koberulz
Years ago

Wildcats on the road for the next 8 weeks

Per Lachy Reid.

This is not the end the streak deserved.

Topic #48038 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dr kobe strikes again, one case what's your diagnosis?

Reply #830391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tissue? Breakers will be on the road the entire season.

Reply #830392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings been on road since Boxing Day. Poor Perth.

Reply #830393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what does that title mean? 3 of the next 8 weeks?

Reply #830397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He said it was per Lachy Reid. Speaking of read, try it for once.

Reply #830398 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

what does that title mean? 3 of the next 8 weeks?
The next 8 weeks. Autocorrect did an absolute number on it. Already reported it, just gotta wait for a mod to come along and fix it.

Reply #830399 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Um, poor Perth? A fraction of what the Breakers, Hawks, and Kings will face this season.

Reply #830401 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The Breakers, yes, but why the Hawks and Kings?

And yeah, teams are going to get shafted this season, but in Perth's case it's really disappointing that this is how the streak whimpers to an end. Losing that game to Melbourne on the last day of the 2017 season would have been far more fitting, this is just such an anticlimax.

Reply #830402 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

At least we Perth fans will forever be able to have this as an excuse. And its not over yet.

Reply #830404 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

RIP home cooking

Reply #830405 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

As a 36ers fan, it seems as though we'll be slated to play our first 14 games at home, then do our last 14 on the road.... ;P

Reply #830406 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

But wouldn't six of those be the nbl cup which we already knew about

Reply #830407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cry me a river Perth. The Breakers are on the road all season.

Reply #830411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt Perth or SEM will be playing for 14 days as of now anyone as Vic government just announced blanket quarantine due to Perth hotspot

Reply #830414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic government only announced that WA travelers need to isolate upon arrival and get a test within 72 hours, the. quarantine until negative test result is received. If SEM all get tested today and results come back tomorrow, they will be fine for training Wednesday.

Reply #830417 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

May as well shut it down now, AFL is next too btw.

Reply #830423 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

Breakers don't travel as far as The Cats do, NZ closer to east coast than we are.

Reply #830425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#417 that applies to anyone (SEM) who arrived between January 25 and 9pm January 31. The wildcats will need an exemption if they are traveling today.

Reply #830431 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Perth will head to Vic and undergo testing as part of normal protocol.

Barring a backflip from the Victorian government they should be right to play Sunday.

Reply #830435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ impossible

Reply #830438 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Covid does what covid does. Best a club can do is show that talent and chemistry and grit beats everything else.

Whether you're a Kings with injuries, a Breakers perpetually playing away, 36ers having front-loaded home games and assume back-loaded away games, road-warrior teams that can't play at home yet, and everything in-between.

Reply #830440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" Breakers don't travel as far as The Cats do,"

True, but international travel is far more time consuming than domestic travel.

Reply #830441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It really isn't.

Reply #830442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does it really matter how far the flight is, the breakers have been away from home since December, so I can't see how anyone can claim the wildcats have it worse

Reply #830444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks and Kings left NSW on Boxing Day.
Hawks returned to Wollongong for first time a couple of days ago.
Then off to the bubble presumedly, which will be another month. So combined that's more than the 8 weeks for the poor little didums from Perth.

Reply #830445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

International travel is far more time consuming prior to departure and post departure than domestic travel will ever be.

Reply #830446 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

At least NBL is in the news
https://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/the-south-east-melbourne-phoenix-have-been-forced-in-to-isolation-after-being-in-perth-last-weekend/news-story/fef5db12bf9ccf0563eef0f96a5db7a8

Reply #830447 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I for one think the thread title is some of kobe's best work and that the mods should leave it how it is.

Reply #830450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings still haven't returned home, probably 3 months on the road before they get back.

International travel does take longer than domestic.

Reply #830457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#457 a 3 hour domestic light takes approx 4 hours (airport arrival/airport departure). By definition an international 3 hour flight you must arrive at least 2 hours prior to flight time thats already 5 hours (then add customs upon arrival). In addition there are far more delays internationally than there are domestically. Anyone who says international travel does not take longer than domestic is deluded.

Reply #830460 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I doubt Kings or Hawks play a single home game all season. Kings' coach hasn't seen his wife and 1 year old since November, but boy, I hope a couple of weeks on the road doesn't end Perth's streak.

Reply #830464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Perth will play there next game in 3 weeks. Assuming they can leave Perth.

Reply #830465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fixture has not changed for Bendigo this Sunday

Reply #830466 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I doubt Kings or Hawks play a single home game all season. Kings' coach hasn't seen his wife and 1 year old since November, but boy, I hope a couple of weeks on the road doesn't end Perth's streak.
Why won't the Kings or Hawks play at home? They're already at home and both teams had home games scheduled for next week. That may change when things get shuffled around, but NSW hasn't suddenly become a hotspot nor has anywhere that either team recently played.

And the streak is about more than just making the playoffs. It's been a huge part of the NBL for many years now, and for it to whimper out like this due to massive outside circumstances is really disappointing.

Reply #830469 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

So Perth will play there next game in 3 weeks. Assuming they can leave Perth.
They were in the airport this morning, so they're definitely getting out.

Reply #830470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK so 2 weeks quarantine....

Reply #830471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you replied to the wrong post, my post #457 clearly states it takes longer, I agree with you totally.

Reply #830472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe are you saying Kings and Hawks have home games in round 4 or 5? Round 5 has never been released.

Reply #830473 | Report this post

Red 38  
Years ago

Cats on the way to Sydney.
Join the dots.

Reply #830475 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Kobe are you saying Kings and Hawks have home games in round 4 or 5? Round 5 has never been released.
It was mentioned in one of the news articles that Sydney and Illawarra were both scheduled for home games in round five.

