Ya NBL
Years ago

Some potential Perth Big signing

https://thewest.com.au/sport/basketball/perth-wildcats-trial-brother-of-boomer-jarred-bairstow-and-nelson-kahler-for-vacant-big-man-spot-ng-b881730836z
According to The West Jarred Bairstow and Nelson Kahler are trail stage with the Wildcats. In my opinion, they can do better than Bairstow and Kahler. I prefer Pledger or Anderson

Topic #47804 | Report this topic

Ya NBL  
Years ago

Big as in centre not big as in big name sorry

Reply #822620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kayler is constantly improving, not bad imo.

Reply #822626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I confess I had to Google the second bloke.
This is Majok's spot on roster so only need 5 to 10 mins max.
Getting Andersen at 40 to come over was always going to be a stretch.
Couldn't they just upgrade Ferguson.

Would think if Plumlee can't play they must have a big name lined up for starting centre.

Reply #822628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ferguson is a great kid and devloping well but he is not close to being NBL ready I don't think

Reply #822638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't say Bairstow are the other bloke are ready either.

Reply #822639 | Report this post

Ya NBL  
Years ago

In My Opinion They should hace signed Mooney as a next star

Reply #822660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are the parameters for next star? Were a few decent centres undrafted

Reply #822679 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

With Bolden slipping out of NBA contention Perth would be stupid not to throw the house at him

Reply #822680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has bolden actually shown anything, I'm not convinced.

Reply #822690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think his World Championships would have helped him in the way that all ended. We could have perhaps won a medal with him in the final team from a depth point of view. If your not a raw talent like Lamello you have to be more team minded to prove you have what it takes to fit in the NBA. i.e you will do what it takes for team success. Tate is a classic example.

If he joins an NBL club he needs to focus on being team first in mindset and hopefully sell himself that way back into the NBA.

Reply #822692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth would provide the ideal opportunity for Bolden to step up.

More eyes are on this league now than ever.

Reply #822696 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'692, I think our fatigue issue at the WC was mostly at guard, right? If Bolden was not team-first, I don't know that he would've been a huge help. Been a while and I might be wrong, but I remember our bigs doing fairly well?

But I definitely agree otherwise - if you are not a prodigy, you show deference to team structure. Caruso had a great comment about it recently:

Reply #822706 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

Bolden aint coming, best we can hope for is Plumlee being interested.

Reply #822758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not about interest for Plumlee, apparently he is keen but awaiting Cotton to obtain citizenship.

Reply #822761 | Report this post

D.Joyce87  
Years ago

That is an awesome Caruso quote.

And also why so many of us revere the great B Teys.

He completely embraces that role.

Not only does he come ready to clean the bathrooms, he also makes sure he comes correct - with a game that belongs in the toilet.

Reply #822987 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Teys rarely has bad games. He does the needed things well, nothing brilliantly. His role in most teams would be still there across the league. Until just recently. Damian Martin was not a great point guard, however he was an insanely brilliant defender and destroyed opponents point guard.

Reply #822988 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754