Smac76
Years ago

Sixers roster

So we're goung with one import, according to whispers and pretty much confirmed by Boti. Is it a money thing(probably)? Or are they targeting some bigger name aussies? Letting Drmic and Froling wall suggests they believe they can upgrade. I reckon we are going to contend..for the spoon.
It’s so frustrating! Just rewatched Titletown doco, gees I didn’t know how good we had it. Even the 2002 team. We were spoiled. It’s sad to see how far we have sunk.

Topic #47253 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

One import lol.

No money in Adelaide confirmed.

Reply #806491 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I don't expect anything out of Adelaide. One import basically solidifies that for me. To make up for that, they're going to need the absolute top-tier Aussies. Who they got, Brock Motum? Ryan Broekhoff? Deng Adel? Chris Goulding?

I doubt it.

Reply #806498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mudronja
Dillon
Giddey
Johnson
McVeigh
Kyei
Teys
Import

Randle if he passes fitness tests a late addition.

Still a few spots to fill. You'd think if you cant hold onto Drmic or Froling then you don't have money to recruit a Euro name or worthwhile Aussie.

Desperately need another big and a decent 3 that can play 2/3/4

Reply #806499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got to feel for Connor Henry. Not only is this roster lacking talent, but it's unbalanced. Then also expected to play Giddey, who won't help you win now and most likely will leave within a year or two.

Reply #806503 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Not even worth discussing the organisation has been a complete shit show since the disgraceful Mitch Creek situation.

Reply #806505 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

They told Drmic, Froling to explore FA

Reply #806506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle / Dillon / Mudronja
SG / Giddey
Adel / McVeigh / Teys
Motum / Kyei
Johnson / Aussie c

Reply #806508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ lol how many marquees they going to have

Reply #806509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They wouldn't be marquee this year.

Reply #806510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adel, lol he's not saving anyone. I thought Giddey was going to play point guard.

Reply #806512 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

You couldn't push Drimic and Froling out the door without having a plan to bring in 1, 2 or even 3 better local players.
If going with one import you'd hope 2 or 3 upgraded locals.
I don't have a problem with one import as long as its in the childress/cotton/machado category.

Henry is going to emphasis defence, so when the balls not going in the hoop for us we still might have a chance to win unlike under Joey.

Remember Drimic and Froling were told to look elsewhere before the virus and Kelley was stating that he's trying to win a championship and rumours of high paid imports last year, so unless somethings changed lets just wait.

Reply #806513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So if import spaces available why not consider some cheap "imports" who are already in Adelaide and would be better than some of those names on the list above

Reply #806514 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Using a marquee spot allows you to pay more for a local player, keeping their salary more in line with their pre-COVID worth, without costing yourself any more money. So the plan may be less about "only one import" than about "three marquee players".

Reply #806521 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

ROFL at everyone so upset about Froling. Guy was fat, lazy, and contributed SFA. Drmic different, but similar result.
That's the problem for professional athletes. They can blame Joey and toxicity all they want, but at the end of the day they failed to perform and that has destroyed their value.
Unless he thinks he has some inside running, no new coach wants to take on players who are going to tank if he hurts their feelings.

Besides, you have to assume that Henry is looking to re-build.

Reply #806532 | Report this post

Smac76  
Years ago

But maybe Henry could've got more out of Harry? He’s talented. Not many talented Aussie big guys available in the league.

Reply #806534 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Drmic was in the pro Joey camp. He didn't regress like Froling, never considered Drmic lazy either. Hot headed? Sure.

Reply #806535 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Harry Froling had done his dash IMO. You don't follow up his promising rookie season with the pathetic season he had last season. He can go somewhere else and be another teams problem.

Drmic on the other hand I'm disappointed about being shown the door.

Reply #806536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can we talk about what is a Aussie marquee

is Jock landale who hasn't played in the nba a marquee
Isaac Humphries who has played 2 to 3 nba games a marquee

Reply #806538 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Wait a minute, just having one import does not mean the team is going to field a trash squad.

Give the club some rope first, its a semi new management JVG's first full year, and new coaching.

I would tend to believe they have some decent Australian talent AT LEAST short listed, and no I don't expect our front line to be Landale, Motum and DJ.

The club had a decent year attendance wise and is looking to build on that (Covid allowing).

If you were a businessman, would you want to follow up a year of improving patronage with something that fans cannot stomach? They will at least try to put up a good team, let's see.

Reply #806540 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I do not want Randle back.

