D2.0
Years ago

Wildcats Membership Options

https://www.membership.wildcats.com.au/sao-membership-appeal

What's everyone thinking of doing?

Not sure why the government is insisting on reduced capacity? Either we have kept the virus out, or not?
If we fuck up and somebody with the virus makes it to a game, then they will infect those around them. Keeping every 2nd row empty might limit that, but probably not.

My problem is that we have really Good Silver seats. I probably wouldn't bother with a full season, except we've had these seats since the Arena opened and don't want to give them up.
But even under the Diamond Pledge, we'd have to take pot luck on getting any Silver seats. And by the sounds of it, rather than just giving us tickets to 50% of the games, its going to be a free for all, every time it tickets go on sale.
I'm not complaining, they're doing the best they can under the circumstances, its just a pain.

I'm thinking of taking the credit option.

Topic #47860 | Report this topic

Macca  
Years ago

Don't bother, this Pandemic hasn't scared enough people yet. Next year it's coming back mutated and even more scarier so we all beg for the vaccination.

Reply #823927 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

We (6 of us) did the Diamond pledge. We figure its the only way you'll get to a game this year as Diamond get first shot at tickets. If 7,000 people do the Diamond and you do the 50%...you aren't seeing any games.

Also you know that they will Jack the membership prices over the next few years to recoup the losses from this year so the Diamond price freeze saves you from that as well.

Reply #823945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, Diamond pledge was my option too. Even if i dont get to any games this year.

Reply #823946 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

All the options are shitty so it basically forces you into the Diamond tier.

Reply #823956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm likely going with the credit.

Love the team and have been an 8 year member, but don't really want to 'donate'.

As long as I get to retain my great seat in the future I'm happy.

If capacity restrictions ease during the season will just try and get tickets to some games.

I'll probably look to buy some merchandise or memorabilia as a way to support the club during the season.

Reply #823969 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Not being a member I was wondering if they gave the option of cancelling the option of going to games this season and using the money you paid to simply pay for next seasons memberships? and of course should there be a price increase you just pay the difference?

Reply #823971 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Craig, thats the credit option

Check out the link on the first line of the top post

Reply #823979 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Thanks Alexkrad,

Sounds like they have given members plenty of options to choose from... well done Cats.

Reply #823983 | Report this post

Joesteve  
Years ago

I only have a problem with a bronze member diamond pledge has the same entitlements as a captains club member diamond pledge. A captians club membership cost 3 times more than a bronze membership. It should be based on a dollar value of your pledge. A captains club member gold pledge gives more money to the club but a bronze member diamond pledge has more entitlements.

Reply #824002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You said the bronze has the same, then says bronze has more. The way I read it, diamond does give you entitlements based on your membership value so not sure how bronze gets you more.

Reply #824009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

checked with club

you can only get tickets to equal or lesser value than your current tier. So Bronze cannot get captains club seats for games, only bronze or below.

the problem is the 50% cap in the stadium and the potential for a hub over east if there become outbreaks of covid.

lesser risk at the lower price points, but for captains club you have to be willing to donate all $1200 of your membership with diamond pledge if you dont get to see a game live.

plus not clear how they are controlling the 50%

just the first 6500 members across the line? or 50% of each category. I guess easy for them if only 6500 members diamond pledge.

Reply #824014 | Report this post

pls  
Years ago

I go halves with mates in my membership as I have cricket saturdays - we split the fixtures.
That is not really great for either party as even if one gets the allocation, no guarantees of a ticket at that point.

Leaning credit.

Reply #824016 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

This is what happens when the government didn't build a large capacity stadium of 30k, to 40k seating.

Reply #824038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A 30k seat stadium in Perth would never get filled regularly

Reply #824041 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

My issue with the Diamond Pledge (and I stress that it is MY issue) is that it is essentially a free for all. If there are say 6,000 tickets available, then the First 6,000 people (subject to ticket classes)to jump onto tickettek at the right time, get the seats. So somebody could get tickets to all games, and someone else could miss out every time.

I've gone the credit option. I don't really like the idea of not supporting them, but it works best for me.
If prices go up, then fair enough I will pay my share then.

