Mystro
Years ago

Unbreakable 5 part Documentary on the NZ Breakers

Currently Sky Sport here in NZ is playing a 5 part behind the scenes documentary on the Breakers experience last season in Australia called "Unbreakable: 154 Days in Australia".

It features interviews and a good look behind the scenes with Coaching Staff and Management as well as the Players on what transpired last season when NZ were forced to spend 154 days in Australia due to Covid-19.

Last night was episode 2, episode 1 was just more of an introduction to the team and the circumstances that forced them to relocate to Melbourne and then Hobart.

Last night Dan Shamir was pretty straight up in saying that when he saw Lamar Patterson turn up at 120kg and struggling to move around the practice court, "I knew I was f#*cked!!!".
All of the players also didn't hold back on how disappointed they were with the condition LP presented himself in.
It has been good to see more of Shamir's personality and he is actually pretty funny.

Looking forward to episode 3 tonight.

Topic #49491 | Report this topic

Just a fan  
Years ago

How can we watch this in Aus??

Reply #877796 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

At the moment it's only available on SkySport NZ as they funded it but it's pretty good so I would expect it to be made available online at some point fingers crossed.
Pretty cool to hear the players talk unfiltered about the whole experience.

There are small small snippets on the Breakers social media channels.

Reply #877797 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

For those of us who sail the high seas it hasn't been released by the pirates yet either.

Reply #877806 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Last night Dan Shamir was pretty straight up in saying that when he saw Lamar Patterson turn up at 120kg and struggling to move around the practice court, "I knew I was f#*cked!!!".

That's gold!

Patterson really should be embarrassed with the shape he starts every season in.

Reply #877809 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Mody Maor didn't hold back on Patterson either.
He was supposed to be the main man and he was unplayable.

Tai Webster said in one of his interviews that if anyone said they enjoyed any part of last season they were lying.

Reply #877811 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

Let's hope it gets released soon perthworld!

Reply #877812 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I trust this documentary excludes Rob Loe as he broke very easily and quickly.

Reply #877817 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

It'll be hilarious if Patterson torches NZ for 35 every time, and otherwise has another unremarkable season

Although I've heard LP's in better pre-season shape than usual this year?

Reply #877818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He hung around and played in Queensland so he would have been watched. I remember he even mentioned how unprofessional it was to blow out like that. Funny how essentially breakers swapped him for Hopson and both struggled, LP for obvious reasons and Hopson started it off badly for Melbourne trying to fit in.
Looking forward to watching doco, always good to see behind the scenes stuff and sounds like there were some honest answers instead of usual cliches.

Reply #877827 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Mody Moar, "it's like he expected his reputation or resume to step out on the court and get it done for him, unfortunately that’s not how basketball works".

Reply #877830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I understand Rob Loe does feature. Apparently the team were not happy with him ditching them.

Reply #877832 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Pretty unfair on Lamar there. As Hoops readers know the guy who turned up in previous years at 120KG was Lamar Fatterson. Lamar Patterson has turned up in pretty good shape this year and will go well.

Reply #877833 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Is this available to watch in Aus

With the personalities at the Breakers you'd expect honesty rather than cliches, it should be good viewing

Reply #877845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

VPN set to NZ and 7 day trial. Need to add credit card or paypal but works.

Reply #877848 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

https://www.sky.co.nz/sky-sport-now

Reply #877850 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

They need to change the name of the doco to the roast of LP

Reply #877851 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Most of the team we were unhappy with Rob Loe leaving as they were all going through the same stuff.
Tai missed the birth of his child, Corey missed his kids birthdays and first day of school, Tom's wife was dealing with 3 young kids by herself as well as copping it in the NZ media and Weeks wife’s father died and she was having their first child.

Most of the NZ players relationships with Rob go way way back before he was a Breaker so it’s not like they hold it against him or bare a grudge for him putting his family first.

Reply #877855 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

What was Tom's wife copping by the media?

Reply #877870 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/basketball-new-zealand-breakers-star-tom-abercrombie-hits-back-at-claims-family-was-given-special-quarantine-treatment/RG7VJBRANRENUOLL4SL6XZH4P4/

Reply #877872 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:15 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754