I would rather DJ Newbill, someone that sets the tone on D, has a decent shot and can create with his step back.

He is not an MVP but he can do what is required.

Second import has to be a Gun 3, on a level with a fit Prather, Patteron, Hopson.

Upfront we have DJ, Kyei, it's sad after that I concede.

Reply #806541 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

It's going to be a hawks style trash squad LB

;)

Reply #806543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U are goi g to leave the pg spot tfor giddey and Dillon, mudronja?

It'll be import 1 and 2 no doubt.

Reply #806544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling has been a cancer for years, spat the dummy at two good colleges, has a decent rookie season then spits dummy again when comes back out of shape and didn't put in the work to get his minutes back.
Conspiracy theory for me is they're keeping import spot open for Randle, he'd be cheap coming back from injury, he's happy he's getting paid to rehab.
I think because Drmic was one of Joeys guys that was reason to look elsewhere, keep sweeping out the place, really doubt KB is back as well as a couple of others.
Whatever "marquee" local they get will no doubt influence the import pick. Get an experienced guard not named Kevin to see how Giddey goes, then probably someone like a Patterson to play a couple spots depending on lineup.

Reply #806545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Giddey has guaranteed minutes in his deal , he will be the PG

Reply #806546 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

can we talk about what is a Aussie marquee

is Jock landale who hasn't played in the nba a marquee
Isaac Humphries who has played 2 to 3 nba games a marquee
They're a marquee if the club says they're a marquee.

Reply #806547 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

It's going to be a hawks style trash squad LB

Hope not, imagine having to bag out the Sixers using the T word, unthinkable.

Reply #806549 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

If Giddey has is assured minutes, let him use his Doncic'esque skills (he said he models his game after Doncic).

Don't pair him up with Randle who's idea of working off the ball is with a cup of Gatorade.

Reply #806550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Giddey can't play defense yet.

Reply #806552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trust JVG, said no one ever.

Reply #806556 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you can get a fresh import into the country, why not get two? You can still spend up on an Australian returning from Europe and get a budget bench import from the broader talent pool.

Randle returning late in the season is the only reason I can think of not to, and it assumes he is fit in time to qualify for post-season, will contribute, that they win enough games for it to matter, etc. Otherwise even if you are writing this season off, you'd still get an import with flair to bring in crowds.

Reply #806571 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Agreed Isaac.

Reply #806575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drmic and Froling 100% gone

36ers front office continues to cover itself in glory.

Wait for this story to get out , oh boy

Reply #806577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Problem is you can bring in Kevin Durant but if they do let in fans then there'll be some form of distancing. So you might get your regular season ticket holders but they'll have to spread out unless they're a family group I assume. So for example a 10,000 seat venue may only be allowed to have 4,000 spectators. Better than none but if an outbreak happens again would even the most die hard fan want to bring their family to a basketball game, let alone a casual fan which signing a drawcard import is the purpose of.

Reply #806581 | Report this post

Nate  
Years ago

We are all aware they are gone. Been stated since the end of the season and it hasn't been hidden.
The club and players have mentioned it.
It depends on the locals. Need 1 Star Aussie (preferably NBA experience) and a star import. We have a 3rd star in DJ.

3 stars v 1 (DJ) last year.

Reply #806582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems this site is increasingly attracting mainly talented, intelligent people with IYSIYGI disorder.

Reply #806583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers should just fold and join NBL1 Central next season and do their fans a favour

Reply #806584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2002. Seems so long ago. The championship drought will continue unfortunately for Adelaide.

Reply #806609 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems it's one import, plus Randle.
Not a great Kyei fan. I would have gone Griffin ahead of him, last season,
and Moore ahead of Teys, rather than what joey did...

Reply #806634 | Report this post

Smac76  
Years ago

Agreed Camel. Joey got personal with the playing time. Although the others weren't setting the world on fire.
Interesting times ahead. Would want to bring in a couple of good Aussies or it will be a long, long season.

Reply #806642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moore spat the dummy and Griffin could not defend a light post.

Reply #806644 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Moore wasn't good enough to have the right to spit the dummy, Griffin wasn't good enough of a defender to deserve to be on the court.

Randle killed 36ers offence more than he ever helped it and spent most of the time dribbling, he didn't deserve to be on the court either.

Reply #806655 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

After all this time I still can't understand the hate for Teys. Someone has to do the work and on recent 36ERS' teams Brendan has been that workhorse, often trying to cover up the deficiencies of several other players at once.

