Isaac
Years ago

Jonah Bolden signs 10-day with Phoenix Suns

Phoenix only have one actual game (against GSW) between now and Feb 22!

Topic #46880 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely this means they're automatically going to sign him to a second? Mysore wanted to get a look before others swooped.

Reply #792539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps an opportunity to lock up rest of season and get some decent playing time.

Reply #792543 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Same team as Aron Baynes. Maybe Baynesy can put him ina few snug headlocks for the world cup and then they can move forward from the absolute travesty that Bolden committed. And then, and only then, should he be reconsidered for any Boomers' role.

Reply #792546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What? He's a shoe in for the boomers

Reply #792548 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"What? He's a shoe in for the boomers"

Did you miss that he abandoned the team when it wasn't run perfectly to his liking?

Reply #792551 | Report this post

Frenchy91  
Years ago

I believe 10 day contracts are either the longer of 1) 10 days or 2) three games. The three games scenario only really occurs around all star weekend. So Jonah will have the next three games with Phoenix.

Reply #792552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you miss that he abandoned the team when it wasn't run perfectly to his liking?

Ok Boomer

Reply #792553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Ok Boomer"

that is a phrase Bolden won't be hearing any time soon

Reply #792560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would he?
Different coach different team different comp different world.
All Bolden will hear is let's go boomers. Bring it on

Reply #792563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bolden is far from a lock for the Boomers.

Reply #792564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bolden was just cut by the coach of the Boomers. How are people not joining the dots on that and his future with the national team .

Reply #792565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think it means Brown has removed him from Olympics calculations.
Could have been amicable, Brown might want to see a Bolden get more opportunities elsewhere since theres not much room for him at the 76ers.

That said i think theres only room for one of Bolden and Maker in Tokyo. And Maker > Bolden easily.

Reply #792567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We are trying to win our first ever medal against some tough opponents so we don't need any selfish prima donnas ruining the team culture

Reply #792572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The good news is that Thon Maker is a Boomer regardless of whether he makes the team

Reply #792576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That joke is old but still pretty good just like Thon

Reply #792577 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Agree with #567.

Just because he doesn't suit NBA doesn’t mean he won’t suit FIBA ball. Just because his skills didn’t suit that 76ers squad doesn’t mean he won’t suit the Boomers squad.

I would rate Maker’s experience higher than Bolden’s right now, although I think Bolden has a higher ceiling long-term.

HOWEVER if the problem is between his ears, then he won’t suit ANY squad.

Reply #792578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(We are trying to win our first ever medal against some tough opponents so we don't need any selfish prima donnas ruining the team culture)

So no Simmons then?

Reply #792584 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Even if you look past what Bolden did before the world cup, which we shouldn't, he is hardly a lock. I can admit he has some intriguing tools and all the potential in the world to be a very good player. But he's been cut from the 76ers, which suggests to me that Brown isn't totally sold on him. And while the NBA and FIBA basketball are different beasts, being cut by Brown likely would cause the same kind of animosity towards Brown that Bolden had for Lemanis, and at least suggests that while Simmons is an absolute lock, and if Thybulle makes himself available, he probably is too, questions still remain as to Brown's view on Bolden and vice versa.

Reply #792587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pell pushed bolden out

Reply #792588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both bolden and maker are locks for Tokyo.

Reply #792589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt the senior players in the Boomers consider Bolden a lock at all.

Reply #792593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he is having a great game against the GSW

Reply #792599 | Report this post

Red84  
Years ago

Thon won my allegiance the day he charged and scattered a pack of Filo's roughing up his team mate Sobey, who was laying defenceless on the floor. Enough said, Complete legend.

Reply #792605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thon also tried to convince Pistons to allow him to re-join the Boomers in Bolden's place when Bolden withdrew. Great team player who bleeds green and gold.

Reply #792613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rumours swirling Bolden is not happy backing up Ayton.
Could ask for a release to work on his game

Reply #792620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh is that the rumour you just made up then^?
Because that's not true, it’s just a made up rumour by some hobo.

