ranford 1/14 what a stinker

Reply #56425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shes overated

Reply #56439 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Laura seems to have lost all confidence. She missed so many last week that in the first half she wouldn't shoot from under the basket.
All of them must have been worried about not playing a 'team' game and gave up some open shots under the basket to toss it out again and then run out of time to take a decent shot.
Looked like 'one pass too many' a few times tonight.

Reply #56448 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Ranford 1 out of 14 shots. Doesnt sound like too many passes there. Where was their defence??>???

Reply #56458 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

I think the coach may have to think hard because it isnt working.

Reply #56459 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

That's what I mean...ranford getting the ball with a couple of seconds left and haveing to toss up a prayer...

Reply #56464 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

1 out of 14. Thats some prayer, and they lost by more than 2 points!!! Obviously they are doing something wrong. Their defence is crap, cause too many of them want to play their own game

Reply #56468 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

1 out of 14. Thats some prayer, and they lost by a lot more than 2 points!!! Obviously they are doing something wrong. Their defence is crap, cause too many of them want to play their own game. Play like a team, win like a team

Reply #56469 | Report this post

wise one  
Years ago

it is clear the "not chasing deanna smith" has back fired - we need a scorer and she is delivering for the lynx

Reply #56479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deanne missed like 3 open lay ups from memory.

Reply #56484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they lose by 3 to the top side, that's a good job - especially considering how poorly they played last week against Perth.

When the top three players for Lightning don't fire - we struggle.

D Ranford is a good player, she is a team player - her defensive pressure is match winning.

The Lightning management went out and got players who would compliment the style of game they wanted to play - but haven't really played it so far.

The Lightning are likely to miss the finals for the first time in over 10 years.

I don't think it's the coaching teams fault that their chargers aren't primed and firing on all cyclinders...... Or is it.....

Reply #56487 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon it is their fault!!!! They need to stop depending on just the top 3 players, and give the junior playes some encouragement to step up. How did Marsh go?

Reply #56488 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon it is their fault!!!! They need to stop depending on just the top 3 players, and give the junior playes some encouragement to step up. How did Marsh go?

Reply #56489 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

The fellas need to work together as more of a team rather than every individual on the team just trying to be the hero and take them to the top!!

They have a line up that would be an excellent team if all they did was play as more of a team and run the game more smoothly to suit the individual styles of each player!

Reply #56504 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

I agree. Just watched the replay & it wasnt good. Dandenong rotated their bench lots and everyone contributed to the game ancd scored. Fellas need to realise they are a team and start to support oneanother and maybe they may start winning.

Too many dominant personalities to gel. At one stage Fellas were 11 points up but they gave it away with too many individual efforts.

Reply #56508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well how about we look at the fact that only 6 people played. Its hard to gel a team when only half the team actually play.
not too mention when you recruit two young kids into the team and they give up what their doing to join the team and then have to ask what its like to play on the court it makes you wonder why people bother.
ones attitude usually reflects its leadership.

Reply #56571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dean Kinsman at the institute great for junior basketball pity hes not here. Maybe he should have been.

Reply #56572 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Well the 6 that played coudnt save the day (1 out of 14 shots) so maybe Lucas should actually revew his game plan because its not working!!!!!

The will win well against the AIS today because they are a young undermanned team but maybe he should watch how Kinsman mentors those young kids and take a leaf from his book!!!

Reply #56586 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, Kinsman should have been there.

Reply #56596 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:58 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754