As for the 36ERS' short-term future: in my opinion they need to cut Randle loose now if they are to have any hope of even moderate success next season. He was often, if not always, a liability when he was fit. Assuming he does recover from his physical injury in time, and that is no certainty, I shudder to think of the negative impact on the team if an older, still mentally-recovering Randle was to be dropped back into an established rotation mid-season.

And there is always the chance that, with Randle 'in the wings' and slated for a mid-season re-entry to the 'stage', the team will be banking on him providing a boost which he will fail [and in this instance probably be physically and mentally unable] to provide.

Cut him so the new coach knows what he has to work with [doubt is a killer] and can concentrate on developing a stable, positive environment that will, quite possibly in a very short time, bring success, assuming the management sticks with management and lets the coach coach.

Reply #806674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moore refused to play. There was nothing physically wrong with him. Fell in with the wrong crowd and now his career is over. Could have played his days out getting naturalised and being a great guy off the bench for years to come.

Reply #806678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

was Moore on the side of Joeys or the 36ers

Reply #806679 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Fell out with Joey

Reply #806681 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

It was obvious Moore wasn't injured and had quit on the team/Joey as he stopped playing as soon as the deadline had passed to replace imports for a playoff run. It was a low act and not only will that have an effect on his future in the NBL but will likely have an effect on the rest of his career.

It doesn't matter how much you disagree with a coach or whatever but quitting on a team by refusing to play and also blocking them from adequately replacing you is not the behaviour of a professional. He made a bad choice that he now has to live with.

Reply #806691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reality is there is only 1 Aussie player in that group who is starting calibre on a winning outfit, and that's DJ. If anybody else is starting out of what they currently have, you are not contending. Fact.

Reply #806696 | Report this post

I'm sorry but those comments on Moore are so completely false its laughable. It was the complete opposite. How about everybody leave the past in the past and let's look forward to a new beginning. Most true fans are looking to exciting news ahead once free agency hits.

Reply #806703 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Drmic was in the pro Joey camp. He didn't regress like Froling, never considered Drmic lazy either.

Sorry, my bad, i was confusing Drmic with one of the others who stopped performing.

But maybe Henry could've got more out of Harry? He's talented. Not many talented Aussie big guys available in the league.

Yes, but with emphasis on the maybe, and unless there is already a relationship there, its a big risk for a new coach. You're taking on a player who is out of condition, and who has already demonstrated that if he's unhappy he will underperform.

It's tough, and probably unfair, but that is the lot of a professional player. If you hate the coach and the atmosphere, your only option is to play your arse off, then leave when your contract is up.

Reply #806710 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I don't know the truth about Moore.

His side of the story suggests the team stopped playing him.

Joey also suggesting Moore didn't pull his weight did not say Moore refused to play.

Was the injury story to protect Moore's reputation?

Reply #806719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling believes the hype Heal and Co were saying about him, he thought he'd be in the nba, not a good start for any young player when they believe that tripe, he’s a bench nbl at best at present.

Reply #806720 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

If Giddey is playing decent minutes we cannot have Randle, let Randle go and get Dj Newbill.

Not sure what style Henry wants to instill but the defence must improve, Randle must go because he must score big to make up for defensive deficiencies which means he must take lots of shots, hero shots.

DJ is on the decline so we are running out of time to give it a decent shake.

Teys is decent, people like to bag him out like the do Greg Hire, like Greg Teys has value to the team and does the dirty work that DJ, Moore, Griffin and Randle didn't do.

Reply #806723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Giddey ain't playing big minutes, must be crazy.

Reply #806724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Giddey 20mins 10PG 10SF

Reply #806726 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Moore's wife was in a little bit of surprise to hear Joey say that Romone was injured....... when he wasn't.

Reply #806759 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Saw Johnson and McVeigh phoning members to thank them for their support,
on the TV News, last night.
The new coach should get here in July for training.
36ers are hoping that training will be at their old place, Titanium Stadium,
and that NBL starts Oct.

Reply #806917 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Conner Henry spoke of having 7 players locked in, and 4 vacancies. He then spoke about individuals.
From what he said, Teys is being re-signed, making the 7: DJ, McV, Dillon, Obi, Mudronja, Giddey, & Teys.
Froling and Drmic were conspicuously not mentioned.

He said they are chasing 2 imports.
Definitely an import PG, and then a forward, of yet to be determined size.

