Anonymous
Years ago

When is Terrico White going to get involved in the game?

When is Terico gonna get involved in the game...he runs up the court and stands in the corner and watches Bryce run around like a maniac making all the moves...then he goes down the other end stands in the corner,does minimal defence..no defensive rebounding....then runs down the other end and watches Bryce again....If he shoots at goal he misses...doesnt do any offensive rebounding..Hardly ever sets a screen for Bryce...its like he deliberatly avoids being involved in the game.If he was to make half the effort that Bryce does Wildcats would be a far better team.Its seems to me that when Terico is on the court the Wildcats are playing with 4 players.
I knew that expecting him to turn it on in the finals like he did last year was gonna be a huge mistake...his form has been poor for the whole second half of the season.Time to give someone else a go whos gonna try and have a crack at it.
Am I missing something and being too harsh or is what Im seeing is for real..????

Topic #46999 | Report this topic

Cats for life  
Years ago

Wait until tomorrow night, been mia but has proven what he is capable of doing.

Reply #797123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its pretty much been like this since the second half of the season. Even when you watch him he shows little to no emotion.

Reply #797128 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

I have always thought him in the corners was a way to stretch the defence to keep a defender away from Cotton, and gives Cotton the option of drive and dish. At the same time I dont believe he is 100% healthy so perhaps that plays a part.

Something I actually discussed with my Dad on the weekend was will the Cats keep him for next season or move on?

Reply #797129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a nice player (and was obviously huge last year), but Perth need another ball handler. A guard or wing who can penetrate is what they're missing. Someone like Hopson or Machado would make them a dynamic team.

Reply #797132 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

Unless Perth get into and go back to back I can't see him returning. Need more consistent scoring, I'll take creek type of player to be honest. He is so good

Reply #797134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

leads the league in $$$ per effort put in

Reply #797136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does look to have regressed slightly this season.
We all know what he can do from last year's final. Don't see It happening this time.
Pressure is on Kay and Cotton.

Reply #797151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's been injured and had an interrupted season. Also, "showing no emotion" doesn't mean anything. Just because he isn't showing how he feels, it doesn't mean he isn't trying! You can't read everyone the same way. Anyone who has played knows that he will be feeling tremendous pressure and knows very well his performance will impact his next job. Hopefully he has a better game tonight.

Reply #797157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't ever show emotion. He still looks injured, and his defence is not as bad as it seems. It takes a real team player as an import to be willing to be used sparingly to spread the floor for another guy, i don't think you can underestimate that.

Reply #797162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If White doesn't come back it’s got more to do with age and injuries.

He’s a great fit for this team. If cotton becomes an Aussie then I think Terrico stays.

Reply #797187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrico will be here next year. Plays his role just right.

Reply #797243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's averaging 15/3/2 on 39/34/85 splits. That's not good or efficient enough for a #2 import imo. Maybe I expect too much.

Reply #797260 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

This thread will be shutdown tonight.

Reply #797265 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Easier said coming from an outsiders perspective. In my view, the offense obviously is situated around Cotton primarily. But there is no clear cut second/third option. The second option usually is whoever is hot, they go to. Cotton was quiet last game, but they didn't allow for Terrico to take over the game, instead they tried getting Wagstaff and Steindl more looks. I don't think Terrico is a great number 2 option, but I think Bryce Cotton could compliment him in that way if the offense goes through Terrico, and Bryce playing off the ball. Especially in late shot clock situations, where Cotton get's open through off-ball screens and goes into an isolation and/or pick and roll.

Reply #797270 | Report this post

jamit  
Years ago

lets hope terrico fires up tonight and plays like we know he can or it may be curtains for him and the Wildcats...Bryce will give 100% Kay will give 100%..Steindal and Wagstaff needs to drop some 3s..and hopefully the Soft Foul Umpires leave Plumlee alone..every time he goes near the ball they foul him...the umpiring this year has been terrible...Fans go to watch basketball..not the umpires....Go Cats

Reply #797298 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Terrico's back! He was about to be subbed off too.

Reply #797445 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

useless

Reply #797525 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

TERRRRICOOOOOOOOH

26pts on 9/23.

Reply #797526 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

This thread aged well

Reply #797532 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

You were saying??

Reply #797558 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Shut it down, lock the damn thread and anyone who brings it up again is a moron.

Reply #797565 | Report this post

jamit  
Years ago

Terrico must have read the thread coz he sure as hell got himself involved in that game...he even admitted after the game that he had lost his rythym and felt that he was getting it back again...WELL DONE TERRICO...Now show the Kings what your rythym can do....

Reply #797654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmm

Reply #797959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White is a great foil even when he's not shooting well, he plays defence and keeps players away from Cotton.

Reply #797977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmm

Reply #799335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets not lock the thread: 31 mins and 5 points.... Really is that acceptable?

Reply #799495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He does stuff you don't get stats for, still contributing.

Reply #799848 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

He is calm. He is the Will Weaver that we don't have on the sidelines.

Reply #799853 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:00 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754