned the right to throw up wild outside shots, he really isn't a threat to any team unless he is having a rare lucky night. He even misses sitters.
Granted, he has a nice inside drive with his height, which i wish he would do more.

"...one bad game fire everyone" Have you seen one bad game, or several??

I love Terrico, but if he is only going launch threes in the 4th quarter of a finals game, then thats a worry. He doesn't defend, he has slow offensive movement, and he certainly isnt aggressive enough inside. I only hope he gets more confidence to drive with the support of Plumlee drawing defenders attention.

Reply #789519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where are you going to put the scores Einstein? Your replays? How are you going to do your crowd activations etc? Who's the dickhead?

Reply #789521 | Report this post

The dickhead  
Years ago

I am. Who cares about the scores. Scores are just a social construct man. Don't be such a sheeple. Live your life in full live UHD and you won't need any replays man. The clearest view comes after you take the technology away man it's like whoah. Detox your basketball. That's real activation.

Reply #789531 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

So how do they show replays/scores etc during the Tennis? There are big screens at either end of the stadium, common sense is a wonderful thing when you have access to it.

Reply #789552 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Perth don't do it because they have a bloody massive cube scoreboard hanging from said roof!! SMH. Some people are stupid.
So does Melbourne when they have the roof on.

"Perth don't do it because they have a bloody massive cube scoreboard hanging from said roof!! SMH. Some people are stupid."

Dickhead, this goes under the floor for Hopman Cup so the roof can be open. Another flog anon.
Under the floor?

Reply #789561 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"Under the floor?"

I have been told the floor opens up and the "massive cube" lowers under the floor. No idea if its true, but it is what I was told...

Reply #789563 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I just emailed RAC Arena to find out once and for all where that cubic mass disappears too when not in use. :P

Reply #789566 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The tennis floor is permanent. The frame for the score cube would just go out the back, but I'm pretty sure the scoreboard panels themselves just get reassembled into flat screens for the tennis.

Reply #789576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne have 4 massive screens plus the cube

Reply #789579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut bought the Kings a screen but it was illegal.

Reply #789584 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Who was the guy (coaching staff or something) wearing sunnies on his head on the wildcats bench?

Looked very unprofessional! Like he had come from a bbq or something!

Sort your shit out Cats!

Reply #789590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looked like he was trying to protect his eyes from something.... With sunglasses... Wonder what it could have been...

Reply #789591 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"DP's only play home games. They don't travel with the team unless they have been promoted as injury replacements"

Err, no

Those rules were changed 3~4 years ago.
Teams can now take one DP on the road, and play 2 at home.
Travers has travelled, as a DP, for some games.

When Wani was out injured at the start of the year, they promoted Pozoglou to replace him. Presumably because they knew it would be long term.

I don't know if they bothered formerly replacing Damo. Need is minimal when they can play Britt as a DP anyway.

Furthermore Travers has gained minimal court time anayway, and is more of a long-term prospect. So I doubt he would have played much even if they had taken him.

Reply #789601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Travers has travelled, as a DP, for some games."

He would have been upgraded to the full roster in the absences of either Wani, Poz or Steindl.

Britt was upgraded to replace Martin, as announced when Martin first injured himself.

Reply #789613 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"The tennis floor is permanent. The frame for the score cube would just go out the back, but I'm pretty sure the scoreboard panels themselves just get reassembled into flat screens for the tennis."

Could be.

The whole point was that RAC can do open roof too, but we don't cos it doesn't make any sense and is a stupid idea.

Reply #789665 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

Wildcats needs to play Pozoglou more. He is a gun and future star. He will end up l I'm e Goulding. DP for the Wildcats, no court time, left Wildcats, becomes superstar.

Reply #789684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In place of who?

Reply #789689 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Since there's no Cats vs Kings thread yet, I'll chuck this here

@SydneyKings
INJURY UPDATE:
Andrew Bogut (back) and Didi Louzada (knee) have not travelled with the team and will miss Saturday's Round 18 clash against the Perth Wildcats.

Reply #789702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Bogut or Didi, but word on the street is Lisch will be suiting up. No word on MVP Moller though

Reply #789708 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"The whole point was that RAC can do open roof too, but we don't cos it doesn't make any sense and is a stupid idea."

Indeed

Reply #789711 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

And I disagree with all those posturing the fake maturity saying "oh well shit happens", etc.

This was a diabolical performance by Perth.

Melbourne are done. They were done before the game, and they're still done now.
Perth on the other hand, have had a few opportunities to make a real crack at top spot, but inevitably stumble over teams they should be beating.
What's missing is that "killer instinct" they've had in past years.

Our only saving grace is that Cairns have 3 difficult road games to finish. They're unlikely to overhaul us, and should be easy pickings in the SF.

Unfortunately we have handed 1st place to Sydney on a Silver Platter, giving them the opportunity to rest their ageing legs, give Moller every chance to get back to fitness, and carry Lisch through the last 3 games.

Look at last season (and previous.) When Starters went down the Bench would step up. But on Wednesday the entire bench was crap.

The Finals are going to be interesting. The cats are the best Finals team, and Trev the best coach. Typically a couple of players will lift and play their asses off. Who will it be this year?

Reply #789846 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

In relation to massive cube at RAC Arena. It can remain suspended with the roof open as long as it doesn't interfere with other production equipment, otherwise it is dismantled and stored away.

Reply #790434 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:01 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754