Reply #807252 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

When he said teys has signed, I gave up hope for Adelaide.

I must admit that I found it curious that he would be a priority, especially with so much uncertainty.
Obviously the Adelaide organisation see a value in him, that the rest of Australia misses.
Perhaps they fell they need his leadership to pull the team together, in the wake of last season's meltdown?

Reply #807253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Import / Dillon / Mudronja
Giddey / Teys
Import / McVeigh
Motum / Kyei
Johnson / Aussie C

From what Henry said, I think he's going with^

Newbill or other sf and a elite vet , plus an Aussie centre which there is many.

Reply #807254 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

A lot of people talking about Motum returning.
However he's contracted in Valencia, and although Spain may be suffering, their team would seem to be well placed to ride it out.

Reply #807258 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

What did people think of the way Connor Henry talked?

I thought it was interesting he was talking two imports when Adelaide said they'd be going with 1? Perhaps dependent on a signature?

Possible Madgen could fit in or likely to stay at Phoenix?

Import / Giddey / Mudronja
Teys / Dillon
Madgen / McVeigh
Import or Aussie / Kyei
Johnson / Aussie

Reply #807278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

with joey gone can u see ex 36ers return or not leave like drmic and froling

Reply #807279 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Drmic to Brisbane

Froling to Cairns or is it his bro who is rumoured up there?

Reply #807287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can a 6 2 6 6 point guard mentor 6 8 guard

Reply #807288 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I hadn't really followed who said only 1, but I thought it was clear Henry was looking for 2. As he said, remains to be sen who they pick up in free-agency.
But at the moment they haven't locked in many stars.

Reply #807291 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Is Teys confirmed?

Reply #807306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ket, you can't be serious...
Madgen a sf? And Teys starting?

Reply #807308 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Madgen probably staying in NSW

Teys has started for the 36ers for the last few years....Adelaide hasn't gained aussie talent they've lost it (ie Drmic). Who else would you chuck in? McVeigh?

Reply #807310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is it time to bring college players home
Jacob Rigoni
Isaac White
Owen Hulland
Brent Hank

Reply #807312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

None of those players will jump straight into nbl.
I.White possibly as a 3rd pg at Adelaide if Dillon retires, mudronja goes into backup.

Only 1-2 high caliber players per class will come up not nbl.
This season, jack white, dj Vasljevic and maybe galloway.

Next season you have waardenburg, a Pf from nz and maybe Antonio, Aussie 6'5 sg

Reply #807314 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

36ers are young as it is with Giddey, McVeigh, Mudronja, Kyei

Reply #807315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jordan heading and lat mayen play for the 36ers?

Reply #807316 | Report this post

Smac76  
Years ago

Isn't Madgen in Victoria? Or has he moved?

The roster looks seriously thin. Two imports would be a start, plus a quality Aussie- is Motum seriously a chance? Couldn’t see why he’d want to return.
Wouldn’t be shattered with a quality pg, Newbill and a quality Aussie big. Probably dreaming though.

Reply #807330 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Motum's best friend is Teys. In saying that I can't see any legit reason why Motum would (a) leave Europe and (b) then choose the 36ers, again.

Reply #807334 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Is Teys confirmed?"

Seemed to be confirmed by Henry, speaking on NBL Overtime, yesterday.

Reply #807336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Early stages but with current rosters and potential signees it looks like the favourites are in order of

NZ
Perth
Melbourne
Cairns
Sydney
Brisbane
S.E Melbourne
Adelaide
Illawarra

Reply #807338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only big spend for Adelaide atm is Johnson. The rest are on not much. Mudronja, Dillon, McVeigh, kyei, Teys
They are getting import pg and import sf or pf. Both starters. Backup Aussie/kiwi centre.

Reply #807342 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Madgen is currently in NSW, unlikely to return to Phoenix according to Santa

Reply #807352 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Wile tonight, the TV News services were all very impressed with/by Henry.

Reply #807375 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

What was said?

Reply #807379 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw, they got the impression he would get a good Import PG to head up Giddey. and NO Randle, plus an Import big, Mark Davis2.
Seems he was a good player, also.
He's confident. Gotta presence on him..

Reply #807380 | Report this post

Nate  
Years ago

4 spots left. 1 will be an import PG.

1 has to be a solid starting local at the worst.
Ideally Broekhoff/Adel/humphries type.

Then the 2nd import fits in around that.

