Isaac
Years ago

Giddey to miss Phoenix game due to medical advice

Olgun:

Josh Giddey has been ruled of Wednesday's Adelaide 36ers game against the South East Melbourne Phoenix, due to medical advice. Giddey’s head hit the floor after a dunk in overtime last night. His status will be updated prior to Friday’s game vs the New Zealand Breakers.

Topic #47990 | Report this topic

LoveBroker  
Years ago

My heart stopped when he landed on his head after that dunk.

Then he got up and gave indication that he was OK, was able to get up and walk without help or wobbling.

It looked that other than the bloody lip that he didn't suffer any other damage, when he got dragged for the blood he trainer was doing the required assessment but Giddey seemed to dismiss it, which was either a good sign or he is young and just wanted to continue)

Hope he is OK and its not a concussion.

Reply #828315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently he was speaking Goat after the game.

Reply #828317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The was always the possibility of late onset concussion

Reply #828319 | Report this post

Wise to miss a game . Health comes first.

Reply #828321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes he's probably busting to play but smart move, even rest for his body.

Reply #828323 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

I think a silver lining is this gives Sloan an opportunity to simply take over. It could tell us more about what his best role is moving forward

Reply #828324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Hope he is OK and its not a concussion."
If he hits his head on the floor like he did it is Concussion. It should be a week at the minimum.

Reply #828325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard Giddey failed concussion test when doctors asked if Adelaide would make the playoffs and he replied yes.

Reply #828333 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Heard Giddey failed concussion test when doctors asked if Adelaide would make the playoffs and he replied yes.

I have to pay this one.

Reply #828335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Master Chief needs a concussion test if he thinks Sloan can simply take over. Hasn't done a single thing to suggest that and maybe he could have thought about doing it before getting dragged for Teys!
Adelaide should be flying his replacement out ASAP.

Reply #828341 | Report this post

D@B  
Years ago

Can i get a refund on my tickets please?

Reply #828349 | Report this post

Gano6  
Years ago

Opportunity also for mudrojonga to get into rotation.. No doubt teys be first cab off rank but need to find out if mudrojonga cuts the mustard... having dillion and teys provides the stability and experience needed... crazy that losing an 18 year old is going to.impact and require all hands on court to cover ... hope not concussion maybe loose teeth causing some residual pain - massive spill...

Reply #828354 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Take over the main point guard duties was what I meant.

Reply #828360 | Report this post

No Giddey, no Sixers.

Reply #828371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have no idea who this mudrojonga bloke is, but can his family please stop posting about him?

Reply #828378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"ADELAIDE 36ers rookie point guard Josh Giddey has only played two NBL games, but the draft-bound sensation already has multiple NBA clubs expressing interest in his sublime skills.
36ers general manager Jeff Van Groningen confirmed he'd had running conversations with several NBA clubs. The 18-yearold NBL Next Star is eligible for the 2021 NBA Draft and is viewed as a late first or seco n d - r o u n d pick. He enhanced his draft stock by excelling in his opening two NBL games.
He had seven points, seven rebounds and four assists in his professional debut during the 36ers’ opening loss to championship favourite Melbourne United on Friday. Giddey backed up on Sunday with a double-double in a remarkable double-overtime win over South East Melbourne."

He has concussion. Look after him JVG.

Reply #828386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JVG looks after JVG

Reply #828388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reality is that SEM and the 36ers are the bottom 2 teams. Just unfortunate they play each other twice early on.

Reply #828389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Add Cairns to that list I reckon

Reply #828394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And if Adelaide can't capitalise on having the first 6 games at home they are doubly cooked.

Reply #828398 | Report this post

Adelaide could be 1-3 after next two games.

Reply #828400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can add Sydney if ware doesn't learn to change his game up and pass the ball a bit.

Reply #828405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was kinda hoping that Ware would come back with a few extra tricks in his bag. Nope. Let's hope Forde can fix that one way or the other.

Reply #828460 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:41 pm, Tue 7 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754