Beware of the downgrade option
Whilst you keep your membership entitlements, you lose your seats.

Reply #824097 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"My issue with the Diamond Pledge (and I stress that it is MY issue) is that it is essentially a free for all. If there are say 6,000 tickets available, then the First 6,000 people (subject to ticket classes)to jump onto tickettek at the right time, get the seats. So somebody could get tickets to all games, and someone else could miss out every time."

That's the dilemma I'm facing too...the other bad thing is I go to the games with 3 other mates and it would prob mean none of us would be sitting together either so what's the point?

Apparently if you take the Credit option and everything goes back to normal then you can apply your credit back to the season and your memebership stays the same.

Reply #824101 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

It would be good to know before the date closes how many daimond pledges have been sold.

Reply #824102 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

This looks rather complex.

What are other clubs doing?

Reply #824103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I and the two guys I go with have gone for credit option.

it would have been good if they allowed diamond pledges then gave credit for unused portions of membership, but guessing everybody would have selected that option and they would have had issues with capacity.

But, if arena opens up to 100% the only people that dont get their seats are those that opt for refunds. so assuming if the arena opens up to 100% mid way through season they will look at partial credit for next season?

The only positive for Senator11 is that higher class tickets are needed for the higher priced seats, so if 6000 people from cheap seats all diamond pledge then they are in a race to secure the seats at their level or below, higher priced seats will still be available.

Reply #824104 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Pretty sure you can add other membership numbers to your ticket purchase on Tickitek (ticketmaster...whichever it is).
I go with my family (6 members) and my dad gets our finals tickets, pre season tickets etc all in one hit and we sit together.

Reply #824105 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"I go with my family (6 members) and my dad gets our finals tickets, pre season tickets etc all in one hit and we sit together."

But are all your memberships on the same address? I think you get a password for each household which means you might not be able to use multiple passwords on the one transaction?

Reply #824167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I emailed the wildcats about the password thing. Each member will get a password but you can enter multiple passwords in one transaction to book tickets so you can all sit together

Reply #824169 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I would assume the password will be exactly the same as is is for finals tickets, you get a password for each membership and input them all at once.

Reply #824170 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Yeah ok, that makes it a bit better. I'm only bronze so might call them next week to see how many pledges have been made.

Reply #824185 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

We have really good silver seats; secured before we moved to the Arena. But Silver so large that even if i get tickets they could be up in the nosebleeds.

"I'm only bronze so might call them next week to see how many pledges have been made."

The problem is that with only 50% capacity there is no guarantee how many seats will be available in any category.
So, say there are normally say 3000 Bronze seats with 2000 seated members; and of those only 1000 have opted for the Diamond Pledge. You might think "ok 50% of 3000 is 1500 so it will be easy for me to get my tickets if l Pledge."
But there's no guarantee there will be a proportionate division of seats. If there are only 1000 Pledges; they might make only 500 seats available n Bronze and convert the remainder to Silver.

keep in mind how much they rely on their corporate sponsors. With some already struggling due to Covid, corporate clients are unlikely to pay for seats they don't get. So (with distancing) you may find that corporate areas are expanded.
Then you have the courtside seats that will need to be relocated.
Then logic says they will try to look after their Captains Club and Platinum members.

You’ll note that the Wildcats have been very clear; that even if you opt for the Diamond Pledge; you are not guaranteed ANY tickets.

l put it to them that a simple solution was simply to give everyone tickets to half the games. That is the one comment they dd not respond to.

Reply #824219 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Also as you can only get tickets of equal or lesser value, Bronze members may have gold, silver, platinum and CC members encroaching on their numbers.

Reply #824229 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Also as you can only get tickets of equal or lesser value, Bronze members may have gold, silver, platinum and CC members encroaching on their numbers.

Reply #824230 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I'm leaning towards refund now and going to get burgers and beers at Varsity bar to watch the games... :/

Reply #824314 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I do love that the refund option is the only one where you need to call them up, remind me of trying to cancel foxtel...

Reply #824316 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:31 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754