Jack Toft
Years ago

SYD v NZB Feb 25

We haven't seen much of the Breakers this season and they have become the lost tribe of Israel wandering the Australian desert living off of honey and whichity grubs. With only one lonely win this season, they really need a win to lift their spirits and keep them in the running this season. The Kings (of their own Domain) are showing us how tight this season's contest is as they bob around mid table.

Kings to remain Masters of their Domain with a hard fought win... NEXT!

Topic #48130 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Going to be hard for NZ without Loe & Patterson.
Will need a huge game from both Websters, Abercrombie, Delaney & Iverson.

NZ may be due a W though.

Reply #834231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings are competitive but no certainty to win this, on the other hand nz have not looked like winners. If nz guards turn up and play team as well as actually make a few baskets this could get interesting. Kings have some players who don't defend to well, the battle of the two fives could be interesting as both get into foul trouble a lot. Tai v Casper will decide this though and I think Casper has the goods. Kings by 3.

Reply #834233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patterson wasn't a factor last time and it was close. It will be interesting if Iverson continues to improve. If he does and stays out of trouble, the Kings may have trouble containing Webster. This is too close to call.

Reply #834241 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

10-2 run to Nz to start.
Iverson looks like he's playing with children in the paint.

Reply #834296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jordan Hunter is one of the worst players the NBL has ever seen.

Reply #834297 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I wouldn't go that far but still struggle to see what the Kings saw in him to give him a 3 year deal.

Reply #834298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kickerts one of the best 3 point shooters of all time & Sydney keeps running plays for him in the post...

Reply #834299 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Iverson could be a problem for a lot of teams now he's finding his feet.
Corey has been on fire and they’ve all been moving the ball around.
Galloway looking pretty good for a DP out there blocking shots and getting to the rim.

Now to see if NZ can keep it up.

Reply #834300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice challenge :)

Reply #834301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#297 Hunter has 11 points in 6 mins a perfect 4 from 4. Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

Reply #834303 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

NZ 5 fouls in 3mins 20 seconds????

Reply #834304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#297 I think you meant to write "Dan Trist".

Reply #834305 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Sham ir getting found out.

Reply #834306 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I'm not sure which is a bigger douche of the two Coreys.

Webster trying to lose the game by playing hot-head hero ball, Williams trying to lose fans every time he opens his gob.

Reply #834307 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Hahaha and no they couldn't. 20 point swing in the second quarter and Sydney lead by 10 lol

Reply #834308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hunters really making me eat my words

Reply #834309 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

> Hunters really making me eat my words

Please...no need.

When your opponent is Colton Iverson or Galloway Ben Allen would go into Beast mode as well.

Is this Shamir's game plan? Let the Websters put up 5 - 25?

Reply #834311 | Report this post

Jay  
Years ago

Out of 39 fg the Webster brother shoot 25 in the first half..how many they will shot for the whole game??

Reply #834312 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Years ago

NZ are a rabble, their head coach (or whatever title he goes by) has no idea.
He does know you're allowed to call a timeout when you’re getting you’re arse kicked doesn’t he?
And imagine coaching the Webster brothers, I think the term is coach killers...

Reply #834313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller is plus 18, next best Casper plus 8. He plays defence, boxes out and low and behold the game changes.

Reply #834314 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Yeah Moller is seriously under rated.

On another note since NBL Cup games are hosted at a neutral venue can viewers in every state claim the free cheeseburger?

Reply #834315 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

The Webster boys keep throwing up junk

Reply #834316 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Truly awful. Gutless and leaderless. Feel sorry for Abercrombie.

Reply #834317 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Cheeseburgers are for every state.

Reply #834318 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I wouldn't feel too sorry for him they keep throwing contract extensions at him all the time and he signs em.

Reply #834319 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

On another note since NBL Cup games are hosted at a neutral venue can viewers in every state claim the free cheeseburger?

Apparently if your State has an NBL team, yes.

Reply #834320 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Years ago

Perthworld, you misspelt overrated with Moller...

Reply #834321 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Can we please give the Breakers some alcohol to take back to the Hotel so they don't have the steal it this time?

Cuzzy Bros need it bad.

Reply #834322 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers need a leader.
Someone to grab the team by the scruff of the neck and steer the ship in the right direction.

Reply #834323 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Vasiljevic is a fine player

Reply #834324 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Someone to grab the team by the scruff of the neck and steer the ship in the right direction.

Yeah...someone like Glen Rice Jnr.

Reply #834325 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Vasiljevic is a fine player

Please don't be unfaithful to Cam.

Reply #834326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did anyone think that the Breakers would be at the top of the table being affectively living in permanent quarantine? Other teams can go home to their family's, home courts and they are stuck here but still putting in. I say well done.

Reply #834327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least Tai passes the ball. Corey is a black hole.

Reply #834328 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

NZ were dire. Sydney lost interest in the third quarter, could have embarassed them.

Reply #834331 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

How bad must Trist be not getting time on the floor in a 20 point blowout?

Reply #834333 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Years ago

Mystro, the leader should be the guy that didn't call a timeout in the 3rd quarter until it was way too late!

Reply #834334 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

It's fast becoming a train wreck.

Reply #834335 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Both Websters travel most times they start dribbling with a defender anywhere near them aswell

Reply #834336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are Breakers getting a replacement for Patterson or Loe? They lost 2 of their main players surely they must replace them...

