Jack Toft
Years ago

Brusbun v New Zeelund Mar 27

I'm beginning to believe that when Tom Abercrombie told the boys to give their mums a kiss and cancel their papers for a bit, that they thought they would be back in no time from their magical adventure. But their Unexpected Journey goes ever on and on, fighting dragons and making up numbers in the NBL, but there's some good in this world, Mr. Abercrombie... and it’s worth fighting for. Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.

Brisbane have snuck into the top 4 like a hooligan sneaking into a blind man's house hoping no-one will notice. They are playing a nice style of basketball at the moment and seizing every opportunity like a homeless man camping by a McDonalds dumpster. A win will keep them in the top 4 so it's time for them to jump into that dumpster and find a Big Mac or two.

The Breakers went down horribly only 7 days ago and they were slaughtered on the boards by a team who wanted the win more. Harry Froling giving us all a glimpse of his potential.

Breakers making up the numbers this season, Brisbun to hold on to fourth with a win

Topic #48270 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Iverson stays out of foul trouble, Breakers win.

Reply #839119 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Bullets by 7.

Reply #839120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Iverson is a game time decision to play. Goes without saying that if he's out the Breakers are completely screwed,

Reply #839121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane to win just a deeper team, just the way it is sometimes in professional sports.

However I do have a query, are the Breakers contenders for being the best 1st quarter team in the league?

Reply #839136 | Report this post

Slopernator  
Years ago

Apparently Law out injured?

Reply #839148 | Report this post

Vodka 34  
Years ago

Brisbane Bullets to win are the last leg of my 7 game multi... so needless to say the Breakers are no doubt going to run them over.

Reply #839156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shamir has few fans locally, but he's a classy and intelligent coach the way he explains their situation and the abominable reffing against Melbourne: https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/300263205/breakers-coach-dan-shamir-flummoxed-by-tough-calls-as-losing-nbl-skid-continues

Reply #839163 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I saw very little basketball intelligence from Shamir in the last quarter against United.

Reply #839169 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

Law out, Iverson in.

Reply #839173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a shocker.!!!!!!! Move the damn ball before you heave it up.

Reply #839176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling reverting back to his true garbage self.

Reply #839179 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

I couldn't care less how Shamir is post game.

I'd like him to be able to recruit sensibly.

Reply #839180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goal keepers winning this game.

Reply #839181 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

You mean like replace a big with a big so you don't just have one ?

Reply #839182 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Yep

Reply #839185 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

What's up with no Law/Hodgson?

Reply #839188 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Brisbane Bullets to win are the last leg of my 7 game multi... so needless to say the Breakers are no doubt going to run them over.

What were the first six legs?

Reply #839189 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Terrible call on Abercrombie

Reply #839194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow. Abercrombie has really pissed off the refs in the NBL.

Reply #839195 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

OT.

Reply #839196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Webster is much better when he looks to pass, his last quarter has been rubbish. Tense game, Brisbane to win from here

Reply #839197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was a terrible shot to win. Tai just over dribbles in crunch time.

Reply #839198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whoo hoo just deserveed

Reply #839203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What started as a shit game ended fantastic. Iverson is a beast, when Webster doesn't over dribble he can play, just dribbles to much. Well deserved win by the breakers.
Both sides short on players, those that played need triple ice baths. This is no cup cake league.

Reply #839204 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

I love Bog Colt45

Reply #839206 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Bach some dude they found In the danish league basically grabbed him of the street he's awesome.

Reply #839207 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

It's actually embarrassing how badly the NBL is refereed

Reply #839211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Colton Iverson related to Allen Iverson?

Reply #839212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Brisbane to win from here" Oops.

Reply #839215 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Yes, brother

Reply #839216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" If Iverson stays out of foul trouble, Breakers win."

Yep. If he hadn't fouled out against Melbourne they win that won too.

It’s easy to think Webster was over dribbling but that’s what the defence gave him on their middle on ball with Iverson. Iverson was injured so wasn’t rolling to the hoop well and second half Brisbane stayed home on the shooters. Tai should have made those layups and shots. But he was probably fatigued so the Breakers should have changed to the pick and pop action with Webster and Delaney. That is damn hard for teams to guard right now. If Corey is back next round that will take a load off Tai in their offence and the Breakers will be much more efficient.

Reply #839217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Brisbane gave it a fair crack. Law injured Hodgson injured, last week Cadee Sobey Law Sick and this week Froling sick. Pretty good effort considering.

Reply #839225 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Froling sick. Wonder if it was food poisoning, 2pts on 11% shooting oh dear.

Reply #839229 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Get off the Harry band wagon.. the dude can play... 2p points again n st breakers .. No mean effort then sickness cut him no flavours... H me bro fro the future of Aus ball. Harry froling ya ma darling.....

Reply #839255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling would still be starting if in Adelaide. Sad when individuals here take pride in a poor Harry performance, but disappear when he has a solid game.

Reply #839257 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:46 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754