Jack Toft
Years ago

Sydney v Perf Apr 8

Back in Wifi range and tonight it's East v West. The Kings have snuck into the top 4 like Bogut sneaking into a dwarf convention, wearing a clown suit. They think that no-one will notice a bit of purple haze in the top 4 and tonight they host "the weakest Cats team since the 80's" I think one person described them.

It really is the Cotton show way out west. Cats fans think he's Cotton Candy, and why not. He's saved their bacon many a time, so who from the Kings will have a sweet tooth? But he is the man who is on fire. Perf looking better than Scomo in the polls.

Kings are riding in the mid table pack but in the game on NBL you can't ride you horse mid pack and expect a flag. Like the old Covid jab, you need to roll up your sleeve and get in there. If you want to see finals actin, you need to bet Perf. Can they do it, or is it time to crumble?

Topic #48330 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Will Forde's "feedback" after the last time these two met pay off or blowup in his face?

Reply #841314 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Wildcats by 6.

Reply #841315 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I think Fordes feedback pays off and Cats winning streak comes to an end. It has to some time this weekend with them playing 3 games...doesn't it?

Reply #841318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats will want to prove Forde don't no shit, they might drop one this weekend but this game. Only chance I see a kings win is if they play team first, all game, they have the ability but don’t happen often enough. Cats by six.

Reply #841331 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Crumbles by 5+

Reply #841334 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

If Sydney can't win this one then Homicide is quite correct about the Cats-Kings rivalry not actually being a rivalry.
Homicide is rarely correct, so I favour the Kings in this one.

Reply #841341 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I have had the feeling Perth is due for a loss for like 3 games now.

Reply #841359 | Report this post

Vodka 34  
Years ago

Any reason why Perth has moved from $1.70 to $1.86?

Reply #841394 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Perf have had a good run, maybe they a due. I was kinda hoping it would be in a semi

Reply #841395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any truth to the rumor that Perth have already shot 11 free throws?

Reply #841396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack, when was the last time you had a semi?

Reply #841397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Any reason why Perth has moved from $1.70 to $1.86?"

Generally means a ton has been bet against them.

Reply #841398 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Correct, but for what reason is the question? Late injury out?

Reply #841399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is sbs on demand not working for anyone else, or is that just me?

Reply #841400 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

can't find game on sbs on demand

Reply #841402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The game is there under "live now on SBS", but I get "the SBS on demand app has experienced an unknown error. Please wait a few moments and try again."

Reply #841403 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

got it

Reply #841404 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

That was probably when Kevin White was confirmed available to play :p

Reply #841405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see adam fordes rant worked, Casper fouled every time, bairstow shoved into norton which send him out, no worries...

Reply #841408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jesus, louzada misses a layup after he pushes off, gets a foul??? Wow

Reply #841409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dejan Vasiljevic maybe just torn his Achilles as well

Reply #841410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is that not a usf on Bruce? No play on the ball?

Reply #841411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings can't blame the refs for this one.

Reply #841414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Forde and Smith going to blame for the mistake-filled first half from the Kings?

Reply #841415 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

They will refer to Shane Heal's Twitter before proceeding.

Reply #841417 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

Man I hope that isn't an Achilles for Vasiljevic. It's normally an older athlete injury. Hate to see another quality young player go down with that. Fingers crossed!

Reply #841419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There were 18 more obvious fouls that could have been called, but nbl ref's call the most awkward one.

Not a foul on ware when cotton drove???

Reply #841420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foul on Ware on the Cotton drive? Ease up tiger, I know Cotton gets the rub more than anyone in the NBL, but to say he was fouled there was.. wait, what I am doing? Perth fans, smh.

Reply #841421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man with the true ROY probably out for at least the season, I guess the award moves onto Josh Giddey by default. Such a shame. DJ has been an absolute star in his first season. First Jack White, now Vasiljevic. Hoping good news is on the horizon and it is not as bad as suspected.

Reply #841423 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

This game is awful

Reply #841426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This game is boring. Refing is as good as the shooting percentage.

Reply #841427 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

So low scoring.

Reply #841428 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Ware just went into hog mode, utterly selfish.

Reply #841430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings most clutch team with the team on the line in sports history. F'n pathetic.

Reply #841431 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Haha, icing on the cake, after Casper the hogger became our MVP once again, with an air balled three by Martin followed by the Kings failurr to foul until it was too late. That was ugly. Thanks Sydney.

Reply #841433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forde made an absolute dickhead of himself tonight. Stopped coaching to win to try and make a point about the refs. Idiot.

Reply #841434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least Ware is aggressive to the basket and getting free throws

Reply #841435 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm really keen to hear how this loss is going to be the refs' fault as well.

Reply #841436 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

As I have said, this rivalry is similar to an ants rivalry with a boot.

Perth shot beyond poor and the kings couldn't get it done. Ware is a flat track bully, stands out against poor opposition and always fails against quality opposition.

Reply #841437 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Forde made an absolute dickhead of himself tonight. Stopped coaching to win to try and make a point about the refs. Idiot.

I especially enjoyed the big tanty after the ref's explanation of Martin's 4th. Way to damage your own credibility, dude.

Reply #841438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth Owns tje kings like they own the United and every other team in the NBL. The only team that gives them trouble regularly is the Bullets

Reply #841439 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

sbs on demand has not worked for me for a week now.

It keeps coming up" it has incurred an error and try again shortly".

I even deleted and reloaded it as per sbs advise.

