Aussie
Years ago

Sam Froling to Hawks or Taipans?

These seem to be the two front runners to sign Sam Froling (unless someone knows of somewhere else he may look to go?)

Where do you think Sam will go?

Topic #47371 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEM?

Reply #810621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No it's definitely SAM

Reply #810622 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

Height: 2.11m
Weight: 104 kg

I think he needs to be somewhere were a veteran big can mentor him and help him improve his game. He needs help with his mid range (25% FG last season) and he can work on his inside game (44% FG last season). Very effective out of the pick and roll and in the open court due to his quickness and ability to get to the basket.

NBL20 Averages: 6PPG (46%FG / 27%FG from 3pt), 3.35 RPG in 12.6MPG.

Regardless of where he ends up, what do Sam Frolings stats look like in NBL21?

Reply #810631 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Cairns sharing centre position with Jawai seems a likely scenario.

Reply #810632 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

As for his stats it's hard to say but you would put him on the way too early most improved list.

Reply #810633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You think deng will be Oliver's backup and jawai starts with Froling backup?

Reply #810635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still living in Wollongong so I'd say he’s staying at the hawks. 211 standing on a few books, where do these heights come from, look at him next time they are all standing up in a line, not that tall.

Reply #810638 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Living in Wollongong now 5 months prior to season starting doesn't guarentee he will play for Hawks.

Reply #810640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His family live in Cairns, why pay rent and stay in a cold climate if you're going to Cairns.

Reply #810642 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

I was interested in his height so I went back and looked at some highlights from last season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Ogz02oywI

Against SEM he was clearly taller than Dan Trist (206cm) and Dane Pineau (206cm). Is it fair to say he is 5cm's taller than them? Hard to tell, but not at all out of this world.

I think backing up Nate Jawai in Cairns for Mike Kelly could be exactly what Sam needs. Alternatively, learning to work hard at a young age under Goorjian can only help him.

I think either spot would be beneficial for Sam's development.

Reply #810643 | Report this post

Sourbroker  
Years ago

Wollongong is a cold climate?

Reply #810647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd be surprised if either Trist or Pineau were 206 cm. I like to look when they all stand in a line, I think a few of the heights are wrong both ways, some taller than listed and some shorter.

Reply #810648 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

His family live in Cairns, why pay rent and stay in a cold climate if you're going to Cairns.

Maybe he is waiting for his lease to expire?

Reply #810649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Live in Townsville

Reply #810652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Family lives in Townsville and yes, Wollongong is a cold climate compared to Far North Queensland.

Reply #810662 | Report this post

Sourbroker  
Years ago

The sun is a cold climate compared to North Queensland.

Reply #810694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's shit, just like his brother.

Reply #810706 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Double trouble in Cairns.

Do they have a third brother? Then it would be Froling, Froling, Froling, keep those wagons rolling, raw hide!

Reply #810743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#706 you bored on school holidays bro

Reply #810749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

# 749 neither have done much, jury is still out.

Reply #810751 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I really rate this kid, far moe than his brother, I like his aggressive mindset, he seemed to come on and find a basket or two fairly quickly so he needs a coach that can elevate his game to the next level and I think Mike Kelly could be that man, look at how much he got out of his squad last season and they had so much fun... could be worse places to make a living!

Reply #810833 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:50 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754