Imports need to be studs. (Can't stuff this up)

Reply #807383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The rest are on not much. Mudronja, Dillon, McVeigh, kyei, Teys"

That statement about sums it up, a NBL1 central finals team yes, but very very average nbl bench. Starters would be import pg and Giddey in backcourt, DJ and import big in frontcourt. Have really got to get a good overseas Aussie for other spot, Motum been here before but is he good fit with DJ as a perimeter big. This is assuming Giddey is up to it, still think this contractual guaranteed minutes is ridiculous, he's going to have big target on him going against mainly experienced professional men, if he sucks Adelaide is screwed. And who is the 6th man, McVeigh who's erratic as hell or good old Teys who doesn't really conjure comparisons to Ginobli providing spark off bench.
Any news of assistant coach yet?

Reply #807387 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Hope for Adelaide's sake they hit the jackpot with imports.

Reply #807393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Teys and Dillon are wasted picks imo.

Teys is 6'2 30y,o and Dillon 6’4 34y.o. Might as well build for following few years.

Vet Import pg / Mudronja
Giddey(NS) / Vasljevic / SG(DP)
Newbill(I) / McVeigh / Harris(DP)
Motum / Kyei / PF(DP)
Johnson / Aussiekiwi c (Humphries, Mathiang, Brandt, salt, reath, etc)

Reply #807395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my guess as import pg Brandon Jennings. Connor was the ass coach when he was at the Orlando magic

Reply #807400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still only 30-31 but has done it all.

Reply #807401 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I don't want to sound too alarmist/dreaming but this team is so cheap (forget about the pay cuts) that it has me wondering if they can convince Joe Ingles to come play for the club if they can spell his name right.

Did Joe suggest somewhere that he wasn't going to stick around in America during these uncertain times and that's prior to the violence occurring over there... he would provide so much that this squad is lacking and help fast track Giddy and even attract other talent around him.

A squad of

Jennings/Dillon/Mujondra
Giddy/Teys (start Teys if Giddy is having troubles with early fouls)
Ingles/McVeigh
Davis II/Kyei
DJ/Vague or Smith Milner

Tohi Smith Milner looked about the most selfish player in the NBL last season at times and certainly caught the ire of United personnel, would Adelaide take a chance on a player that seems to have played better for Tall Blacks than in the NBL

Reply #807403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vague or Milner lol

Reply #807404 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ingles made that statement early on and then walked it back later. His team had the early cases but then he was likely reassured by the NBA's prompt response. He's not done with the NBA yet. Would have more luck with Broekhoff if they threw a lot of money at him and he was wary of the situation in Europe. Not sure where he ended up after Dallas waived him?

Reply #807498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is David II?

Reply #807499 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Ingles won't be in a 36ers singlet unless something drastically changes his mind. His opinion of 36ers is shot like Creeks.

Not about players, not about coaches, it’s about the way the 36ers operate past and present.

Reply #807513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET is correct. They are a basketcase and have been for many years unfortunately.Too many people brought in who never understood what the strengths were of the successful years.

Reply #807540 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Underwhelming. Even being in contention for a playoff spot is an achievement.

Reply #807541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Would have more luck with Broekhoff if they threw a lot of money at him and he was wary of the situation in Europe. Not sure where he ended up after Dallas waived him?"

If there is no news on Cotton's naturalisation, Broekhoff will be Perth's Marquee.

Reply #807575 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

There are two marquee spots...

Reply #807578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but fortunately only one kobewankz

Reply #807579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has another club alienated more star players over dumb petty crap like the Sixers have?

Reply #807582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see koberulz' stalker is back. I think he has a crush on him.

Reply #807584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does it matter that someone attacks/stalks Koberulz?
The guy is an arrogant grade A tosser who honestly thinks he is better than everyone else.

Reply #807592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"but Unfortunately only one kobewankz" Corrected for errors.

Reply #807594 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

^^You want more than one?

Has it actually been confirmed that the upto 4 Marquees rule still applies? Or are we just assuming?
Since the measures were all about cutting costs, it seems a little strange to force teams to cut an import and sign a marquee instead.

I guess the Marquee rule does make such players doubly attractive now with the salary reductions, especially if its still only the same $150k(?) that counts towards the cap & tax. So you can sign somebody for $1M, pay them the ~$500%, and still only $150k counts towards the cap.

Reply #807597 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Has it actually been confirmed that the upto 4 Marquees rule still applies?
Yes.

Reply #807599 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:09 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754