Did not fix it and I have contacted sbs again and heard nothing back

Reply #841440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats a you problem Anon. What do you expect us to do? Come to your house and fix it for you?

Reply #841443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Use twitch instead of SBS on demand. If you can download the SBS app you can download twitch.

Reply #841444 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Quite enjoyed the game. Baffled why CW decided that a contested 3 was the best last-play option given how many had fallen for him tonight....

Confidence? I guess. Killed the Kings quite a bit last season too as I recall.

Reply #841445 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I still can't get over how bad the three Ware attempted without even looking to pass was.

Reply #841446 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Kings will never have a better chance.
Forde looked like a complete goose tonight. Gleeson might ride the refs but he still coaches his team.
Forde lost the plot.
By the way, what is Lisch there for? He doesn't seem to be involved in anything.

Reply #841447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is just chilling waiting for his turn while watching Forde hang himself

Reply #841448 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Congrats to Perth backers who ended up getting more value.

Reply #841449 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Can anyone help I cannot find the post game pressers, would like to see what Forde says.

Reply #841450 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

It's on the NBL twitter page

Reply #841451 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Kings got Caspered again, love it.

Reply #841452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ware and Forde have cost kings at least three games this season, Ware hero ball burns fellow players. Ware last three horror ball he burned one off the kings forwards who was naked under the basket, lay up to tie the game, possible and one, can't remember who it was, maybe Martin but they should be exploding. Ware plays hero ball because he personally wants to win the battle with Cotton, Cotton plays team ball and brings other players into the team, there freeing up shots for himself. Cotton is smarter and shoots better. Gleeson knows his teams strengths and weaknesses, he also knows opposition teams and adjusts to it. Forde looks good in a suit, doesn’t know his teams strengths, weaknesses or the opposition. Does Smith know enough about basketball to see it, certainly is a smart business man.
Perth then daylight.

Reply #841453 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

It's on the NBL twitter page

Thanks mate.

Ware and Forde have cost kings at least three games this season, Ware hero ball burns fellow players.

In a way you cannot blame Forde, late game is when you give it to your stars.

You live by Casper, you die by Casper. He gives you good games, and some bad.

Reply #841455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton makes smart decisions, Ware plays hero ball as Gleeson said in a time out in the Perth game. His words were history tells us Ware is going to try win this himself, he could a few seasons back but not since United premiership year.

Reply #841456 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Yes but they have commited to using Ware, so you can't blame Forde for using Ware liek everyone else has (with some success) previously.

Who else was going to take those shots?

Bruce?
Vodanovich?
Moller?
Kickert?
Martin airballed his too.

Reply #841457 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Greatful for the win.
Suck on that Forde.
Not fair that Vasilijevic is injured though.

Reply #841464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the crowd and the commentary were both pretty disappointing tonight (as well as the shooting, of course).

Is the seating quite restricted? Even when the Kings were outplaying the Wildcats, the fans were just flat. They were loudest when whinging.

I wanted to see turnover stats. As much as the Wildcats shot poorly, I thought they made uncharacteristically poor passing decisions.

After Liam's comments on the fouls in their last game, his observations were pretty selective tonight.

Reply #841466 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The Swans and Rabbitohs both had home games, and there's some Easter thing on which made transport a nightmare, so hardly surprising to see a small crowd.

Reply #841470 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

KR Always has an excuse for crap crowd numbers. They have been Always been shit unless Lamello is in town.

Reply #841475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The f..king open man should be taking those shots, not ware who has three defenders on him. Cotton finds his team mates.

Reply #841487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton > Ware
Mooney > Martin
Gleeson > Forde

Game over.

Reply #841510 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Bendat > Smith

Reply #841511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Red Army > Purple Filth

Reply #841526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ware 5 turnovers, 5/17
Bruce 5 turnover 0/3
Newley 1/7

All experienced players for those results.

Reply #841527 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Purple Filth? Nice.

Reply #841528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Red Army > Mardi Gras

Reply #841529 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Ppl talking about being committed to Ware being your go to guy, that doesn't mean you just jack up all the shots at the end, should be making the right decision whether that be taking a reasonable shot or finding your open teammates, not hero ball. Ware has and always will be cleaning Cotton's boots.

Reply #841530 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Ppl talking about being committed to Ware being your go to guy, that doesn't mean you just jack up all the shots at the end, should be making the right decision whether that be taking a reasonable shot or finding your open teammates, not hero ball.

You make a valid point, I agree.

Example would be Cotton being the main man but still looks to get his team the best shot if that isn't him.

Unfortunately that's not Ware's DNA, it doesn't look like it's Sydney DNA either. They buy the best players and seem to imply we have paid you lots go and get it done. Example would be Gaze's last year at Sydney where they had the most talent in the league and gave the reigns to Gaze who proved he couldn't provide direction or a strategy the prior 2 years.

Reply #841558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ware is a street baller. He is about as good as Homicide was. Has one good game or season and he keeps that reputation forever.

Reply #841560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ware was said to be Sydney mvp on kings review, it says a lot there.

Reply #841567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Martin was clearly their best player.

Reply #841568 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Ware was said to be Sydney mvp on kings review, it says a lot there.

This sums up their lack of culture to a tee, there is no accountability.

Reply #841576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think threre is accountability but not for a few of the top paid players. Look how Goorj is holding Adel to account.

Reply #841589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney continually lose the battle and the war. They lose games to Perth for various reasons, so then they try and manufacture off court shit as a distraction, and they come out of those things looking stupid as well.

Reply #841599 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:41 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754