RobT
Years ago

Patty Gets Another Accolade!

Hearing on news reports that Patty Mills has been awarded the "Don", an acknowledgement as the most influential sports-person of the year (I think? The announcement caught me by surprise. Maybe some-one else can clarify)

Topic #49496 | Report this topic

RobT  
Years ago

"The award is presented annually to the athlete or team whose deeds most inspired the nation over the past 12 months." from hsbs.com.au.

Reply #877908 | Report this post

Grovermister  
Years ago

https://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/patty-mills-latest-accolade-proves-hes-the-best-australian-athlete/news-story/6bf641b72bab1b9a14dbfa0a0c34736b

Reply #877909 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

He was also named ACT Australian of the year too. A good chance he takes this out next month

Reply #877918 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

All well deserved but in the end I think it pales to the significance of what he's actually achieved in reality.

Reply #877923 | Report this post

Lawndale  
Years ago

Give him everything

Reply #877978 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Credit to his country

Reply #878013 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:18 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754