Anyway, Dan Shamir can go. I've seen enough.

Reply #834338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shamir is not very good but this roster is not good

Reply #834339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

These are good players, it's just not the right mix.

Breakers should have sat this season out. No home games, on the road for months, living in hotels...it’s too much and it shows.

Reply #834340 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Vasiljevic could be a good replacement for Goulding in the Boomers as early as 2024 if he keeps up the good work. Great shot and lots of heart.

Reply #834353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nz lead by 10 @1/4 time, Moller no minutes, starts the 2nd after not playing in the first, plays just over 5 minutes in the second and Lo and behold kings up by 8 when he goes to the bench. An 18 point turn around, now I know there are a lot haters on here but when I coached basketball, getting your hands in the lane, playing defence and boxing out were required for teams to win. Maybe the game has changed and it's not what’s wanted any more but I’m certain other coaches would like that on their team.

Reply #834355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller had one good game. Settle down.
Look at the stats, he is minus for the whole season so far.

Reply #834357 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Kings were undefeated to start last season until Moller went down injured. It's not just one game.

Reply #834358 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Moller's been playing all season and the Kings have been below .500 the whole time.

Reply #834360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller has been getting bench minutes with dp and bench guys, stats don't always tell you everything, as punter said previously you need guys that compete, his screens free up Casper.

Reply #834361 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Stop the excuses he's been getting bench minutes because he's not starting standard.

Stats don't tell you everything? Well stop banging on about this guy's +/- last season then.

Reply #834364 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Iverson goes for 8 and 6. Yep fantastic.

Its a train wreck.

Did Abercrombie play?

I've been advocating Corey start, that worked well. The only posit I can think of.

Yep a lot of junk. Do they have an offence?

Keeping weeks instead of Ili haunting them.

Daniel Trist. Don't get me started.

Last thought. Who is the plonker sticking up for Shamir saying the squad is no good. Who do you think put the squad together?

Final last thought. Delaney at center. Oh boy.

Reply #834388 | Report this post

Dione  
Years ago

It was always going to be a tough and difficult season for NZ playing away (not to mention some unfortunate injuries), but boy they are not showing much heart or resiliency.

Reply #834391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't say anything about his plus minus, some other punter did, I just like the way he plays.

Reply #834392 | Report this post

Dione  
Years ago

Moller plays hard - always hustles, crashes the boards, and engaged on defence. Obviously some holes in his game on the offensive end at this level (if he could only develop a reliable 3), and not the greatest length, but as an energy guy off the bench he's great.

Reply #834397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"It was always going to be a tough and difficult season for NZ playing away"
No, they always play away now. So it's not tough or difficult, it's called their job.

Reply #834410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, and their job is tough and difficult this year due to them being away from their families the whole time, and having to live under bubble rules and barely leave their hotel.

Reply #834431 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Anon 410, you're living in a fantasy if you think living in another country under isolation rules isn't difficult.
No other team in this league has to deal with the same adversity NZ do, not even close.
I for one appreciate that they were prepared to go through this so I can watch the team I support in this league play, even if they are just making up the numbers and getting spanked each game.

Reply #834446 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Injuries really taking a toll this year

Cooks, Martin, Patterson, Loe

Some really good players missing from this game, also CG and Ili from the other game. Seems like more teams are more injury affected than normal.

Reply #834449 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I don't think Loe was injured, I think it was related to his new born baby.

Add Corey Webster to that list LV

Reply #834452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to Boti's latest write up:

"While there is good reason to feel sympathetic to the Breakers' plight, in lockdown in Oz for this entire season, missing family and now also releasing import Lamar Patterson"

"IT honestly breaks my heart to see a team of such talent as New Zealand struggling so much with their unavoidable COVID-19 driven circumstances this season. With Lamar Patterson gone, sometimes it can be a case of addition by subtraction but it's still difficult to see them beating a steadily improving Sydney"

Reply #834477 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

"IT honestly breaks my heart to see a team of such talent as New Zealand struggling so much with their unavoidable COVID-19 driven circumstances this season."

That sums it up for me, I don't get any enjoyment beating NZ this year. I feel really bad for them all.

Reply #834481 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

NZ have copped the worst deal by a mile.

Reply #834482 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

I don't think any team in the league can afford their PG and their SG take 60% of their shots. Corey can wheels. And deal a bit, but not with Lusaka hounding him. He took that too personally.
Tai is an enigma. He gets to hoop well but he is not a good outside shooter. He is erratic and plays like it is a scrimmage.
Finn and Abercrombie have to get involved esp Finn in low post.

Reply #834525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers look very dispirited, it's a tough ask but, doesn’t seem there is a lot pride in their performance though. Near favourites at seasons start to spoon. Webster’s are hogs, never seen a shot they don’t like.
Is the coach contracted for next season?.

Reply #834533 | Report this post

Samson  
Years ago

It is difficult for the Breakers, no denying it, but all the teams atm, except Melb and SEM, are in the same boat and playing with heart has NOTHING to do with living away from home.

I'd really like to see the following lineupZ

T Webster
Weeks
Abercrombie
Delaney
Iverson

Corey can go, has no heart (well it has always looked like that anyway) is selfish and is all about him

Reply #834572 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:16 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754