Reply #792636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ joke straight over head!

Reply #792638 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Would have been great to bring in either Thon or Bolden when we were struggling and tired late in games at the World Champs. Real X Factor players who could change the flow of the game.

Bolden proved himself in the second game against Canada and was on his way up the depth chart. Unfortunately Jonah lost the plot and made himself much more difficult to include again.

Reply #792642 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

You need to be selfless playing for your country and not feel entitled to minutes/position etc.

Reply #792643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We would have won a medal at the world champs if we had someone which knew how to coach and lead. Don't see anyone bagging all the USA players which with drew before the tournament. He probably got a call from his his manager to fight for his career or play for his country which he was going to play 2nd fiddle to Bogut and the way Lemanis coaches with his game plan which doesn’t suit a 4 man. Brett Brown would have known that he wouldn’t get game time at the 76ers so to get him ready in courage him to look else where that’s why he go waived and hopefully this situation will help him just like Thon

Reply #792706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Play Bolden over Bogut? Guy is 35 and struggles to move at times, but id take him every time over Bolden.
I think the issue was more Nick Kay playing over him. It hurt his delicate feelings so he quit. Thats the crux of it.

The Bolden hype here is laughable. He has potential but has done NOTHING to date to prove he belongs with the big boys on a consistent basis.

Reply #792723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^^^
Not only the Bolden hype, so many others, even G league guys that barely play are instant boomers, it's laughable.

Reply #792725 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

I feel like sometimes people get excited by guys just because they look like basketball players. Bolden hasn't done anything yet. As for where he was in the Lemanis rotation, Lemanis has a system to run. If you don't know the system you're going to be behind the eight ball. Whose to say his minutes weren't going to increase dramatically once he learned his role? But no, he couldn't be patient. He couldn't prove to coaching staff he was good enough to leapfrog Kay and Landale (which I believe he could have done). Landale's form dropped during the Cup, and Bolden could have eaten those minutes. But no, his ego was hurt so he ran away with his tail between his legs.

As for the Team USA guys who dropped out, they didn't commit to the team, play the warm up games then bail, so that is no kind of comparison.

Reply #792726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"We would have won a medal at the world champs if we had someone which knew how to coach and lead."

I stopped reading here.

Reply #792728 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Is Baynes currently injured ?

Reply #792767 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Bolden isn't a better player than Nick Kaye in the FIBA game style its clear...Kaye's WC performance show that.

Bolden clearly has a body that is suited tot he NBA but its a very different game to FIBA

Bolden saw the writing on the wall and left.

Reply #792771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jonah is a lock for tokyo.
great performance against the warriors today

Reply #792902 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

This might sound ignorant but his Dad was an out and out legend but Jonah is getting by on his name more than anything he has done. I want to see him succeed but I think Bruce has been the far better player but Jonah still has the potential to have a very good career and I truly hope that he does and gives Boomers selectors a hard time on whether to pick him or not.

Reply #793238 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Well put, Proud. Bruce was a local legend but I think Jonah has a higher ceiling if he gets his head right.

Reply #793274 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Jonah's dad's name wouldn't be worth anything in Europe or the USA so I don't think it's fair to say he's getting by based on that. He's clearly a talented player.
Needs to get some consistency though. And an attitude adjustment, because the fragile ego he displayed in 2019 isn't going to do his Boomers chances or his pro career any favours. But that's fixable.

Reply #793283 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Didn't get a second 10-day according to Duane Rankin in Arizona.

Reply #794936 | Report this post

Reg  
Years ago

I hope we play a 3 out system to utilise Ben as much as possible.

Starters
Baynes
Ingles
Thybulle
Mills
Simmons

Rotation
2 Back Up C (2 of Maker/Bolden/Bogut/Landale)
3 Rotation Wings (Broekhoff & 2 of Cook/Goulding/Creek/Green)
2 Back Up PG (Exum and Delladova)

Reply #795321 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:15 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754