robt
Years ago

QBL Round 8: Predictions & Results

Predicts:
Friday: No games

Saturday:
Thunder v 'Neers (Mountaineers). Thunder SHOULD win by 30 but will prob squeak in with 10- 15. Don't think 'Neers will stop Thunder, I think Thunder will. Honestly, with their roster they should be top 6, not 9th.
Rollers v Wizards. Rollers by 20's
Seahawks v Force. Force by 30. Sobey to have a (real) night out!
Roar v Pirates. Roar by 30. Roar to have (real) night out!
Spartans v Phoenix. Spartans as above.

Sunday:
Caps v Roar. Got to be the game of the round. GF preview??? I'm going with/for Caps. The only chance I see of stopping Roar going undefeated for the season.
Ripcity v Thunder. [IMB(biased)O], Rip by a squillion. In reality, will be a great contest. Their roster more experienced, definately, but have under-performed. Rip's "youngies" have prob over-achieved. Thunder should take this in a close one but I'm hoping, Ripcity, by 1, will do.

Topic #47651 | Report this topic

robt  
Years ago

Sorry I'll get the comp name right soon. Q(f)SL.

Reply #817699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phoenix with the upset over SD
Roar too much for Caps
Thunder over Rip

Reply #817701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My Predictions both mens and womens, Rob agree with the majority of your picks.

Mens

Logan by 10
Rollers by 7
Force by 40
Roar by 17
Spartans by 6

Roar by 20
Logan by 13

Womens

Logan by 60
Rollers by 20
Seahawks by 3
Roar by 50
Spartans by 33

Roar by 9
Thunder by 25

Reply #817703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saturday:
Thunder v 'Neers. Thunder SHOULD win by 30 but will prob squeak in with 10- 15.
Thunder 118 / Neers 69. Bior led the stats for Thunder with 27 & 11 (rebs) and Puna was great support from the bench with 21, 9 & 3 (asts). For the Neers, Hunter led with 16, 5 & 6 but 8 TOs. In fact, team TOs were 11 to 30 and Thunder scored 40pts from turnovers and Sec Chance pts were 28 to 6, and on the comparisons go. In short, Thunder got the W they should have. These stats show a very one-sided encounter. Any-one there who can add some live action?

Rollers v Wizards. Rollers by 20's (or2).
Rollers 74 / Wizards 72. Would have liked to watch this one. Rollers by a Patton-Croker last-minute basket and foul. Wizards had 2 chances to tie the game but came up short (1st with a 3 pt attempt for the win, and then, from the O-board, a 2 pointer).

Seahawks v Force. Force by 30. Sobey to have a (real) night out!
Seahawks 70 / Force 113. Not Sobey, this night, Jeffries led the charge with 22 @ 64%. For the Seahawks, the only resistance seemed to come from the bench with Tupou and Shortland reaching double-figure scores.

Roar v Pirates. Roar by 30. Roar to have (real) night out!
Froling scored 33 incl 6 of 13 from the arc @ 46%, 15 rebs & drew 11 fouls during his battle with Hodgson who had 23 and 14 to lead the Pirates' stats. Krebs also had another double-double with 17, 10 and 6 asts for the losing team.

Spartans v Phoenix. Spartans as above.
Spartans 94 / Phoenix 79. This was closer than I expected. From the stats, it seems that the battle of the front-courts was narrowly won by the Spartans with Derkson & Vukona. being the difference. They weren't dominant, but additional. With Harrison & Dalton it was 4 (for the Spartans) against 2 (for Phoenix, duh!). Robateau (Phoenix) was game-high scorer with 27 pts. Muorter had 20 & 5 asts to lead the Spartans scoring.

2 great games coming up tonight. The main draw-card is battle of top 2, Roar & Caps. The "other" game, Rip v Thunder, the battle of 2 also-rans.

Reply #817890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will White didn't play the 2nd half last night. Is he hurt or did he just rest?

Reply #817891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sunday:
Rip/Thunder game a closer contest than expected and closer than the "main event", Caps and Roar, in Brissy. In fact Anon's (above) predict was close, just got the names mixed!
So, it was Thunder over Rip by 13 (73 - 86) and Roar over Caps by 23 (83 - 106).

Reply #817915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#703 Here

Got the margin for the Thunder and only 3 off for the Roar should've bought a lotto ticket Sunday!

From what I've seen Caps are bit over rated this year, they almost lost to a woeful Logan side a few weeks back (Logan choked hard). I like Roar, Spartans and even the Phx above them, noting Phx are horrible if not landing the three ball.

The most shocking result of the weekend to me was the Roar women losing huge on Sunday. They seemingly loaded up on their roster and were very disappointing against a young Caps team

Reply #817947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling & McDowell looking hard to beat. Froling has been absolutely dominating... and I know it's a chump comp but even coming up against other "NBL" players he has been eating them alive. McDowell-White also looks like a class above the rest. Roar might go undefeated to the chip!

Reply #818017 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:35 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754