Reply #830476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Citation required.

Reply #830477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings were playing SEM in round 5, that could change though. I believe that the kings were not getting back to Sydney till after Melbourne tournament of games.

Reply #830478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But Kobe said they at home?

Reply #830479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can confirm the Kings are currently in Adelaide.

Reply #830480 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Hawks have posted multiple photos and videos of their training session at the Sandpit today.

Reply #830481 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Kings would likely be in Adelaide, yes, as they play there in the upcoming round.

Reply #830482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But you said "Why won't the Kings or Hawks play at home? They're already at home and both teams had home games scheduled for next week."

Reply #830483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings are in Adelaide. Hawks trained at Wollongong entertainment centre today.

Reply #830488 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

But you said "Why won't the Kings or Hawks play at home? They're already at home and both teams had home games scheduled for next week."
I meant the Hawks were already home, and both teams were scheduled for home games. I wasn't sure where the Kings were.

Not sure why the Hawks went home and the Kings didn't. Are there different rules for those traveling from NSW to VIC compared to SA?

Reply #830490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ yes

Reply #830491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wollongong isn't the same hot spot classification as western Sydney

Reply #830492 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind if they setup in Adeladie as a hub. We could go around to their hotel room the night before with drums.

Reply #830493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats flew to Sydney today I believe, can anyone confirm this.

Reply #830494 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Yes Wildcats flew to Sydney this afternoon.

Reply #830495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes have a look on the NBL website ;)

Reply #830497 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Such is the world these days.

Like others have said the Breakers are away from home all season. I do not see why the Wildcats fans should be whimpering or whining even if the streak does end.

Championship demeanour is about taking on all comers and styles on any given day at any given place.. you can't whimper and whine about what circumstances throws your way!

The players and coaching staff know this and aren’t complaining.

Reply #830515 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

What are the prospects of Cotton becoming a citizen?

Reply #830516 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Nobody knows. Same as every other time it's been brought up in the last six months.

Reply #830550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes all the wasted energy on what ifs...

Reply #830552 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Who cares. Breakers will be on the road for the entire season. Breakers are getting better but I can't see them making the top-4 if they get no home games.

At least Perth’s numbers are under control. Perth members will get their 14 home games. I wouldn’t complain too much because the Wildcats will get heaps of home games at the end of the season.

Reply #830554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hearing that both Hawks and Kings will have at least one home game each before the move to Melbourne. The Cats will play at least one game against either team. Should be announced in the next day or two.

Reply #830557 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Breakers are getting better but I can't see them making the top-4 if they get no home games.
Illawarra and Melbourne can pretty much lock in playoff spots at this point.

Cairns are too far behind already. SEM aren't good enough, Perth have barely scraped past them and are now on the road for two months, the Kings have too many injuries.

So you've got Adelaide, Brisbane, and NZ fighting for two playoff spots, unless there's a huge turnaround from someone else. And I'd have NZ above at least Brisbane at this stage.

Reply #830564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Breakers will need to improve significantly from what they've shown so far ..and I believe they can, but with no home games, I think the mountain is too big for them to climb this season. A lot will depend on Patterson.

Reply #830579 | Report this post

AuzzieAustin  
Years ago

Why all the negativity on the Cats? So what, we have to play away. Bring it on. Perth will still finish in the top 4, i'm a believer. The history speaks for it's self.

Cotton should get his Aussie citizenship this year, only no one knows when it will arrive, it could be December. I think we sat on our hands pre-season banking on that coming through. I really hope they have another plan in the works to make the roster work. We got some freeloaders/deadwood on the bench, needs to be fixed, then we make playoffs.

Reply #830580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide fans constantly try to rip down other teams and their supporters in an effort to try to feel *something* considering their state of delusion about the product they put on the court year in, year out. It's sad, really.

Reply #830582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's too early to write any team off, or lock any in.
Some teams have played 2 games!

Reply #830585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just a weird season going back to 2 imports, and some very ordinary. Cairns been hit the hardest as they had the best trio that were their main producers. Losing one of the import spots has probably hit them the hardest. Can't see them making the playoffs.

Reply #830595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns last year were 1-4, this year are 1-5, time will tell how much they've been impacted.

Reply #830596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone should ask why the 2 imports camw back ;)

Reply #830609 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Anyone who says international travel does not take longer than domestic is deluded"

Oh FFS.

Time spent in airports isn't the issue (except when it comes to covid :-()

What causes problems for athletes is the time spent in the air. It is particularly bad for anyone carrying an injury.
The low pressure exacerbates inflammation, the low oxygen causes fatigue and slows healing, the dry air causes dehydration, and the lack of mobility can cause several problems

Reply #830624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"What causes problems for athletes is the time spent in the air. It is particularly bad for anyone carrying an injury." Anyone carrying an injury Dazz shouldn't be flying. Don't state the obvious please.

Reply #830636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Someone should ask why the 2 imports came back ;)"

Okay, I'll bite. Why?

Reply #830637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So sitting around in airports is not bad, lol,I think everyone knows hanging around airports is uncomfortable and as boring as bat shit, which is certainly not good for anyone.

Reply #830658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Okay, I'll bite. Why?"
It wasn't for the salary they are getting paid.

Reply #830659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so the Wildcats are not coming to Brisbane next week?

Reply #830663 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Kings and Hawks both get home games in round five, per the NBL's announcement today.

You can stop whining now, Angus.

Reply #830695 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

One more Bendigo game for United against Cairns on Saturday night, 5:30pm.

Reply #830709 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Cats play SEM 4 times in a row

Reply #830713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Playing United Sunday then se again

Reply #830715 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Maybe not, given Victoria just became a hot-spot.

Reply #830730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes we know.... sigh

Reply #830757 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:28 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754